• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Just purchased the lovely Nocturna by Aura Shari from here so I thought I would have a play.

Night of the Blood Moon.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
@Me195 the first thing I did with China Blaze was to combine it with Face of Asia. ^^

That's a good idea. Face of Asia is on my Wishlist, but it's a notch or two below CatEyes. I'll get them both eventually.

From a different perspective.

View attachment 22448

Looks great. I love the innocent look on her face, and skin shader looks really really good in that lighting. Superb job all around.

Giokebox

Motivated
Willow for Dawn's feeling like an urban heroine wearing her new outfit, while her twin, Willow for G2F, has some reservations about it.
I have so few clothes for Dawn figure, so I considered Spirit Champion for Sora and Wild Spirit for Spirit Champion, both by Art of Mind, a very good addition for my andruntime and can be found here at Hivewire3D.
willow hivewire 4.jpg

It's not a classical render of Dawn, but I'm proud of it anyway.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, as some folks know, I've been trying to get a handle on lighting for rendering with SuperFly in PoserPro 11, and I think I'm finally getting there.

Originally I rendered this with High Quality and no SSS with only 8 Samples, but even though the lighting came out nice, her skin still looked a bit speckly, so I decided to try again with High Quality and SSS and 20 Samples, but I didn't let it run fully, because it probably would've taken 5 hours, and I don't like to tie up my laptop for that long. Maybe when I get a new one so I can use one for just rendering, and can do everything else on the other. We shall see.

This is Dawn with Fabiana's Oriana (at R'osity) character, Shelly's Basics 03 Short Sleeved Top and Leggings, and Fabiana's Leaf Life 2 Jewelry (both here at HW), Dawn's High Heel Shoes by DM (at R'osity), Bagginbill's EnvSphere, and a set of lights one of the guys on the SM Poser uploaded to ShareCG. I had to adjust 2 of the lights because one was too bright, and the other I wanted a drop brighter than it was by default.

Dawn-PP11-SF-2.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Willow for Dawn's feeling like an urban heroine wearing her new outfit, while her twin, Willow for G2F, has some reservations about it.
I have so few clothes for Dawn figure, so I considered Spirit Champion for Sora and Wild Spirit for Spirit Champion, both by Art of Mind, a very good addition for my andruntime and can be found here at Hivewire3D.View attachment 22520

It's not a classical render of Dawn, but I'm proud of it anyway.

You're right to be proud of it, I think is is a stunning render, lighting and materials are very good and I love the expressions.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, as some folks know, I've been trying to get a handle on lighting for rendering with SuperFly in PoserPro 11, and I think I'm finally getting there.

Originally I rendered this with High Quality and no SSS with only 8 Samples, but even though the lighting came out nice, her skin still looked a bit speckly, so I decided to try again with High Quality and SSS and 20 Samples, but I didn't let it run fully, because it probably would've taken 5 hours, and I don't like to tie up my laptop for that long. Maybe when I get a new one so I can use one for just rendering, and can do everything else on the other. We shall see.

This is Dawn with Fabiana's Oriana (at R'osity) character, Shelly's Basics 03 Short Sleeved Top and Leggings, and Fabiana's Leaf Life 2 Jewelry (both here at HW), Dawn's High Heel Shoes by DM (at R'osity), Bagginbill's EnvSphere, and a set of lights one of the guys on the SM Poser uploaded to ShareCG. I had to adjust 2 of the lights because one was too bright, and the other I wanted a drop brighter than it was by default.

View attachment 22523

On the basis of this I would say you have nailed it. I think this is the best figure render I have seen from Superfly to date, up to now I have not seen good skin tones. These are the sorts of renders that will have me reaching for my credit card for an upgrade.......Love the render.

Hornet3d

Wise
[QUOTE="Me195, post: 84815, member: 584"Looks great. I love the innocent look on her face, and skin shader looks really really good in that lighting. Superb job all around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the trouble to comment. The innocent look comes mostly by a little bit of trickery, when we see someone that we are attracted to the our eyes react by dilating the iris/pupil. In many cases we are responding to the same reaction in the person we are looking at so it can provoke a favorable reaction. Here I have played with the pupil and iris size to mimic this to a degree, the slight star burst in the eye tends to help as most of us like things that sparkle. The end result is, hopefully, is a tendency to like or feel at ease with the character, maybe not what you want from a Gothic scene but I love to play..

A lot of my renders are portraits and I am intrigued how very small tweaks in the face can produce a quite pronounced effect. Clearly the creators of the figure were aware of effects as the ability to change things like the size of the of the iris and pupil are built in but I often wonder just how many people ever spin dials like that. Part of my character is based upon Oriana by Fabiana which adds some interesting morphs, including some for the eye, which I use on a regular basis. The aim is usually not to change the figure to a different character but to change the expression or appearance of the character in question.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I love the American Flag Hijab!

Thanks. Like all good ideas I stole it ;) I saw a picture of a protester with a poster with a similar image, although it was in the red/blue Obama poster style. Anyway, I couldn't get it out of my head, and had to render one of my own.

Very well done. I think the lighting is a big key. I've worked on renders in Superfly where I tried kept upping the render settings, before realizing that the lighting was what was making all the difference on the skin. I really need to sit down and learn more about HDRI since I understand that works very well with Superfly.

A lot of my renders are portraits and I am intrigued how very small tweaks in the face can produce a quite pronounced effect. Clearly the creators of the figure were aware of effects as the ability to change things like the size of the of the iris and pupil are built in but I often wonder just how many people ever spin dials like that.

I agree, whole heartedly that those little tweaks can make all the difference, and I know the eye settings you are talking about. I don't use them nearly as often as I should. Very well done.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
On the basis of this I would say you have nailed it. I think this is the best figure render I have seen from Superfly to date, up to now I have not seen good skin tones. These are the sorts of renders that will have me reaching for my credit card for an upgrade.......Love the render.
Thanks muchly Hornet. I should've mentioned I run Dawn through EZSkin3 before rendering, though for some reason her eyes always come out stark white, as if she was a zombie or something, so I always have to reapply her eye textures.

That said, this is by far NOT a final render. I should've let it run full, but that would've taken about 5 hours, so didn't want to tie up my laptop for that long, and this poor puppy might not make it through an overnight render. I so need a new laptop. ~sigh~ Then maybe I can do those kinds of renders.

Very well done. I think the lighting is a big key. I've worked on renders in Superfly where I tried kept upping the render settings, before realizing that the lighting was what was making all the difference on the skin. I really need to sit down and learn more about HDRI since I understand that works very well with Superfly.
Thanks GG. I'm still playing with HDRi, though I have to admit I didn't use one this time, as I find it hard to pick just which one would be the best. I have downloaded a whole bunch, but I'm having a hard time selecting the correct one for specific renders. I think a lot of them would work best for outdoor scenes, whereas, not all of them are the type you would use for a portrait render. I'm still playing a guessing game where that's concerned.