• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can empathize about the limitations of my graphic card as well. That said, however, I don't see all that much graininess in your render. It's really quite nice. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe wants to show some new jewelry....alright I wanted to play with some new content.

Blue Beads.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Her stuff is gorgeous. I've most of it, but it's a hassle getting the V4 stuff onto Genesis. It comes in at the wrong place and the transform tools don't seem to be particularly responsive.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've never tried that, as I only have the original Genesis. Never got into Genesis 2 or 3, and never updated my DS past 4.0 Pro.

I mostly use her stuff on V4, and have a lot of her stuff that's non-character specific, like a lot of her props and fabrics, etc.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WONDERFUL ART - EVERYONE!! Enjoyed catching up in this thread!
@Ken1171 where do I got to see your latest 'biker chick' in full quality?
@Pendraia utterly lovely... I prefer the color one, but that's just me. :)
@Hornet3d really pretty! Now with Dawn's Fabi necklaces, I can use all my V4 charms...and rings of course...must have them ALL... :)
@Giokebox I REALLY like your latest... read that LOVE it, so sweet, perfectly done!

Me195

Extraordinary
Was so pleased with converting a V4 dress to Dawn, I did a 'set' of pieces....
First-
and then:
and by the way, I think the HW housecat is SO good, that one can use him without brushing the hair out... that's saying something! ;)

Beautiful renders and an elegant poem Lyne.

Dawn with my Stylized body type (not the Sora version). ^^

View attachment 21408

Very creative, stylish, and purty ken. P.S. It might also be the sun because it looks like it's making everything in your render hot.

Excellent render Glitterati3D. Very nice looking character.

Bought and tried Netherworks hair conversion for Dawn.
Didn't quite realize how much hair I have gathered in all the year I use Poser....right, anyhew, it works as a charm so you can imagine Dawn is one happy girl in my runtime now.
V4 Bell Arum Hair on Dawn, with character Bow for Dawn and in her FlapperDress. Also Circlets of men was used but I always use a mixed variety of mt5 materials from other outfits/jewels.

View attachment 21493

The Black & White version

View attachment 21494

Both are wonderful renders. They show off your artistic prowess Pommerlis.

I got rid of Doe for Dawn original body morph. I wanted something more realistic, so I dialed her a petite body, that matched very well with her pre-teen face. Except for the eyes, mats are from Dawn SE. The wooden figure is Ipê by Guaiamu Studio and can be found here at Hivewire3D. Doe morph for Dawn can be found at ShareCG.
Unfortunatelly, I couldn't avoid the image being grainy, due limitations of graphic card.

View attachment 21511

Fantastic job on the concept, character design, and the scene setup. On the subject of graininess in renders someone smarter than me pointed out that even real photos have an amount of graininess to them especially in the shadows.

Hornet3d

Wise
Her stuff is gorgeous. I've most of it, but it's a hassle getting the V4 stuff onto Genesis. It comes in at the wrong place and the transform tools don't seem to be particularly responsive.

Sorry to hear it is a hassle using Fabi's stuff on Genesis, I am a Poser user so I never made the jump to Genesis but it seems a real shame as it is gorgeous stuff and Genesis is missing out. Luckily it is a simple process to use it on Dawn, as Miss B has stated, a lot of it is non character specific so it is just a question of positioning and the setting the parent. Otherwise, for many of the V4 products there is either a Dawn equivalent or a conversion product.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well I picked it up, and went ahead and converted it for Dawn. I had to do a Partial conversion rather than the full because of the way Ali has it set up, but it worked out nicely. It should look nice on Diva. I may try that tomorrow. ;)

View attachment 20806
Where does one find these amazing things by Ali, and Fabia and such, for those of us who don't know everyone? *wink*

Hornet3d

Wise
Where does one find these amazing things by Ali, and Fabia and such, for those of us who don't know everyone? *wink*

I am not sure I am going to succeed but I am going to try to be diplomatic here, I picked up most of my Fabiana stuff from Renderosity with the exception of what is on sale here at Hivewire. The same place for the Ali stuff which I have lots of, but I would suggest anyone looks at the Community forum and Marketplace Customer Support Forum before you place an order. I am not trying to be negative and I have ordered from there but others may feel differently, at least this way customers can make up their own minds.

If I have failed in my attempt to be even handed I am happy for the admin team here to delete this post.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ali also has his own website so you don't have to deal with Renderosity if you don't want.
MankahooOnlineShop

An added bonus is that most of Ali's hairs have a Dawn fit, so no need to fiddle.

Whoops, forgot that one, thanks for the reminder. As you say most of Ali's hairs have a Dawn fit but some of the early ones don't but I still find it easy to use on Dawn, just a case of scaling and placement followed by parenting to the head.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Whoops, forgot that one, thanks for the reminder. As you say most of Ali's hairs have a Dawn fit but some of the early ones don't but I still find it easy to use on Dawn, just a case of scaling and placement followed by parenting to the head.

Agreed, Ali's stuff is really easy to use. I just like using HCS because I don't have time to stop and fiddle when I'm trying to run through 5-10 promo renders.

Now, if we could just get Ali to do a hair or two for Baby Luna.........

Hornet3d

Wise
Agreed, Ali's stuff is really easy to use. I just like using HCS because I don't have time to stop and fiddle when I'm trying to run through 5-10 promo renders.

Now, if we could just get Ali to do a hair or two for Baby Luna.........

I can understand your needs if you are doing promo renders, mine are always one off renders, well if you forget the 10 to 15 attempts at getting them to look anywhere near right.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Even if Ali's hair didn't have any fitting morphs, we can still fit any hair to any figure using the method I demonstrate in my Universal Anime Head. The method is also universal, and works the same in both Poser and DS. :)

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ali also has his own website so you don't have to deal with Renderosity if you don't want.
MankahooOnlineShop

An added bonus is that most of Ali's hairs have a Dawn fit, so no need to fiddle.
Yes, I highly recommend getting the hair products you want from his store directly, as they're usually a bit cheaper than if you buy them at Renderosity. I usually do that, and then go back to Renderosity to see who's done texture maps for them so I can have a wider range of hair colors. ;)