• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

eclark1894

Visionary
My only disappointment with the new Terradome 3 is that they are not updating TD2 to have Superfly materials. I am all for Studio users have a terradome, I just wish it didn't mean that Poser users are being left out. Having said that most of the mats in TD2 work fine in Superfly they just need a bit of tweaking.
Has anyone asked them if they plan to update Terradome for Poser?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Daz has just released Superfly Shaders for Poser so they are doing new Poser stuff. I guess it all depends if Content Creators want to do stuff Poser and then sell on Daz instead of other sites.

(still haven't had a response from Colm)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes I saw those. Vince Bagna does Poser content. I have his SunLIGHT set, and love it for outdoor lighting.

I have the shaders in my cart. I didn't buy them today only because there may be some things tomorrow that I would buy and end up stacking discounts. Anyway was really glad to see these. Not so much to use without modification but I think they will be a great starting point.

eclark1894

Visionary
They don't work for Firefly, but I think I may be able to create my own Firefly shaders. I decided to go ahead and get them because I saw some shaders for liquids I'm working on.

I just finished my dinnerware set too, so i might make some wine quids to go in the glass I made.
upload_2016-9-15_18-2-48.png

James R.

Busy Bee
Daz has just released Superfly Shaders for Poser so they are doing new Poser stuff. I guess it all depends if Content Creators want to do stuff Poser and then sell on Daz instead of other sites.

(still haven't had a response from Colm)
Just saw those shaders. Will be picking them up soon! Glad to know that VinceBagna is still doing Poser stuff.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Vince Bagna, the same person who just came out with those SuperFly shaders. I purchased it at RDNA, but I don't see it in his store at DAZ, so it may be a product that's still in transition, because it's not in his store at RDNA anymore.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good to see that Daz is selling Poser stuff for Vince. I have his sunlight for DS and it is one of my favourites.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Good to see that Daz is selling Poser stuff for Vince. I have his sunlight for DS and it is one of my favourites.

Daz has started selling Poser stuff again? I noticed more poser props available over at Rendo too though G3F still rules the day.

Is momentum shifting?

Willowisp

Adventurous
Daz has started selling Poser stuff again? I noticed more poser props available over at Rendo too though G3F still rules the day.

Is momentum shifting?

I think what's happening is more people are understanding Superfly better, and realizing its potential. After some teething problems, it's working better and its become more clear what it can actually do

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
The problem with both Daz and Rendo, and is something which I have pointed out there, is that Poser content has become swamped by Daz content taking priority! In Daz' case obviously they are going to push their own brand to the fore which is reasonable. In Rendo's case however I suspect a lack of attention on the marketplace has allowed one format to take precedence over the other. I'm not the only one by a long chalk who finds it difficult to actually find what I want at Rendo, despite the fact that there are a lot of very good people producing Poser content, without plowing through a lot of stuff I'm not interested in! Of late, it appears that someone there is paying attention judging by the number of recent newsletters claiming things along the lines of 'we are the people for Poser content' but there is still a long way to go before they regain a level playing field. Thankfully we have sites like Hivewire3D (and others) to redress that balance by catering to both formats without bias while the big boys sit there contemplating their navel's. I'm not for a moment suggesting that one format should take precedence over the other rather than that a business which has multiple formats should be aiming to give them all equal billing. That, in the long term and any form of commerce, is the only way to remain profitable. It's a buyers market and you ignore that at your own cost. Hence the reason for my last post. When Daz bought RDNA it was assumed, and at least implied by the former owners, that they wished to expand the Poser market they'd neglected. Time has passed and it appears that that is not the case. That's a pity because in the end that negligence comes at a price!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think some are overthinking this, honestly.

The bottom line is simple....lots of vendors thought the rainbow was on the DAZ side of the equation. What they did not count on was that when they, and 100 other vendors decide to hop on that rainbow, they bend it to the ground.

You simply can't have 100 people offering 100 pieces of slutwear, and all 100 pieces sell equally. They are simply doing what they did to Vicky4 - milking the market dry.

As for Rendo, well, they've made some really serious missteps in the last year that have cost them dearly. Between the credit card hacks (3 times, wasn't it?), the website redesign that the customers hated, and the flood of DAZ products, most of the Poser folks have simply moved on from Rendo. And, since their community manager told folks who hated the site redesign "there's the door," I doubt they will return any time soon.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There's something else you have to consider folks. Rendo and Daz both can only offer what their vendors give them to offer. If Rendo gets a ton of things for Genesis 3 and nothing for Poser are they then supposed to hold back the stuff for G3, just because there's nothing to balance the other side of the scale? No. They aren't supposed to, shouldn't have to, and speaking as a Content creator myself I would stop selling at a store that held back my product just because the other side of the equation didn't have equal representation.

The problem isn't the stores, it's the vendors. Many of the vendors don't see any real money in producing for Poser when it comes to clothes, just like they don't see the money in producing for Dusk and Dawn. Because Dusk and Dawn are the new kids on the block and DAZ has a huge following for the Genesis figures and the newer incarnations of Vicky and Mike. Thing is, if you produce for Dusk and Dawn as well as the others, the stuff for Dusk and Dawn will sell when people realize it's there. There's lots of stuff for both that I never knew was out there, because it didn't show up in the newsletters!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When Daz bought RDNA it was assumed, and at least implied by the former owners, that they wished to expand the Poser market they'd neglected. Time has passed and it appears that that is not the case. That's a pity because in the end that negligence comes at a price!
They are still in the process of bringing stuff over from RDNA so I guess that's slowing new stuff from that side. I guess the former owners were busy rebuilding Terradome to work in DS (which has been on my wishlist for a long time :D). Who knows what their next step is.
Also don't forget its up to the people who create content to create for what program they want to, its not necessarily governed by the sites (well, maybe a little for Daz but who wouldn't want to push their program first?)

Edited to add: Posted at the same time as Sunfire, yeah what they said :p