• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@sanbie: Thank you! I suspect we can't sell morphs created from combinations of other morphs, right? To sell, we must create the shape ourselves. ^^

@Pendraia: Thanks Pen! Dawn has a lot of potential. :)

@Alisa: Thank you! Any news from Lyrra? Please email me if there is an update. ^^

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Great stuff peeps, here is a quick one I was messing around with atmospherics

Cheers

Jon

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d: Thank you! I have used a similar face on my ~China Blaze~ outfit promo images. ^^

@jonrea: Great job! Is this a Poser render? Poser has this "hidden" checkbox that enables atmospheric haze that very few actually use or even know about. :D

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
@jonrea: Great job! Is this a Poser render? Poser has this "hidden" checkbox that enables atmospheric haze that very few actually use or even know about. :D

Ken, yes I occasionally mess around with the Poser atmospherics to varying degrees of success :) DepthCue can be very useful sometimes too.

Cheers

Jon

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just recently read about the atmospherics in Poser. I've always used it in Bryce, but never would've known it existed in Poser.

Nice render Jon. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nice Hornet. The deep red of her dress really stands out nicely against the marble of the floor, and the light grey color of he bricks on the walls and columns.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I did not know that...You can with V4 I am sure...

I think this might be a general rule, no matter what figure is involved. But I could be wrong - I am *assuming* we cannot sell if we didn't create the shape ourselves. I assume the same for modeling new outfits - I don't use any parts of Dawn or Dusk to create them. I model everything from scratch. It would be easier to just copy parts of the figures, since they are already in the correct shape, but I think that is not allowed with any figure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I believe you're correct Ken, unless something is a Merchant Resource, which you CAN use to create your own products for sale.

That said, I have seen V4 character packs that "require" you have her morphs++ pack to get the desired results. Perhaps that's what Sanbie is referring to, but I don't believe the morphs from that pack can be included in the new character's morph pack. You just need to have that pack installed for them to work as intended.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Nice image Hornet :)

As for character morphs - As Miss B is saying, you can not include 3rd party morphs unless they are a MR (and then, of course, you must follow whatever the instructions of the MR are. If your character uses 3rd party morphs that are not part of an MR, that pack MUST be required to have your product work correctly. The customer would have to own them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I remember seeing some V4 "character morphs" that were actually presets over morphs++. That seems to be allowed, since it pushes sales from other vendor's products as well, but since this face has mixed morphs from several other vendors, requiring all of them would be rather impractical. I have also hacked the 3DU Willow CR2 to extract only the head part, so as a preset, this would only work with my runtime.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d: Indeed, it usually helps to use extra frames to let the cloth settle after reaching the final pose. I tend let it settle for at least 30-60 frames after the final pose, depending on the outfit. It also helps to put the hips in the initial pose in the same rotation and translation as in the final, which helps reducing the time it takes to settle in the end. ^^