• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Me195

Extraordinary
I want to hit the like button on all of these more than once, but it doesn't have the desired effect.

Awwww cute wittle kitty. Lovely render.

Quick portrait

Sunshine

Cheers

Jon

Great render, I love her facial expression.

In the Dojo

Cheers

Jon

Excellent render all around. That is a great stance, and I love the focused look on her face. Great choice of angle and perspective too.

So I have continued to work on the Woodland Outfit and there has been a few changes. The biggest problem I had was trying to find a bow I could use that would allow the chord to be tensioned. I have some great bows that don't seem to be able to adjust the tension at all so can only be used in carry poses and others that have the arrow included as part of the bow. OK I can make the arrow invisible but the the bow is tensioned. Another bow had a tension morph but while the center point goes back, the top just creates sags. As I want the option to use this in a story line I want to be able to use a variety of poses

In the end I ended up with the bow from the V4 Ranger Outfit from 3D Universal.

View attachment 32447

Main outfit is of course Woodland Outfit by NGArtplay.
The Boots are from the Pachi for Dawn outfit by NightPhoenix.
Pose is from Archery Poses by Artsorcery.

That's an outstanding render. You've made quite the awesome fantasy look for the character. I love how the characters in your renders have so much life to them.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's an outstanding render. You've made quite the awesome fantasy look for the character. I love how the characters in your renders have so much life to them.

Thank you for your comments. I love kitbashing and the Woodland Outfit is so easy to change the look to anything medieval, fantasy or sci-fi, any genre really. I t is very good for mixing and matching as there are so many different parts of the outfit. Another one I like playing with is Scifi scavenger for Dawn by Glitterati3D, again due to there being a lot of parts, which is quite common for Glitterati outfits.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hope she's just messin' around on a trampoline. That's a fantastic render. The dynamics and the twin tails look amazing. I really like the lighting; it makes the skin look awesome.
Thanks, its mainly from the HDRi with a rim light to highlight her face more (the HDRi is from "Planet X-2" if you're interested). And I have a Skin Shader I absolutely love (JM HumanShader for Iray), its great for most characters (I even use the eye settings for animals).

English Bob

Adventurous
The definition of a hobby: an activity where you don't mind if the work to be done spirals out of control. :)
Dawn 60s.png

It all started with a mistake, as many projects do. I bought @Art_of_Mind 's Go Go Boots, not realising that they were for DAZ Studio only. My bad, I should have checked before buying. Unusually, the download included an OBJ file. I do have Dimension3D's DSF Toolbox, but having an OBJ makes the conversion simpler - relatively speaking, anyway. ;) As you can see, I eventually made them work well enough to create a render from, at least.

The rest of the assets used are:
  • Dawn SE, of course; I used her skin textures, processed in @Snarlygribbly's EZSkin3, and added a little extra pink to her lips. Her face is a blend of the three SE faces.
  • Ali's Hr-120 hair, using Hair Colours Creator by abacus3d: HAIR Colours CREATOR - Poser - Poser - ShareCG.
    However I had to edit the hair geometry to create a new material zone for scalp since HCC only works on the strands - yes, more work for me!
  • The skirt and top is from @esha's Dynamic Wardrobe 2, which was relatively easy to use; although I did experiment with the morphs, and tried a few combinations in the cloth room to get the best fit.
  • Her tights are bagginsbill's stocking and leg shader applied to her legs. This used to be a freebie attached to a Renderosity forum thread, but an update broke the attachments. As far as I know it isn't available anywhere else. :(
  • The necklace is by Whimsysmiles: Dynamic Jewelry - Bigbeads - it wasn't made to fit Dawn, but the cloth room laughs in the face of obstacles like that. :D
  • The pearl bracelet came with PhilC's Persephone Dress: Persephone Dress for Dawn - Poser - ShareCG. I copied the material from the necklace stones.
  • The pose was originally one of those which came with Alexis, but I tweaked it. I tweak everything. ;)
All rendered in Poser 11 using IDL lighting and bagginsbill's environment sphere.

Remember, it's great fun if you don't weaken. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hornet, you might want to check in your Runtime. Traveler put out a bow and arrow set long ago for his Native American for M4 that was a freebie. Very nice bow that can be posed, pulled and generally used as a bow should be. In my runtime it's called Native Bow and Arrow. But, I tend to rename everything so I can find it, so that may not be the original name....oooops.

At any rate it was part of the RDNA Props Club if that's a hint that might help.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, you might want to check in your Runtime. Traveler put out a bow and arrow set long ago for his Native American for M4 that was a freebie. Very nice bow that can be posed, pulled and generally used as a bow should be. In my runtime it's called Native Bow and Arrow. But, I tend to rename everything so I can find it, so that may not be the original name....oooops.

At any rate it was part of the RDNA Props Club if that's a hint that might help.

Thank you for that I will have a look but I am not sure I have it as I did a lot of searching and while I came up with a lot of bows I was surprised at just how many did not 'work'. At one point I almost gave up and changed it to a cross bow, not sure if I have crossbows that work but the fact that they do not is not quite as obvious.

Hornet3d

Wise
The definition of a hobby: an activity where you don't mind if the work to be done spirals out of control. :)
View attachment 32568
It all started with a mistake, as many projects do. I bought @Art_of_Mind 's Go Go Boots, not realising that they were for DAZ Studio only. My bad, I should have checked before buying. Unusually, the download included an OBJ file. I do have Dimension3D's DSF Toolbox, but having an OBJ makes the conversion simpler - relatively speaking, anyway. ;) As you can see, I eventually made them work well enough to create a render from, at least.

• Dawn SE, of course; I used her skin textures, processed in @Snarlygribbly's EZSkin3, and added a little extra pink to her lips. Her face is a blend of the three SE faces.
  • Ali's Hr-120 hair, using Hair Colours Creator by abacus3d: HAIR Colours CREATOR - Poser - Poser - ShareCG.
    However I had to edit the hair geometry to create a new material zone for scalp since HCC only works on the strands - yes, more work for me!
  • The skirt and top is from @esha's Dynamic Wardrobe 2, which was relatively easy to use; although I did experiment with the morphs, and tried a few combinations in the cloth room to get the best fit.
  • Her tights are bagginsbill's stocking and leg shader applied to her legs. This used to be a freebie attached to a Renderosity forum thread, but an update broke the attachments. As far as I know it isn't available anywhere else. :(
  • The necklace is by Whimsysmiles: Dynamic Jewelry - Bigbeads - it wasn't made to fit Dawn, but the cloth room laughs in the face of obstacles like that. :D
  • The pearl bracelet came with PhilC's Persephone Dress: Persephone Dress for Dawn - Poser - ShareCG. I copied the material from the necklace stones.
  • The pose was originally one of those which came with Alexis, but I tweaked it. I tweak everything. ;)
All rendered in Poser 11 using IDL lighting and bagginsbill's environment sphere.

That looks really good, strange isn't at just how rare renders of everyday outfits actually are. Oh and regards buying the Go Go boots and not realising they were Poser only, well you are not alone but some of us don't have such skills so the download remains...well downloaded.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Lost in translations! :D

This is Dawn with Ayane Doll's head, wearing my Cheongsam dress and jewelry from my Laced Sundress. Beautiful dress texture is from the Hong Kong for Cheongsam Dress by AetherDream. Rendered in Poser will good'old Firefly.

LostInTranslation_1024.jpg

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
View attachment 32568

Hey that looks great! Sorry you bought my DS product by mistake, glad you got it to work. I had someone working on a conversion for the store but I don't know when it will be finished.

Hornet3d

Wise
Lost in translations! :D

This is Dawn with Ayane Doll's head, wearing my Cheongsam dress and jewelry from my Laced Sundress. Beautiful dress texture is from the Hong Kong for Cheongsam Dress by AetherDream. Rendered in Poser will good'old Firefly.

View attachment 32579

I understand why it is there but it does not really need the question mark as the expression is fantastic.

English Bob

Adventurous
That looks really good, strange isn't at just how rare renders of everyday outfits actually are.

Thanks! Most artists using Poser or DAZ are looking for escapism, I think, which is why there are so many pin-up / fantasy / sci-fi outfits, and renders of them. I like to make pictures of 'ordinary people in extraordinary situations' so I prefer everyday clothes.

Oh and regards buying the Go Go boots and not realising they were Poser only, well you are not alone but some of us don't have such skills so the download remains...well downloaded.

The store is under no obligation to refund when it's my own stupid fault, of course, although I like to think they might have taken pity on me... :) I decided to hang onto the product anyway, thinking that I could at least do something with it; and apparently, I could!

Hey that looks great! Sorry you bought my DS product by mistake, glad you got it to work.

Thanks, and no problem. It was entirely my fault. :)

I had someone working on a conversion for the store but I don't know when it will be finished.

If I had been able to make a store-quality conversion I would have offered it to you, but unfortunately I can't get it good enough. I don't have Poser Pro, so I can't make or modify weight maps. The morph brush is fine for my own use.

Hornet3d

Wise
The store is under no obligation to refund when it's my own stupid fault, of course, although I like to think they might have taken pity on me... :) I decided to hang onto the product anyway, thinking that I could at least do something with it; and apparently, I could!

I totally agree, it was purely my mistake and I did not ask for a refund on the basis I may be able to use it in the future and, if not, the money had gone to a good cause - Hivewire3D.