• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I loved the idea of this picture, but when I added the Arabian version of the HiveWire 3D horse it really came to life!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Horse - Arabian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW's The Elegant Equine Mane 'N Tail Pack by CWRW at HiveWire3D

Birds of Legend (Dove of Peace) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Hosta by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire3D

Softly Through The Mist
Softly Through The Mist.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It was fun creating an elegant, fantasy bird for this picture, with the body of the swan & the tail of the Black-throated Magpie Jay.

Credits:

HiveWire Unicorn by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 3 - Swans of the World (Mute Swan) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D
Songbird ReMix Yucatan (Black-throated Magpie Jay) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Satin Grace
Satin Grace.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Grey Goshawk, instead of doves, makes a wonderful ally to this powerful Pegasus!

Credits:

Grane the Winged Horse by Ken Gilliand & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW's Pro Wing Textures at HiveWire3D

Birds of Prey-Hawks of the Old World (Grey Goshawk) by Ken Gilliand at HiveWire3D

Evening's Magic
Evenings Magic.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I always love seeing your artwork Flint!!!!!!

And YAY, I got my new tablet pen or pen tablet however you say it and I cannot believe how utterly precise the tip is it's like it can select right down to the pixel and I was able to do some post-work with my current piece (ethereal unicorn and Lady) . I'm still learning to use the interface… but my preference is to use the pen like a mouse in Photoshop because for painting and drawing so to speak I use the all the brushes and tools in Photoshop itself not the pen . but for example this morning I brushed out the hair of the coronet band just over the whole a little bit to look more natural and using a particular smudge tool it was very precise very easy and very fast . what a joy! I've also found that I can hold the pen like a pan or if my thumb doesn't want to be bent in a particular way I can let it stick straight up and actually still control the pan and its rocker button with the cradle of where my thumb meets my hand ! now my last concern is to find an easier way in any given program to use the menu words way up in the upper left . specifically in Photoshop as Dragon can say the words are rather do the function in any other program but not in Photoshop dragons doesn't seem to know what to do there. But sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread I'm just pretty darn excited and had to express this while I came visiting the horse pictures . :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, glad to hear you got your new pen and tablet set. I love mine, and use it for everything, except typing text, obviously.

As you use it more, you'll get more used to what you can get accomplished with it.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I started this picture 3 years ago, but I could never get the old horse model to work in this scene. My first try with the Arabian model for the HiveWire Horse resulted in this! What an amazing model!

Credits:

Songbird Remix Hummingbirds of the Americas by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Starweed & FantaStar for Starweed by Lisa Botanical's at HiveWire3D

Spring Dreams

Spring Dreams.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This may look familiar! ;) The Arabian for the HiveWire Horse is like a dream come true!

Credits:

Birds of Legend (Dove of Peace) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Heavenly Dreams
Heavenly Dream.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm enjoying seeing your many older pieces, Flint!

Finally using two fingers on my trackball as well as getting to know my pen and tablet I have finished a piece of art that I had started when my life fell apart (the loss of Nikki after his illness got crazy and the loss of the use of my hands for trackball work ) to see details click on the link to the large original .