• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I occasionally think that when I see some of the stunning renders here but on other occasions I look at the work I was doing when I first started and what I am producing now. Trying to be objective about it I know my renders are a far cry from most of the renders here but they are equally a far cry from what I used to produce. I have playing now for 17 years, first with D/S and in the last 12 or so with Poser and I am still learning. The renders here give me a something to aim for and, while I may never get to those dizzy heights, as long as I am moving in that direction I am happy to keep playing and uploading.

No I was joking about giving up.
Just trying to show respect to the superior artists with one post. A bunch of mind blowing renders were posted so fast. Great work everyone!

Hornet3d

Wise
Just trying to show respect to the superior artists with one post. A bunch of mind blowing renders were posted so fast. Great work everyone!

I guessed that your comment was said very much 'tongue in cheek' but it did raise a valid point and I would hate to think anyone was put off uploading any of their renders ( I am not suggesting you in saying that). I love to see fantastic renders here and I am certainly in awe of many artist that upload but I am interested in what everyone is doing Dawn so I was just trying to say, badly probably, that we all had to start somewhere. For every artist here for whom art comes somewhat naturally there are a many more for who, while it fun, it is also hard work.

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist

Please do not consider yourself an inferior artist, art is totally subjective and I for one love your work and as well as a lot of the other pieces of art that are submitted here. I always think of this forum as a welcoming place where people of all levels from beginner to hardened pro's can share. It puts some other forums to shame, the love and respect that we share here.

Jon

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Please do not consider yourself an inferior artist, art is totally subjective and I for one love your work as well as a lot of the other pieces of art that are submitted here. I always think of this forum as a welcoming place where people of all levels from beginner to hardened pro's can share. It puts some other forums to shame, the love and respect that we share here.

Jon

Said so much better than me and in fewer words:).

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well said Jon...

There certainly are some mighty fine pics in this thread, almost to the point of putting me off posting a pic :)
So here's one from me. I did say almost.....
Dawn after using EZSkin3, wearing her tank top with goth shorts from Poserworld. EZDome for the lighting and background. Straight render using DOF and motion blur from Poser11Pro. Only going to PSP for the Superfly logo and sig, and IrfanView to jpg it for the web. Enjoy! :)
Can't remember if I said it but in case I haven't...Welcome to the hive Raven! Lovely first post and I hope we see more of your renders...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
CAITLIN. It's ages since I've tried a portrait so here's Dawn in Irish mode.

Dawn Portrait #1.jpg

Dawn by Hivewire3D. Aine Textures by Satira Capriccio. Bibi Hair by Biscuits. Last Fantasy Dynamic Top by Sato Kaiba. Environment & Skydome from Habitat Extender 1 by Ken Gilliland.

Me195

Extraordinary

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Raven. A very nice first render indeed. :)