• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Treasure´s guardians
(credits in the media page)

Szark

Awesome
got around to play with Harry. I haven't referenced photos yet. I like to set it up to what I think is realish first. Still would love some vein maps.

Made a detailed Normal Map (Sobel 5x5 Y inverted) from the bump map. Adjusted Iray shader settings.

First image Auto Conversion

Second Image Iray Adjusted with Normal map.

now with the DS Iray Sun/Sky

I am a little disappointed in painted on highlights on the hair maps though. Not good in this day and age even for 3DL and Firefly let alone Iray. Please no more painted highlights of some replacement maps would be nice. :)

Mustang_Iray_Auto.jpg

Mustang_Iray_Adjusted.jpg

Mustang_Iray_SunSky.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
got around to play with Harry. I haven't referenced photos yet. I like to set it up to what I think is realish first. Still would love some vein maps.

Made a detailed Normal Map (Sobel 5x5 Y inverted) from the bump map. Adjusted Iray shader settings.

First image Auto Conversion

Second Image Iray Adjusted with Normal map.

now with the DS Iray Sun/Sky

I am a little disappointed in painted on highlights on the hair maps though. Not good in this day and age even for 3DL and Firefly let alone Iray. Please no more painted highlights of some replacement maps would be nice. :)

View attachment 28467

View attachment 28468

View attachment 28470
I totally get what you are saying about the vein maps! I would also like to see some rib morphs! Not sure if you can do it with bump normals and displacement, but I may give it a try at some point. I would also like to see a sculpted muscular form like the body builder types you have for Dusk and Dawn with tone and definition. I nearly have the Racing forms into beta. Just working on the heavy now.
If I were better at Blacksmith I would absolutely do it!

Last edited:

Szark

Awesome
Added some Diffuse Roughness and Backscatter just to simulate fur.
The transmaps I had to save out in Grayscale or go into the Surfaces Pane and click on the Thumbnail and select Image Editor and change the "Image Gamma" value from 0.00 to 1.00. Meaning DS will now treat the transmap as a grayscale image. See how the hair is now fuller. When changing the Image Gamma it will apply to that map no matter if on multiple horses. :)
Lowered the Normal and Bump maps
Adjusted Gloss

Mustang_Iray_SunSky2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looks pretty sweet!! It rather has a silky look/ feel to it. Ah I didn't know that about the gamma.
The thing is though sometimes in Poser it pitches a fit about the gamma correction etc good to know that Daz doesn't.