• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d: Indeed, it usually helps to use extra frames to let the cloth settle after reaching the final pose. I tend let it settle for at least 30-60 frames after the final pose, depending on the outfit. It also helps to put the hips in the initial pose in the same rotation and translation as in the final, which helps reducing the time it takes to settle in the end. ^^

Oh yes Hornet! The skirt is flowing much nicer now. ;)

Thanks Ken, I am fairly new to dynamics and any tips are more than welcome most of my efforts so far have been the result of reading a bit and masses of trial and error.

Thanks Miss B, it is small steps but if they are in the right directions it pushes me on to continue to play. I have given up on dynamics a few times in the past but this time I am getting results that please me. I can at least see the potential even if I can't quite get there each time.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know what you mean. Until the last few months of last year, I refused to go near dynamics, but I'm not against it now. I also have some of Dawn's lovely outfits, though I can't recall if that lovely dress is one of them.

The few times I've played with dynamics, I let it run for about 60 frames, which seems like a long time, but I go do something else while it's working, and yes that extra time does help to settle things more.

Hornet3d

Wise
I know what you mean. Until the last few months of last year, I refused to go near dynamics, but I'm not against it now. I also have some of Dawn's lovely outfits, though I can't recall if that lovely dress is one of them.

The few times I've played with dynamics, I let it run for about 60 frames, which seems like a long time, but I go do something else while it's working, and yes that extra time does help to settle things more.

Whenever I have tried dynamics before it has only been with V4. My renewed interest was when I started to use Dawn SE and the superb clothing on sale here by Lully. I don't know if it was the clothes, Dawn SE or changes in Poser but all of a sudden dynamics worked for me. That is not to say they looked great straight off but the clothes showed potential rather than the mass of strange shapes that were the usual result. I still have a great deal to learn as I don't even have a full grasp of the basics but even now I am trying poses that I would not have attempted with conforming clothes.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hornet, that is a lovely render.
I love that dress!

I try the cloth room more now but if I were to try that many frames it would take a week to render....lol.
It is usually Lully's dynamics I try with.

I need an updated machine with 16 to 24 gb of ram, mine only had 8 gb of ram.
But it has slowed down and I need to find the cause so I can get busy again.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, that is a lovely render.
I love that dress!

I try the cloth room more now but if I were to try that many frames it would take a week to render....lol.
It is usually Lully's dynamics I try with.

I need an updated machine with 16 to 24 gb of ram, mine only had 8 gb of ram.
But it has slowed down and I need to find the cause so I can get busy again.

Thank you , I love the dress too but then I am a fan of anything Lully produces. I was surprised as once I got the set up right, which took hours the simulation and subsequent render took less that an hour. It the all the trials in trying to get it anywhere near right that took the time. Mind you I am lucky enough to have built a machine with Poser in mind and it has plenty of RAM.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thinking of those occasional nights that are so good, and exhausting, that the sofa is a fair substitute when the bedroom seems so far away.

Just too tired j.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
DawnSE in Superfly with EZSkin3
View attachment 2933

Stunning render, even more so because it is Superfly render. I think this is the first Superfly render I have seen of a figure with a convincing skin tones. I have seen some Superfly renders with realistic reflections and metals but the figures have always seem to be missing something, for me at least.