• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL!!! Yep, definitely can do sexy without nudity. Lovely stuff!!

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
If it's all nude you got nothing left for your imagination, so yes, clothed is more sexy. ;) hehe

Hornet3d

Wise
LOL, Chris. Just goes to show, you can do sexy without nudity.

Heck, I was always taught that it was appropriate to leave most to the imagination!

LOL!!! Yep, definitely can do sexy without nudity. Lovely stuff!!

If it's all nude you got nothing left for your imagination, so yes, clothed is more sexy. ;) hehe

I'm with all of you on this, I think that suggestive is far more sexy than nudity as this render proves.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Nice work Ken. Love the extreme scaling of the hands and feet for a unique look.

Thanks, Chris! It's in the extremes that we test the figure versatility. ^^

Still doing the superfly struggle. Both Dawn and Dusk are sporting Ken's China Blaze from contentparadise.

I am also kind of struggling with Superfly, but I am starting to get the hang of it. On one hand the low speed frustrates me comparing to Octane, but one the other, it's much easier to handle materials since it accepts Poser native shaders. ^^

Hey it's nice to see China Blaze renders here at HW. I made tons of materials for that package. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Great renders all. I would type something for all of them, but my finger is tired from clicking the like button so many times. There is a lot of great stuff on this site.

This is my latest. Still doing the superfly struggle. Both Dawn and Dusk are sporting Ken's China Blaze from contentparadise.

View media item 2711

You're right about the renders, there is such a variety and all of fantastic quality. That is what I find so frustrating with people stating Dawn does not work in Poser, this thread shows that, whatever your choice of genre, she does something few mainstream new figures do and that is play nicely in both Poser and DS.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I am also kind of struggling with Superfly, but I am starting to get the hang of it. On one hand the low speed frustrates me comparing to Octane, but one the other, it's much easier to handle materials since it accepts Poser native shaders. ^^
I'm still struggling with SuperFly as well. Sometimes it's "decent", and sometimes it's just plain awful. ~shakes head~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm still struggling with SuperFly as well. Sometimes it's "decent", and sometimes it's just plain awful. ~shakes head~

One thing that bothers me is that NVidia still haven't addressed the incompatibility bug that causes Path Branching in Cycles to crash Windows. Note that it doesn't crash Poser, or Cycles - it leads to a BSOD because it crashes the video card driver. It has been over a YEAR now and I still can use Path Branching with Superfly, and Blender3D users have waited even longer with Cycles. With Path Branching enabled in GPU mode, my renders take seconds instead of minutes, but I can't turn it on. It's an Nvidia driver incompatibility with Cycles, so only NVidia can fix it, but they haven't shown any signs that they are even trying.

Two other things I terribly miss in Cycles/Superfly are shadow casters and micro-poly displacement. Even old Firefly supports both, so it's a shame that Cycles doesn't. At least I know it's coming eventually. It's just a matter of time.
Yes but think how much you are learning and how much you will be able to help me when I finally upgrade :happydance:.

SMS has done a great job integrating Cycles with Poser. Not only the materials are compatible, but Superfly can also reuse regular lights straight from Poser. Can't do either with Octane. I find myself using EZDome in nearly all my SF renders nowadays, though the lack of a shadow caster is a bummer for HDRI rendering.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've noticed most of the recent tries in SuperFly have my character floating in the air, even though she's standing on the ground.

You know, I thought I remembered seeing someone talking about shadow catching on the SM Poser forum, but I don't recall if it was for SuperFly renders in particular. I may have to go hunting for it at some point.

Me195

Extraordinary
Thanks, Chris! It's in the extremes that we test the figure versatility. ^^

Hey it's nice to see China Blaze renders here at HW. I made tons of materials for that package. :)

Lol, you call that struggling?:) I can definitely tell you're getting the hang of it. My problem is that my instinct of where to focus my efforts in poser is poor. Back in 99 when I started using poser I focused all of my attention on animation. I am or at least I was a great animator, but that's of little use since it would take an eternity to render a single animation. Now it seems as though I'm going to have to abandon the physical surface root node in favor of the cycles root node. So it's back to render bucket one for me. Render times for me have taken a weird turn. Renders that once took 6 hours with the GPU now take only a little less than 30 minutes. I'm not sure why. The only things that changed was Poser's service release before the current one and I got EVGA's precision X tool. If I find out the reason is that poser was rendering at my GPU's idle clock speed I'm going to kick myself. I really don't know anything about Octane other than it looks cool.

I don't normally buy things at content paradise because of their download policy except when I see something that is really awesome and I must have it. China Blaze definitely qualifies. You certainly did. There are so many combinations of materials I could render a whole Wushu tournament. Hmmmm not a bad idea. China Blaze is a great outfit for Dawn and with very little modification for Dusk as well. Thank you for making it.

Me195

Extraordinary
You're right about the renders, there is such a variety and all of fantastic quality. That is what I find so frustrating with people stating Dawn does not work in Poser, this thread shows that, whatever your choice of genre, she does something few mainstream new figures do and that is play nicely in both Poser and DS.

You're absolutely right. I'm very grateful to have the Hivewire3d figures in my runtime.