• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, third leg of the Triple Crown and we have some repeat entries from the Kentucky Derby and also the Preakness Stakes

Post Position and Field are as follows:
1. Twisted Tom 2. Tapwrit 3. Gormley 4. J. Boys Echo 5. Hollywood Handsome 6. Lookin at Lee
7. Irish War Cry 8. Senior Investment 9. Meantime 10. Multiplier 11. Epicharis 12. Patch

This is the link to the Belmont Cheat Sheet Belmont Stakes Cheat Sheet
Pick one and render, if your pick wins you get bragging rights!

Also too should be some cool renders since the TB is out!!

Glass Menagerie horse base for custom morph.

Glass Menagerie
Glass.jpg

Products Used: Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Spring Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botnaicals Tulips, HiveWire Horse, CWRW MNT 3 CWRW's Poses for the HiveWire horse, Custom HWH morph , Unicorn for the HiveWire Horse, Grass brushes done in Photoshop and background image is done with several Phtoshop brushes layered.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Ok, third leg of the Triple Crown and we have some repeat entries from the Kentucky Derby and also the Preakness Stakes

1. Twisted Tom 2. Tapwrit 3. Gormley 4. J. Boys Echo 5. Hollywood Handsome 6. Lookin at Lee
7. Irish War Cry 8. Senior Investment 9. Meantime 10. Multiplier 11. Epicharis 12. Patch

Glass Menagerie
View attachment 26797
Products Used: Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Spring Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botnaicals Tulips, HiveWire Horse, CWRW MNT 3 CWRW's Poses for the HiveWire horse, Custom HWH morph , Unicorn for the HiveWire Horse, Grass brushes done in Photoshop and background image is done with several Phtoshop brushes layered.

That is a wonderful render with amazing Mane work. That's done without brushes? Again...just amazing.

Carey

Extraordinary

Glass Menagerie
View attachment 26797
This has such a wonderful sense of style...

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Your work is fantastic ... as always, NapalmArsenal! :)

What a fun render Carey! It's great you are having such a good time doing these! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
There are several horse pictures that I can't believe I haven't posted - but I was unable to locate them. Maybe I originally put them up before the forums were lost? Anyway, I thought I would share them "again"?!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 2 by CWRW at HiveWire3D

Songbird ReMix Yucatan (Black Throated Magpie) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Dancing On A Cloud
Dancing On A Cloud.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
But this Is just a re work of an image rendered in Poser and what I used for the base of my Nature Kami a while ago in the Horse challenge. Not sure what you want to call him. Noir Pegasus? Batarang?

Storm Render
View attachment 26648
Products Used: Harry the HiveWire Horse, CWRW MNT 3, CWRW's Poses for the HiveWire Horse,Friesian Coat, Custom Eye Color, BG is from Share CG unrestricted use, wings painted in Photoshop
Ah crap! Excuse me while I retrieve the jaw I just dropped on the floor.:notworthy:

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here are a few more of my horse pictures.

Credits:

HiveWire Horse - Friesian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Horse - Arabian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Birds of Legend (Dove of Peace) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Divine Equine
Divine Equine.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Arabian for the HiveWire Horse is like a dream!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse - Arabian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Songbird Remix Hawaii (Mamo) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D
Songbird Remix Pet Shop (Cockatiel) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Autumn Excursion by LisasBotanicals- Lisa Buckalew at HiveWire 3D

Dreams Of Autumn

Autumn Dream.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Everyone!!

This has such a wonderful sense of style...

Thanks! Yes, was going for a rather stylized version!
Your work is fantastic ... as always, NapalmArsenal! :)

What a fun render Carey! It's great you are having such a good time doing these! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Thanks Flint right back at you !! I've been browsing your bird images from past contest and absolutely love how you do birds and moths also!!

Ah crap! Excuse me while I retrieve the jaw I just dropped on the floor.:notworthy:

I would give my eye teeth If I could model anything! I will impart you with a favorite quote

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~Evelyn Dunbar~

Flint I do remember some of these! I admire how you have done your amber lighting in Divine Equine, and Dreams of Autumn very effectual and stunning results!!

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
Thanks Everyone!!

Thanks! Yes, was going for a rather stylized version!

Thanks Flint right back at you !! I've been browsing your bird images from past contest and absolutely love how you do birds and moths also!!

I would give my eye teeth If I could model anything! I will impart you with a favorite quote

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~Evelyn Dunbar~

Flint I do remember some of these! I admire how you have done your amber lighting in Divine Equine, and Dreams of Autumn very effectual and stunning effects!!
Imagine if working in 3D were just one gift or talent, we would all be totally boring each other here, I feel blessed to be able to show my work and create some smiles, but I feel doubly blessed for being able to come here and stand in awe of the work done by others, still with others it is great to enjoy their journey of discovery. One thing to remember all of us got to where we are at on the shoulders of others...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Imagine if working in 3D were just one gift or talent, we would all be totally boring each other here, I feel blessed to be able to show my work and create some smiles, but I feel doubly blessed for being able to come here and stand in awe of the work done by others, still with others it is great to enjoy their journey of discovery. One thing to remember all of us got to where we are at on the shoulders of others...
:yeahthat: