• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The cat look so cute in that render, Lyne! They are SO afraid of water! Haha

This is a scifi render (Poser Superfly) I did with Dawn and the upcoming CKV-01 outfit.

RoughLanding_1080.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If I don't get into the bathroom fast enough, Tsuki curls up in the sink ... and stares at me reproachfully until I turn on the water for her.

Seriously ... I have 2 legs, she has 4. Of course, she's going to get where we are going faster than I can!

quietrob

Extraordinary
If I don't get into the bathroom fast enough, Tsuki curls up in the sink ... and stares at me reproachfully until I turn on the water for her.

Seriously ... I have 2 legs, she has 4. Of course, she's going to get where we are going faster than I can!
The answer is simple. You have to train her to turn on the water. If you can train a man to leave the seat down (A very unnatural act) then you can train a cat to turn on the water.
You know, I thought cats hated water!

Me195

Extraordinary
Thank you for your comments. I love kitbashing and the Woodland Outfit is so easy to change the look to anything medieval, fantasy or sci-fi, any genre really. I t is very good for mixing and matching as there are so many different parts of the outfit. Another one I like playing with is Scifi scavenger for Dawn by Glitterati3D, again due to there being a lot of parts, which is quite common for Glitterati outfits.

You're welcome. I love kitbashing too. It's become my favorite part of 3d art.

Thanks, its mainly from the HDRi with a rim light to highlight her face more (the HDRi is from "Planet X-2" if you're interested). And I have a Skin Shader I absolutely love (JM HumanShader for Iray), its great for most characters (I even use the eye settings for animals).

You're welcome. Thank you for the info. I will definitely look both of those up.

thank you!

You're welcome.

Me195

Extraordinary
The definition of a hobby: an activity where you don't mind if the work to be done spirals out of control. :)
View attachment 32568
It all started with a mistake, as many projects do. I bought @Art_of_Mind 's Go Go Boots, not realising that they were for DAZ Studio only. My bad, I should have checked before buying. Unusually, the download included an OBJ file. I do have Dimension3D's DSF Toolbox, but having an OBJ makes the conversion simpler - relatively speaking, anyway. ;) As you can see, I eventually made them work well enough to create a render from, at least.

The rest of the assets used are:
  • Dawn SE, of course; I used her skin textures, processed in @Snarlygribbly's EZSkin3, and added a little extra pink to her lips. Her face is a blend of the three SE faces.
  • Ali's Hr-120 hair, using Hair Colours Creator by abacus3d: HAIR Colours CREATOR - Poser - Poser - ShareCG.
    However I had to edit the hair geometry to create a new material zone for scalp since HCC only works on the strands - yes, more work for me!
  • The skirt and top is from @esha's Dynamic Wardrobe 2, which was relatively easy to use; although I did experiment with the morphs, and tried a few combinations in the cloth room to get the best fit.
  • Her tights are bagginsbill's stocking and leg shader applied to her legs. This used to be a freebie attached to a Renderosity forum thread, but an update broke the attachments. As far as I know it isn't available anywhere else. :(
  • The necklace is by Whimsysmiles: Dynamic Jewelry - Bigbeads - it wasn't made to fit Dawn, but the cloth room laughs in the face of obstacles like that. :D
  • The pearl bracelet came with PhilC's Persephone Dress: Persephone Dress for Dawn - Poser - ShareCG. I copied the material from the necklace stones.
  • The pose was originally one of those which came with Alexis, but I tweaked it. I tweak everything. ;)
All rendered in Poser 11 using IDL lighting and bagginsbill's environment sphere.

Remember, it's great fun if you don't weaken. :)

You have an excellent render to show for your perseverance.

Lost in translations! :D

This is Dawn with Ayane Doll's head, wearing my Cheongsam dress and jewelry from my Laced Sundress. Beautiful dress texture is from the Hong Kong for Cheongsam Dress by AetherDream. Rendered in Poser will good'old Firefly.

View attachment 32579

Cute character, very expressive. I love the render.

You can lead a cat to water, but try to make them drink at your peril. That is an absolutely beautiful render Lyne.

The cat look so cute in that render, Lyne! They are SO afraid of water! Haha

This is a scifi render (Poser Superfly) I did with Dawn and the upcoming CKV-01 outfit.

View attachment 32721

That is an awesome sci-fi render. The CKV-01 outfit looks amazing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wouldn't worry. Leopards are pretty fast on their feet. Maybe not as fast as a cheetah, but pretty fast in any case. ;)