• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
you all did great renders!

Dusk rendered in Daz Iray

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A few DuskSE images from this weekend. I did run into some trouble with morph dial shapes I'd made; some looked off until I dialed the old Dusk face back in. Also something about duplicate formulas. Other than that, he works great for me.

:)

These images are quite special. Can we use any of them for our newsletter or to share on facebook? Very nicely done. Love that first one a lot. They're all great.

Michele

Eager
These images are quite special. Can we use any of them for our newsletter or to share on facebook? Very nicely done. Love that first one a lot. They're all great.

Thanks! And you can post them wherever you'd like.

Hopefully I'll have some time to play around with DuskSE some more.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks! And you can post them wherever you'd like.

Hopefully I'll have some time to play around with DuskSE some more.

Thanks so much. I'll post away and give you credit for imagery of course.

Are these rendered in Studio or Poser?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie, that's exactly why it was important for Dusk SE to have the original Dusk as part of it. So that folks can dial back the head, or body, or head and body to use existing characters that have been created from the original Dusk.

Killer render there Laurie. Very handsome in my view what you've come up with.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely renders everyone!
You're welcome. I'm still in the very basics with DS, so I haven't tried out any of it's fitting features yet. By manually converting it do you mean opening it up in a modeling program?:eek:
My work flow is like this. I load the item but don't fit it to the character(Dawn or Dusk). I then use the translation dials to position it in place as Dawn and Dusk are slightly forward compared to other figures. I lower the mesh resolution and then send both the character and the clothing to zbrush. I normally use the move or move topological brush to move things into the right spot(symmetry on for most of this). Sometimes I use the move or rotate tool but for many things move does most of what you need. Before sending it back to DS I zero the clothing translation dials. Then I send it back to DS as a morph and call it something like DawnFix. Dial in the morph and then fit it to Dawn in the parameters tab. This will cause autofit to pop up. As the clothing is now the right shape I don't change the default on the top box, choose a projection template to suit the clothing and then click ok.
You sometimes need to fiddle around but that seems to work for most things. By using the original clothing figure you retain the morphs. I then save it as a figure/prop asset, I have a folder called converted clothing and I normally duplicate the mats and presets for it in the same folder.

Very rough description there but if you want to know more let me know and we could maybe start a thread in the DS forum for anyone who's interested in giving it a go. I did two outfits last weekend and I didn't actually spend a lot of time on the computer.