• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
But this Is just a re work of an image rendered in Poser and what I used for the base of my Nature Kami a while ago in the Horse challenge. Not sure what you want to call him. Noir Pegasus? Batarang?
I think I have those wings NA. I think I was playing with them on Dawn for a Halloween render last year.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I think I have those wings NA. I think I was playing with them on Dawn for a Halloween render last year.
Probably not these they are 2D. Base wash with grain layer then refine, refine, refine, cell shade, and lastly cut out with the pen tool to get rid of the pixel fuzz . They are however also used on my All Hallows Eve image.
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic work NA! I especially like Earth Qilin! Amazing details!
Thanks Flint! Right back at you !! Love all of your stuff which reminds me I need to take a chance to browse your gallery over at Rendo at some point!!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Probably not these they are 2D. Base wash with grain layer then refine, refine, refine, cell shade, and lastly cut out with the pen tool to get rid of the pixel fuzz . They are however also used on my All Hallows Eve image.
Ohhh, from the angle in that render it looked like a set of wings I picked up at Renderosity last year.

Edited to Add: OK, I double-checked, and the wings I was thinking of are Dark Angel Wings by Antje, and they're 2D wings, not 3D. Don't know why I thought they were 3D. ~shakes head~ This old brain isn't quite as sharp as it used to be. ;)

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
thanks Alisa!

the Qilin is also fantasic NapalmArsenal!
LOL thanks! You are too kind as there's quite a bit of PS going on in there! With the hair and overlay fracts ....... etc. I just don't do very well with the load click and render and keep it in it's pure form.

There is also this guy, but have to re-render him again as there are some wing issues this also uses the custom TB morph making sort of a more slim frame bird like animal. Waiting on the Racing Tack to see if I have any adjustments to make and then finalize the property sets on those for the TB race form.
Horse Wings2323 copy.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ah and the Qilin ! There is so much stuff on here ....... !

Earth Qilin
View attachment 26651
Products Used: HiveWire Horse + custom morph, CWRW Bay Roan Coat Texture, CWRW MNT 3, CWRW Poses for the HiveWire Horse,Arki's Lilithai Strigoia accessories, Horn is off of the old Daz deer updated with Iray gold shader, Custom Skin, Fractals are from Sidherose Graphics.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI: I over did using my trackball thumb & typing last 2 weeks during my Nickie grief, then it got worse for trying to do a little bit of post work last night! (got a unicorn/Dawn piece my muse wants me to do) NO more computer 4 a week!! REALLY worried this time it may be permanent ....using 1 finger, left hand... I swear ...if THIS has not taught me to USE Dragon instead of typing, nothing will! So mad at myself!!! (I'm also researching other types of trackballs...and NO I can't use a pen - tried that a few times) arghhh!!! now tendons in this hand - palm - are hurting! :(

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
FYI: I over did using my trackball thumb & typing last 2 weeks during my Nickie grief, then it got worse for trying to do a little bit of post work last night! (got a unicorn/Dawn piece my muse wants me to do) NO more computer 4 a week!! REALLY worried this time it may be permanent ....using 1 finger, left hand... I swear ...if THIS has not taught me to USE Dragon instead of typing, nothing will! So mad at myself!!! (I'm also researching other types of trackballs...and NO I can't use a pen - tried that a few times) arghhh!!! now tendons in this hand - palm - are hurting! :(
Sorry to hear! :( i hope you can recover real fast!!:flowers:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

Thanks!
Awe !:( Yes, hope your recovery is a speedy one! ! Have you explored the vertical mouse?

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Gorgeous. Yes, Arki's wings are extraordinarily beautiful, even if they can be hard to work with. Those particular ones come apart when posed in Studio, more's the pity. They're not supposed to be weight mapped, I think, but they just do not work right in Studio. (The Malaik wings, which were the ones she did just before these work fine.) I still managed to make limited use of them on my Thestrals. But I'd have used them a LOT more if I could have done so and not had them coming apart on me.

Carey

Extraordinary
LOL thanks! You are too kind as there's quite a bit of PS going on in there! With the hair and overlay fracts ....... etc. I just don't do very well with the load click and render and keep it in it's pure form.

There is also this guy, but have to re-render him again as there are some wing issues this also uses the custom TB morph making sort of a more slim frame bird like animal. Waiting on the Racing Tack to see if I have any adjustments to make and then finalize the property sets on those for the TB race form.
View attachment 26653
wow!