• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Stephen on Dusk SE ... out for an Evening Stroll.

In a rather well lit area of town.
Evening Stroll.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I don't even like when someone else takes a pic of me, never did.

I've finally learned to a/ not hide at the back behind the tall people, b/ not run away and hide in closets, and c/ not wrest the camera away from the photographer and say "I'll do it!" but I still hate it ;) Poor Shannon is going to have a hard job finding photos for my funeral!

And I must confess to kicking one persistent individual in the shin when he persisted in following me around one beach bbq trying to catch me unaware, and informing an overseas cruiser whose only joy in life seems to be photographing people at their most inopportune and publishing said photos in our club magazine, that if she took one more of me, the next photo she took would be of her colon ;)

Last edited:

Me195

Extraordinary
I could have sworn I posted this here but I must have put it in the other thread...Dusk SE wearing streaming hair, GenesisM2 Viking outfit and Stonemason's in the woods...View attachment 23984

Nice, GM2's stuff seems to fit Dusk great. I'm a sucker for medieval/Fantasy renders, and this one is outstanding.

Another portrait..... In case you want to know, I used the Business Hair in this render.
View attachment 23992

Wow another amazing portrait. Well done.

I've been enjoying every ones portrayal of Dusk SE.

Here's my first render.

Dusk Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art & CG Cubed & Lisa Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire 3D
Dusk's Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Christopher Creek Art & CG Cubed & Spiritfoxy at HiveWire 3D
Maasai Finery for Dawn by ile-avalon at HiveWire 3D

CQ Event Hairstyle by Neftis

Studio Portrait

View attachment 23994

Excellent render. He looks intense. The tone has a very nice painting like quality. I like it.

Dusk is visiting the South Pacific and took this selfie with his phone at the Bridal Veil Falls, near Raglan in NZ.

Fantastic render. That is an excellent location for a selfie. I hope he doesn't drop the camera.

First Dusk SE render, Dusk SE and a bit of dial spinning.

That's a heck of a good dial spin. Your portraits are pretty amazing too.

Stephen on Dusk SE ... out for an Evening Stroll.

In a rather well lit area of town.
View attachment 24073

I really like the tone. It's kind of a hard light look. I love it. I would love to be able to make something like that. Wonderful render.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Niiiiiice render Me. Did you use a HDRi with EZDome, or did you add your own background image?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks ME195...it was fitted to Dusk using a clone. Sometimes though you get a better result manually converting things. The outfits I recently did for Diva/Zan were done manually...I don't have a clone for K4...yet!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Michele.

And yeah, it was mentioned that the older characters may need the old Dusk dialled in to work properly. I haven't played yet, but I did hear about the dupe error and someone said deleteing the old dusk first got rid of it.

Me195

Extraordinary
Thanks ME195...it was fitted to Dusk using a clone. Sometimes though you get a better result manually converting things. The outfits I recently did for Diva/Zan were done manually...I don't have a clone for K4...yet!

You're welcome. I'm still in the very basics with DS, so I haven't tried out any of it's fitting features yet. By manually converting it do you mean opening it up in a modeling program?:eek: