• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Baby Luna Renders Here!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Really nice character.

BTW, if anyone has been watching -- or not watching -- Slosh's nursery for the 'Toon babies was released over at DAZ today. It's great, and not so Toony that it couldn't be used for a realistic nursery. It is, however in .duf format, so Poser users would have to jump through some hoops to get it into their program of choice.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I saw that in today's email, and it actually does look really nice, and yes the DUF format leaves me out, as I haven't updated my DS since 4.0 Pro, which was using .DSA/.DSF files.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Really nice character.

BTW, if anyone has been watching -- or not watching -- Slosh's nursery for the 'Toon babies was released over at DAZ today. It's great, and not so Toony that it couldn't be used for a realistic nursery. It is, however in .duf format, so Poser users would have to jump through some hoops to get it into their program of choice.
You know, I understand why Genesis characters and what not use proprietary formats, but the number of sets and props that use DS-exclusive formats (at both DAZ and Rendo) is truly disheartening. I'm usually willing to do the work to export hair or props, but sets tend to be a little too tedious. :( You'd think DAZ could have people to convert those sets to Poser files--I'm certain it would increase their sales. But then, DAZ as a company has had a pretty...inimical relationship with Poser and its users ever since Genesis was released... :(

On topic, that render is adorable, Dakorillon. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You know, I understand why Genesis characters and what not use proprietary formats, but the number of sets and props that use DS-exclusive formats (at both DAZ and Rendo) is truly disheartening. I'm usually willing to do the work to export hair or props, but sets tend to be a little too tedious. :( You'd think DAZ could have people to convert those sets to Poser files--I'm certain it would increase their sales. But then, DAZ as a company has had a pretty...inimical relationship with Poser and its users ever since Genesis was released... :(

On topic, that render is adorable, Dakorillon. :)

Thank you for the compliment!

That is why I'm so glad that HiveWire is committed to supporting Poser users. As an artist, it's harder to figure out those last fiddly bits to convert, especially as I'm not very Poser literate, but it's worth it to support the mission! And it's those little differences, that in the end will win more and more people over to the HiveWire way!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah...I just sort of stalled when I started to have to organise myself for school. It's hard to find some concentrated time to sit down and get it done. I had hoped to have it completed by now.
Well, here's a hug from a school teacher supporter (my husband) to another teacher, in sympathy of all the work that goes into teaching the nation's youth whether they want it or not! And a high-five for obviously caring and doing a great job.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Dakorillon...and tell your husband thanks too! My room's all set up and ready to go...I was really glad that I went in last week as it made today so much easier. First few weeks are always hectic, you can't get everything done at once. I'm determined though that this year I will find a better work/life balance and hopefully get Deidre finished in the next couple of weeks.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I will! Getting set up before hand is very necessary!

Yes, that is important, I'm trying to get my own back on kilter, it's been an odd 4 years, and I'm just starting to get it back together.

I know you will! And if you need any help, just holler, that's why we are such a good community, someone will step up to help.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
LITTLE ONES. Baby Luna and the Hivewire Kitten! How could I resist?

Little Ones.jpg