• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
It is a complex shader, well it is to me but then most are and the downside is it does slow the render down. I understand little of how it works but I do know where to plug in the colour and transparency maps but that is just a question of looking for the nodes with image maps marked as none so hardly difficult. Other than that I know it uses two anistotropicBsdf nodes to give highlight to the hair which very few, if any other hair shaders are able to create. For me the extra render time is well worth the sheen given to the hair and given the right hair it looks stunning, not quite photo-realistic, but for given Posers limitations it is a big step in that direction.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One more bunny suit appreciation pic. I have modeled the 3D neon sign just for fun. This is Dawn wearing my "Classic Bunny Suit". Body shape is my original, upcoming Type-11. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

BunnyLove3_1200.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The one good thing about a story line coming to a full stop in your head is that you have time to play with stuff that has lurked in your runtimes, unused for so long.

This is hair is Hr-206 by Ali but I also played around with Winter Glitter for Superfly by PHD which I purchased here at Hivewire 3D some time ago. Now I know how easy it is to get such good results I will be using it a lot more.

Party Time 206 HW style.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This is hair is Hr-206 by Ali but I also played around with Winter Glitter for Superfly by PHD which I purchased here at Hivewire 3D some time ago. Now I know how easy it is to get such good results I will be using it a lot more.
Just as a clarification Hornet, you used the Winter Glitter on the hair? Hmmmm, if so, I never would've thought of using that sort of shader on hair. Interesting.

BTW, I picked up Hr-206 not long ago, but haven't had a chance to play with it. Looks good, as do the hairs you put together for the first render. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Just as a clarification Hornet, you used the Winter Glitter on the hair? Hmmmm, if so, I never would've thought of using that sort of shader on hair. Interesting.

BTW, I picked up Hr-206 not long ago, but haven't had a chance to play with it. Looks good, as do the hairs you put together for the first render. :)

No I did not explain myself very well, while I was trying out new hair I used the time to also try out some new materials. The hair shader on the mix and match was the default shader that came with the hair, for some reason the default shader for HR-206 looked a little flat so I changed that out with BagginsBill's hair shader.

The Winter Glitter is used on the dress and on rose in the HR-206 render, so that is the top of the dress, a different base and colour for the band of the skirt and another variation on the rose and leaves. Mind you you have made me think now it the glitter could be used on the hair, I kight just have to have another play.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No I did not explain myself very well, while I was trying out new hair I used the time to also try out some new materials. The hair shader on the mix and match was the default shader that came with the hair, for some reason the default shader for HR-206 looked a little flat so I changed that out with BagginsBill's hair shader.

The Winter Glitter is used on the dress and on rose in the HR-206 render, so that is the top of the dress, a different base and colour for the band of the skirt and another variation on the rose and leaves. Mind you you have made me think now it the glitter could be used on the hair, I kight just have to have another play.
Ahhhh, after I posted that query, I sat there wondering if you had meant the dress. It looks nice on the dress, that's for sure.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

I love all the hair by Ali, I have alot of them on my wishlist. Looking at your images really makes me think that I should use Daz more. They look awesome!

Hornet3d

Wise
I love all the hair by Ali, I have alot of them on my wishlist. Looking at your images really makes me think that I should use Daz more. They look awesome!

As you can see I am a great fan too, I have all the ones that I think would look right on my character and a few more besides, so really only missing those I do not think I would use.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ahhhh, after I posted that query, I sat there wondering if you had meant the dress. It looks nice on the dress, that's for sure.

I purchased the Winter Glitter pack way back in February 2018 and had a play at the time but I had mixed results. Often when I am building a scene I usually have some materials in mind so I do not go looking for alternatives unless my first choices do not work. I was just playing with ideas and the dress in question loaded without a texture which I guess I have but I went looking for something to use and came across the Winter Glitter pack. This time around it all fell into place (it helps if you read the notes on something new, I didn't initially, but I guess that is a man thing). I really liked how the dress turned out and has me thinking where else the glitter pack can be used.