• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh they've been adding a page or 2 every day, sometimes a page or 2 every time I check in the SAME day.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I've spent most of my adult life fighting ignorance Satira and I will never stop doing so until I am in my long box and buried. There has always been a herd mentality in all walks of life. That is something much appreciated and seized upon by those small minorities who espouse a philosophy of "do as I say and not as I do!" There is an interesting parallel in the realm of science-fiction literature and the formerly prestigous Hugo Awards which has increasingly come under the sway of a small clique of politically correct influences led by various publishers, self-styled illuminate' and critics who have set the rules (and just as frequently changed them to suit themselves). Up until this year that is when the highest number of 'No Award's' were recorded, (actually more than all the previous years put together!) for the simple reason that the fan base (i.e. you, me and all the other people who actually read the books, etc) whose votes nominate the recipients didn't accord with the select group nominated by the committee and were therefore ignored by that committee with a No Award. My point is that a small group of vociferous control freaks by forcing a 'win' have propelled themselves into the spotlight and become a strangely silent and suddenly unavailable-for-comment group of red-faced retiree's. That's what counts! Not the uninformed detractors, and lets be clear here, the sum total of all the forum users together still only represents a small section of the number of 3D users. That majority are the one's that count because they are the ones who put up good money and make use of what they've paid for. What is important is to hold true and ignore the detractors and do what you love. Producing the products you do so well and make them available to the majority who buy them. The biased opinions of some nameless little twerk no matter how highly they rank themselves, or how high they stand in the industry, are no more than dust in the wind! :beehive:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've spent most of my adult life fighting ignorance Satira and I will never stop doing so until I am in my long box and buried. There has always been a herd mentality in all walks of life. That is something much appreciated and seized upon by those small minorities who espouse a philosophy of "do as I say and not as I do!" There is an interesting parallel in the realm of science-fiction literature and the formerly prestigous Hugo Awards which has increasingly come under the sway of a small clique of politically correct influences led by various publishers, self-styled illuminate' and critics who have set the rules (and just as frequently changed them to suit themselves). Up until this year that is when the highest number of 'No Award's' were recorded, (actually more than all the previous years put together!) for the simple reason that the fan base (i.e. you, me and all the other people who actually read the books, etc) whose votes nominate the recipients didn't accord with the select group nominated by the committee and were therefore ignored by that committee with a No Award. My point is that a small group of vociferous control freaks by forcing a 'win' have propelled themselves into the spotlight and become a strangely silent and suddenly unavailable-for-comment group of red-faced retiree's. That's what counts! Not the uninformed detractors, and lets be clear here, the sum total of all the forum users together still only represents a small section of the number of 3D users. That majority are the one's that count because they are the ones who put up good money and make use of what they've paid for. What is important is to hold true and ignore the detractors and do what you love. Producing the products you do so well and make them available to the majority who buy them. The biased opinions of some nameless little twerk no matter how highly they rank themselves, or how high they stand in the industry, are no more than dust in the wind! :beehive:
Hear, Hear! Actually we are seeing this played out on the wider cosmos, as well, we see it in movies, in TV, Books as you mentioned, colleges, religion, social media and dare I say politics.

There is no reason for it, but it being the current swing of the pendulum. The thing I tell people who end up on the wrong end of the stick, with people lying about them is; The truth will come out. Live your life with integrity, and others will see your good works and the liars will be shown in their true light.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well...I worked out part of my problem was I didn't have it set to pages but even after doing that I was able to locate the specific post and can't afford to waste more time on looking for it. I've been bad enough today already and procrastinating way too much.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I don't think they so much as forget the big picture Ken as fool themselves into believing that their opinions actually form the big picture and expect the world to conform to their warped worldview. History has produced many people of that ilk, the total domination of art by the French Academy springs to mind and their refusal to display (or allow to be displayed) any artwork that didn't conform to their strict guidelines, until the Impressionists came along and demonstrated that no one was prepared to listen to them anymore! History is littered with people like that. It also shows that none of them succeed unless it's for their unfailing ability to fade into obscurity. Meanwhile the rest of us just keep on truckin' regardless! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Needlessly, after a good start there were attempts by certain characters (who deserve to remain nameless and thereby ignored) to turn it into the stale old Daz versus Poser cliche with a side order of I use V4 because nobody uses Dawn, she's crap, etc. I wonder! If they are as well-informed as they claim to be, why are they unaware that both Vicky and Dawn were created by a certain Mr. Creek (or so I believe and would be happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong), and given the age difference between them that Dawn may take advantage of all the advances in technology and modelling skills made over that period.

I modeled Dawn for sure. I also modeled previous versions of Victoria and Michael. The first originals from V1, V2, and V3, and M1, M2, and M3. After that I had to change focus with DAZ and put my attention to more of the business oversight, and from basically then on all content was created by others at DAZ.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I modeled Dawn for sure. I also modeled previous versions of Victoria and Michael. The first originals from V1, V2, and V3, and M1, M2, and M3. After that I had to change focus with DAZ and put my attention to more of the business oversight, and from basically then on all content was created by others at DAZ.

Thanks for the heads-up Chris! Much appreciated! :thankyou2:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thought it was about time we had a Dawn render...finally got around to spending some of my birthday money...on the VWD plug in and bridge at rendo. Dawn with one of VW's african faces converted from Poser. Skin is Rawart's Kerry, dress is Jan's lovely bellepetite using VWD plug in to do a static simulation, shaders on the dress are JGreenlee's for the spot and ParrotDolphin for the lace, buttons are refracted glass shaders but I changed the settings. Iray render...
vwd test 4.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've have seen a lot of excellent clothing for Dawn, both conforming and dynamic (my own preference) from venders like our own Lully, Satira Capprichio and others and I would also note others outside the Hive like Tipol, Sshodan, etc who are turning their considerable skills in Dawns direction.

No surprise I suppose, but I don't know of Tipol or Sshodan. Are they artists found at Rendo then? I'd like to see there work.

But we are indeed grateful for artists like Lully, Satira and many others here that are willing to create for our HiveWire products.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That we are Sir! Lully and Satira are both top of my go-to list together with the other folk who put their faith in Dawn first! They are indeed Chris (though I don't assign any blame to them for that! :whistling:) and perhaps I should have added the revered StudioArtVartanian to that group. Happily there are some very fine artists out there who are creating for Dawn for Daz and Poser and more power to thier collective elbow's! Just goes to prove you can't keep a good lady down! :)

Edited to note that the dress I used in DAYLIGHT'S GATE is one of Sshodans!

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Wow! Such awesome comments (and renders :)).

There certainly are many arenas where, as with this...if someone (particularly someone who is "important" - often just full of self importance) says something often enough, loudly enough, and with enough conviction, many people will believe the Alternative Facts they spew.

Keep gently speaking the truth if you see untruth being spouted at other forums, without getting into the ridiculous and unnecessary fighting and anger.

Stupid stupid stuff. What counts is the art, not what tools you used to create it. When I was in Art School, none of us fought over "sculpture is great, drawing sucks" or "this brand of pastels is good, that one's awful". We didn't put down models and talk about how "their chin's too big...ewwwww". We interpreted them as we chose to.

I always shake my head when I see people put Dawn down as having the wrong look or having too big (or small) whatever. It's a BASE model. Morph her, change her textures, make her who you want her to be.

You all know what this place is (and ALL of you make it that way). This is truly a community of caring people. And I'm proud to be a part of of it. I knew from the very beginning when I heard who was going to be starting HiveWire and I volunteered to help beta test Dawn, that it was something I wanted to be involved with.

Giving new artists a chance is important, as was said. As we learn, we grow...whether it's in renders or content creation or promo images.

Thank you all for being you and for being part of this awesome community!!
:flowers:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks to Hivewire I am having more fun with Poser than I was having a few years ago, I have a workable Dawn wardrobe at a fraction of the cost it would have taken for other figures. So I am clearly a Dawn fan, but more than that I am a Hivewire fan. I have found a place where others put an effort into encouraging and helping people not putting them down. A place where you can discuss the strengths and weakness of DS and Poser, and any other software, without the flame wars. More to the point often someone comes a long to suggest a workaround to some of those weaknesses. Hivewire is a place where the artist and the art is important which, unfortunately, seems to be very rare if not unique. I hope it continues and thrives for years to come.

SO WELL SAID!!!!!!!! I came late to Dawn, and fell deeply, irreversibly in love with her (I'm straight, I really am... LOL!) THEN Dusk...and just WOW... no humans can bend so well as 'ours'... I have sincerely TRIED to go back and use V4, but she always falls short...so I just keep her STUFF around to convert to Dawn... :) It's taken some time, but characters FOR Dawn and Dusk have show such great versatility... WAIT till you see Flint_Hawk's Morning Dove - Native American Indian character and clothing sets! You will fall off your chairs in delight! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hmmm speaking of the versatility of Dawn... remember when I did a series using VW's African and Asian ladies!? I ought to REPOST those at Rendo! (I had removed my gallery there for OTHER reasons and am keeping it small, but now reading our discussion, I will add THOSE back! :) )

this one does NOT look like the base Dawn AT ALL, right!?
africablue

maasai
and
afroamer

and my Asian ladies:
asianenchan
and here she looks like a young girl before folks started making 'younger' versions of the Dawn model-
sheknowsit
and talking about bending well!!!=
modgeisha

I hope you all don't mind me adding those links...I'm REALLY proud of those series... as I said, this is when I fell in love with Dawn and really went to town with her! :)

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
No surprise I suppose, but I don't know of Tipol or Sshodan. Are they artists found at Rendo then? I'd like to see there work.

But we are indeed grateful for artists like Lully, Satira and many others here that are willing to create for our HiveWire products.

I have quite some items by Tipol, I prefer dynamics since I figured out how to use the clothroom and hers are great.
This one is with V4, made a while back but it gives you an idea. It's the Anais dynamic dress and skirt with my own creative mix 'n match materials - loooooove mt5 :D
I have the SnowWhite Dress for V4 & K4 aswell. I'll see if I can get Diva to put it on.

Handsoftime600x800.jpg