• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are still in the process of bringing stuff over from RDNA so I guess that's slowing new stuff from that side. I guess the former owners were busy rebuilding Terradome to work in DS (which has been on my wishlist for a long time :D). Who knows what their next step is.
Also don't forget its up to the people who create content to create for what program they want to, its not necessarily governed by the sites (well, maybe a little for Daz but who wouldn't want to push their program first?)

Edited to add: Posted at the same time as Sunfire, yeah what they said :p
LOL

eclark1894

Visionary
I still haven't used the shaders i bought from Vince Bagna yet. However, I thought you guys might like to know that Ghostship has created some interesting shaders as well and is showcasing them over at the Renderosity Poser forum in a thread called "Coffee for Boni".

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I saw the posts on the SM Poser forum too. Haven't played with them yet, but they certainly look nice.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The problem with both Daz and Rendo, and is something which I have pointed out there, is that Poser content has become swamped by Daz content taking priority! In Daz' case obviously they are going to push their own brand to the fore which is reasonable. In Rendo's case however I suspect a lack of attention on the marketplace has allowed one format to take precedence over the other. I'm not the only one by a long chalk who finds it difficult to actually find what I want at Rendo, despite the fact that there are a lot of very good people producing Poser content, without plowing through a lot of stuff I'm not interested in! Of late, it appears that someone there is paying attention judging by the number of recent newsletters claiming things along the lines of 'we are the people for Poser content' but there is still a long way to go before they regain a level playing field. Thankfully we have sites like Hivewire3D (and others) to redress that balance by catering to both formats without bias while the big boys sit there contemplating their navel's. I'm not for a moment suggesting that one format should take precedence over the other rather than that a business which has multiple formats should be aiming to give them all equal billing. That, in the long term and any form of commerce, is the only way to remain profitable. It's a buyers market and you ignore that at your own cost. Hence the reason for my last post. When Daz bought RDNA it was assumed, and at least implied by the former owners, that they wished to expand the Poser market they'd neglected. Time has passed and it appears that that is not the case. That's a pity because in the end that negligence comes at a price!

Just a note. You can filter out (Or in Filter in from your POV) DAZ or Poser Content at Rendo. Click Marketplace, look at the fourth choice. "New to Poser". I've been happier since I started sorting things that way. As long as they keep making interesting things for Poser, I'll be interested. I'm not jumping ship easily. Things may be getting interesting...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lots of interesting points. Just a comment from someone who has posted freebies for both Dawn and Dusk as well as Genesis 3. First I love the Hivewire figures but Genesis 3 is also very popular. I'm not going to post figures for downloads but the difference between the two is huge and you can't blame vendors who depend on the income to survive if they go with what sells the most for them.

I think it is simply a case of going with what will make them the most money. I have seen vendors who used to be poser only who now do just DS some only sell through daz but others sell elsewhere. Just think about it if you were putting in the same amount of work as the vendor next to you and you knew they had sales that were not just triple what you were getting but 6 times the amount you would have to consider it.

As I said I love the Hivewire figures and I think we need diversity in the marketplace but I also like the genesis 3 figures and will probably do some things for them also at some point especially if I retire and this income becomes more important to me. That doesn't mean that I will stop doing things for Dawn and Dusk. I see it like doing stuff for the two programs more a case of expanding may repertoire rather than reducing it.

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Lots of interesting points. Just a comment from someone who has posted freebies for both Dawn and Dusk as well as Genesis 3. First I love the Hivewire figures but Genesis 3 is also very popular. I'm not going to post figures for downloads but the difference between the two is huge and you can't blame vendors who depend on the income to survive if they go with what sells the most for them.

I think it is simply a case of going with what will make them the most money. I have seen vendors who used to be poser only who now do just DS some only sell through daz but others sell elsewhere. Just think about it if you were putting in the same amount of work as the vendor next to you and you knew they had sales that were not just triple what you were getting but 6 times the amount you would have to consider it.

As I said I love the Hivewire figures and I think we need diversity in the marketplace but I also like the genesis 3 figures and will probably do some things for them also at some point especially if I retire and this income becomes more important to me. That doesn't mean that I will stop doing things for Dawn and Dusk. I see it like doing stuff for the two programs more a case of expanding may repertoire rather than reducing it.

But that's certainly not true for EVERY vendor who moves to DAZ. I know several who moved with the RDNA move and are actually selling LESS than they sold at RDNA.

Products get buried by the sheer output. Some products literally spend only hours on the Whats New page before getting buried on Page 2 or 3.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True to a point, since DAZ releases new items every . . . single . . . day.

Also, for those like myself, a lot of the RDNA products have been around for years, and we've already bought them. They're only "new" in the store, they're not "new" in the 3D marketplace.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I never claimed it was true for all Traci....just said it was understandable if some did move to making DS products. I also was talking generally and not just about vendors who have moved to Daz store.

Not being close with any of the vendors from RDNA I don't know how they personally are doing.

My response was in regard to the flood of DS based items on the market in general and Miss B has a valid point about stuff that is not new. They can't expect sales to be like when it was first released just by changing sites.

If their comments are in regard to new product...yes the market is very competitive for DS stuff and there are some extremely good vendors who have a very loyal customer base...so yes it may take a while for their ds products to reach what they expect. That is only common sense. Selling at Daz does not automatically mean fantastic sales. The product has to be competitive with what is already out there. If as you mentioned in your original post they are making things that are already out there or a similar product then yes the market may already be saturated for that type of stuff.

If it's Poser stuff there are many people who use Poser who in the past have said they won't buy from Daz this could impact on sales for them now also.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think some are overthinking this, honestly.

The bottom line is simple....lots of vendors thought the rainbow was on the DAZ side of the equation. What they did not count on was that when they, and 100 other vendors decide to hop on that rainbow, they bend it to the ground.

You simply can't have 100 people offering 100 pieces of slutwear, and all 100 pieces sell equally. They are simply doing what they did to Vicky4 - milking the market dry.

As for Rendo, well, they've made some really serious missteps in the last year that have cost them dearly. Between the credit card hacks (3 times, wasn't it?), the website redesign that the customers hated, and the flood of DAZ products, most of the Poser folks have simply moved on from Rendo. And, since their community manager told folks who hated the site redesign "there's the door," I doubt they will return any time soon.

I would agree with all of that, I was one of the ones that had my card defrauded and even warned Rendo as that card was only used for purchases on their site. The original response was that it could not be them as they did not hold customer's card details. The same card was done again and also a different card so I was impacted three times. To their credit they did finally admit to the problem and I was able to supply my credit card companies with the statement so they could see I was not being negligent, well other than shopping at Rendo of course. I was not impacted anywhere near as much as some who had international flight charged to their card and, while it was a hassle I did not lose out financially. That had very little impact on my decision to stop buying there though and I continued to do so for some months. My reason to stop buying was the completely inept way in which the changes to the Prime membership was handled which included, but was not limited to, some high ranking management staff members lying and the vendors later being thrown under a bus in an attempt to move the blame. Add to that the inability to moderate the endless arguments, particularly in the Poser forum, which also included on occasions, hateful discussions on both politics and religion then words like rats and sinking ships come to mind.

Personally I used to spend well in excess of $100 each month which dropped to zero for many months and even now, well over a year later, is still only averaging $10 or less. This has nothing to do with the lack of Poser stuff, although it is still very hard to find. I used to visit the Rendo forums everyday and only recently have I started to pop back in but the Poser forum is a shadow of it's former self. I also deleted my gallery of over 200 images built up over 10 years thanks to their adding advertising that overwhelmed the uploaded images. Finally, while it does not affect me, their policy of being unable to link to other sites, including freebie sites appears to be hated my a vast number of people. Rendo may well start to include more Poser content but they have lost a large number of Poser buyers that they will struggle to regain and you can hardly blame the vendors for catering to the buying customers that is left at Rendo.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I completely forgot about the Prime situation - my renewal date was well ahead of the annual Prime shin dig and there was already little available to those of us who didn't use Genesis figures or V4, so I didn't bother to renew it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of shaders... are all shaders considered merchant's resources, or do they specifically have to say they are? I know ones which have some texture images included have to specifically state they are MRs, but what if they don't?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Speaking of shaders... are all shaders considered merchant's resources, or do they specifically have to say they are? I know ones which have some texture images included have to specifically state they are MRs, but what if they don't?

No, not all are. None of Fabiana's, for instance, are MRs. But, she also makes that very clear on the sales page.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I still haven't used the shaders i bought from Vince Bagna yet. However, I thought you guys might like to know that Ghostship has created some interesting shaders as well and is showcasing them over at the Renderosity Poser forum in a thread called "Coffee for Boni".

Products get buried by the sheer output. Some products literally spend only hours on the Whats New page before getting buried on Page 2 or 3.

So the interesting thing is I did just get those new Shaders, but had it not been for this thread, I probably wouldn't have known they existed. I do get the Daz newsletter with their new releases, but I barely glance at it these days, because most of the time when something catches my eye it's DS only. So I didn't even see the shaders when they were released. I think whether intentional or not, DS may make it difficult for their vendors to sell much Poser content because it's become so few and far between.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So the interesting thing is I did just get those new Shaders, but had it not been for this thread, I probably wouldn't have known they existed. I do get the Daz newsletter with their new releases, but I barely glance at it these days, because most of the time when something catches my eye it's DS only. So I didn't even see the shaders when they were released. I think whether intentional or not, DS may make it difficult for their vendors to sell much Poser content because it's become so few and far between.

Yeah, I don't even get the newsletter from DAZ and rarely check the store - waste of time usually.

I found the shaders from Vince based solely on word of mouth.

eclark1894

Visionary
The thing is, I happen to know Vince's shaders sold way more than a few in the first 4 hours alone.
Actually, that doesn't really surprise me. I bought both shader packs. Frankly, I've never understood why Poser doesn't have more Firefly shaders available for sale. Or I'm just looking in the wrong place. I can put together a decent shader, mind you, but I'd kill to have Bagginsbill put together a shader pack for Firefly that I could just click on to load.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Actually, that doesn't really surprise me. I bought both shader packs. Frankly, I've never understood why Poser doesn't have more Firefly shaders available for sale. Or I'm just looking in the wrong place. I can put together a decent shader, mind you, but I'd kill to have Bagginsbill put together a shader pack for Firefly that I could just click on to load.

Well, kolbaltkween has some really nice shader packs for Firefly over at Rendo and I consider her at least as knowledgeable as Bagginsbill.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'd kill to have Bagginsbill put together a shader pack for Firefly that I could just click on to load.
Have you checked his site where he uploads his goodies? I don't know if he has any Shader packs there, and I'm not sure if they would be FireFly, but it's always a good bet to check since he has such a huuuuuge selection of goodies to offer.