• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
What a stunning bunch of art here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like a woman obsessed...this is ONLY A TEST, - not NOT finished by any means...just preliminary layout to create an appy centauress...

I also STOLE art from my self-care and my food preparation and now MUST let art go, and work in kitchen all day..still, I'm happy so far:

DawnLeopardAppyTest2.jpg

FK Alanis hair, Elisa skin on Dawn SR2 with SE morphs, 3d Age top converted to Dawn, rena's texture on it.

THANK YOU, LAURIE, FOR THE INSPIRATION = this is one of your BEST sets yet, and they all are marvels! :)

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
What a stunning bunch of art here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like a woman obsessed...this is ONLY A TEST, - not NOT finished by any means...just preliminary layout to create an appy centauress...

I also STOLE art from my self-care and my food preparation and now MUST let art go, and work in kitchen all day..still, I'm happy so far:

View attachment 41393
FK Alanis hair, Elisa skin on Dawn SR2 with SE morphs, 3d Age top converted to Dawn, rena's texture on it.

THANK YOU, LAURIE, FOR THE INSPIRATION = this is one of your BEST sets yet, and they all are marvels! :)

Ohh Lyne... this is shaping up very nicely. Me likey!!

Gisela

Eager
Beautiful spotted texture.

Here is with Cwrw textures Sorrel y Bay Pinto. Flinks trees 4 Seasons, ultimate ground.dandelion and Sky. Lisa's Simmering Summer texture applied to Flinks ground and Asiatic Lily. Silver K 3D Fawn. Free butterfly by Age of Armour with matt poses by Mlw-hunted357mag at share com

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Gisela!

(I like the little deer hiding in the background)

Only thing if you don't mind me saying, is I think you have the fetlock colours on the wrong horses (the all white ones should be on the chestnut and the ones with the dark fronts should be on the Bay), I don't think most people would notices but having been around horses most of my childhood its the first thing I notice.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Finally I got a scene using my hussar uniform (which is still a far cry from being finished, lacking buttons and the sabretache) as well as the hussar saddle without blanket or shabrak though. Also gave me an occasion to use CWRW's beautiful textures.
Rendered in 3Delight as I am doing the textures first in 3Delight and then in iray. All uniform elements use geoshells for the goldbraid application. This allows to change the base color of the uniform, boots, pelisse and furs as desired and being able to create silver, gold, and texture braidings all from the same base. The pelisse proved to be a bit of a challenge and isn't quite that easy to use but the rest is pretty simple d-force.hussar test2.jpg hussar test.jpg

Gisela

Eager
Beautiful Gisela!

(I like the little deer hiding in the background)

Only thing if you don't mind me saying, is I think you have the fetlock colours on the wrong horses (the all white ones should be on the chestnut and the ones with the dark fronts should be on the Bay), I don't think most people would notices but having been around horses most of my childhood its the first thing I notice.
Oh I made the mistake changing textures. You got a very good eye. :) Thank you.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
So at the riding lesson yesterday, the instructor had us cantering round the arena. Round, and round, and round, and round, without stopping, until we got our seats right and our legs right and our hands right and could ask our horses for as much impulsion as we wanted whenever we wanted. I was totally out of steam by the end (the horse wasn't, didn't even break a sweat) but it was a good lesson, so I made a quick image to give as a thank-you card. I'm quite pleased with this one. Very pleased for something that didn't take too terribly long- I could probably play with it for several more hours to get something I'd consider properly finished. HiveWire 3D horse, Gypsy Vanner texture, CWRW's mane 'n' tail pack, Flink's meadow, flowers and sky, Photoshop playtime.
thankyou3.jpg