• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
WOW, that is great.

Thanks, Hornet3d! I've first tried this with Superfly, but the noise would never clear, so I've switched to Octane, and boom - rendered in 8 minutes. :)

WOW, that's some wine glass! ;)

Thanks! It's a morphable glass I made for a Halloween pic last year. It can morph into a variety of glass shapes. For some reason, I like to put Dawn inside. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks! It's a morphable glass I made for a Halloween pic last year. It can morph into a variety of glass shapes. For some reason, I like to put Dawn inside. ^^
Oh I can see that for sure. I've just not seen a morphed glass before. Years ago I modeled a bunch of glasses in different shapes, but never thought of making one that can be morphed. I guess because I always considered them props, and back then I didn't know enough about creating morphs, except for characters. Hmmm, I may have to try this out one day. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh I can see that for sure. I've just not seen a morphed glass before. Years ago I modeled a bunch of glasses in different shapes, but never thought of making one that can be morphed. I guess because I always considered them props, and back then I didn't know enough about creating morphs, except for characters. Hmmm, I may have to try this out one day. ;)

The thing about glasses is that they are typically modeled with a lathe modifier. At least in 3DSMAX, the modifiers can be stacked in a non-destructive manner. This is great for creating multiple shape variants of the same object while the dynamic modifiers are still active in the stack. All I have to do is to export each shape as a morph target, which can be later loaded in Poser over the base object. That's how this morphing glass came to be. ^__^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Fanart of Youko Littner from the Lagann Gurren TV series. Done with Dawn + Body Type-2 + custom tweaks + Willow, rendered in Poser with Superfly.

YoukoLittnerV_1200.jpg

Michele

Eager
I got around to playing with dials today and ended up with a mature woman character and a tween/young teen. Liked how they turned out so thought I'd post them over here too:

Iray render for this one. I don't do iray much because my machine is old and renders take forever, which means I'm not so great at lighting and this one has a lot of graininess. But I still liked it. :)

3DL and a bit of postwork, obviously.