• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Thinks, should she go straight back to her quarters or make a surprise visit on a certain person.

Indesision HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh definitely make the visit. He'll appreciate she's there, even if he's not conscious yet. :)

Me195

Extraordinary
Studio Dawn. One of default makeups DawnSE.
View attachment 22807

Excellent render phdubrov. It looks fantastic and shows me what to shoot for in Superfly.

Beautiful portrait, phdubrov! Is it 3DL or iRay?

This is Dawn + my "Universal Anime Head" + my stylized body type + my keyhole top + my jeans for Dawn + my Animal Anime Pack + HW kitten. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 22808

Looks great Ken. Your characters are always imaginative, interesting, and never boring. I love the blending of realism and fantasy in your Superfly renders.

Thinks, should she go straight back to her quarters or make a surprise visit on a certain person.

View attachment 22837

I love your sci-fi renders. Storytelling like this is the reason I started using poser in the first place. I like every part of this render from the well constructed scene to the small details in the pose work and facial expressions that convey your story well.

Fantastic renders one and all @Hornet3d Love the SiFi theme and outfit!

Won't You Call Me Sweetheart!

View attachment 22874

Products Used:
Sora for Dawn, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Sweetheart textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips JoJo Bear by Netherworks, RDNA Heart Scatter.

Lovely render NapalmArsenal. You've definitely captured the spirit of valentine's day. I admire your artistic ability and talent.

Wonderful render Dakorillon. After seeing it in your I render I can see how the pony she named wildfire busted down it's stall. I thought this render was powerfully emotional before I understood the inspiration. Now that I know the song I'm even more thoroughly impressed with how you captured the feeling of that song in a single image.

Great work Hornet, Napalm, Dak

another quick one by me, this time in Superfly.

Call it Gatekeeper..

Cheers

Jon

I can't tell if she's telling me to go ahead on in, or go ahead and try to go in. I just don't want to make her mad. That's an outstanding render you got there. I really like how you've made dawn your own. I also think the wings of despair look good on dawn. Very creative as usual.

Hornet3d

Wise
Excellent render phdubrov. It looks fantastic and shows me what to shoot for in Superfly.

I love your sci-fi renders. Storytelling like this is the reason I started using poser in the first place. I like every part of this render from the well constructed scene to the small details in the pose work and facial expressions that convey your story.

Thanks for the feedback. The scene in question in Level 1 by shawnaloroc (I am a real sucker when it comes to glowing display units) so I take no credit for that. The same can be said for the pilot suit which is from Simon3D (although I did tweak the materials in this case), so it could be just a case of plonking Dawn in the scene and pressing the render button. I think it took me about three hours from start to finish and the biggest part of that trying to use Dawn to the full. For me the big plus in using Dawn is that there are so many morphs available to get the expression just right and I can spend vast amounts of time tweaking the expression dials by the smallest of amounts. Whether I succeed in getting the expression I want is another matter but I do know the expression can add so much to a render. Just raising one eyebrow can change an expression markedly and the difference between a look of rage and one of sexuality or sweetness is only a wheel tweak away where Dawn is concerned.

Close to the expression I think is the hand gestures, a Dawn with a relaxed hand playing with her hair adds to an expression of indecision or nervousness. Which moves on the another plus with Dawn as the hands work so well so Dawn can be shown gripping a rail if one is close or selecting an area on a touch screen. I even love the was Dawn's feet are set up so a figure can be shown with open toe foot ware without the toes either hanging off one side or some being buried in the sole of the shoe.

All of this makes me a 2d chef rather than an artist, I take the ingredients made by others and try and come up with a picture I have in my head. Thankfully there are some great sci-fi scenes that allow me to use a stunning, and flexible, Poser/DS figure to, hopefully, portray an emotion or create one in the viewer. If I fail, who looses, certainly not me, I'm having great fun.