• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Anyone else get this email? Text pasted from email below:

Dear Customer

We are very excited to make a groundbreaking announcement today. Runtime DNA Inc., and Daz3D recently merged. Yes, it’s true! We are thrilled to become part of one of the most successful companies in our industry and we want you to be the first to know.

In the past month we have been on site at Daz to witness so much of what they have to offer. The atmosphere for published artists and customers alike is outstanding. With active, helpful forums, a great customer service staff, and beautiful galleries, Daz is state of the art.

We’ve become part of a group of people who truly care about our success. Daz and Runtime DNA share the same core values with regard to you, the member and customer. It is one of most compelling reasons for us to take such a giant leap forward. Seeing is after all, believing. We had the chance to do so. As a result we are able to come to you today with such a powerful sense of renewal and confidence in our work, and what we are about to accomplish.

As many of you know, in July of 2015 we began releasing Daz Studio products into the Runtime DNA marketplace. An instant hit in our store, Daz users everywhere contacted us through email and on site to let us know how happy they were to see us making DAZ products. We had a decision to make, and the choice was clear. We built a new artistic platform for ourselves and we’re so proud to become part of the Daz team.

As we move in this powerful new direction we will work together with the web team at Daz to facilitate a smooth transition from Runtime DNA to DAZ. Right now, everything is the same, the store is open, and the forums are running. I am sure your questions are many so let us cover a few key points now so you know exactly how this will affect you and your purchases.

If you wish to merge your DNA account with your DAZ account, simply do the following:

• If your login email address is the same at both sites, then you don’t need to do anything. As products migrate from DNA to Daz you’ll just see them show up in your account at Daz.

• If you use a different email address at the two sites, please change the email address on your Runtime DNA account to match the one on your Daz Account.

• If you do not already have a Daz account, please create one, using the same email address as you use on your account at Runtime DNA.
All your downloads at DNA are currently available through runtimeDNA.com and will be for several weeks. The forums and Gallery will remain open. Please continue as you are.

Product Support Teams from DAZ and Runtime DNA will work together to ensure any questions you have are easily and professionally managed.

We are forging a new way, a new life, and moving in a new direction. Runtime DNA is now at home inside the explosive world of Daz3D. The Daz commitment to excellence is unwavering. Their technology keeps growing and expanding in a fluid, dynamic atmosphere of unbounded creative strength. Runtime DNA has always been an artistic tour de force. Together the future is so much brighter. We’ve become one and we want you to join us. Be a part of it all!

Syyd, Colm and Eric

I would say will probably go the way poser support has gone on DAZ 3d store. It is a blow to those who want to use G2 and earlier content. I have both G3 female and male Pro packs just because I am a digital hoarder. but I hate...using daz studio. I have tired 4.5, 4.8 extensively and now have 4.9 on my main computer. It is very annoying if I install a product using 4.9 since it is not available for poser. And I am not talking about G3 content or anything that is new. I just mean if I load something old that is still in native poser format it is encrypted and if I want to use it on poser I have to re-download and double up using my my limited isp bandwidth. I know I can download from dim or the old fashioned way but the only reason I would use studio 4.9 is because is is just easier to get content when you are making a render. But if it is not there for my other programs its totally not worth it.

SimonJM

Enthusiast
I am not concerned about Poser support (I do have Poser, but seldom use it) with the merger, that would depend, I guess, on what PAs go with the move. The interesting one for me would be the support of Reality.

frogimus

Adventurous
Wonder if any of the RDNA vendors are gonna pull their stuff?

A few of my favorite artists sell through RDNA. Hope they move here.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What about the scripts that make Poser so much easier to use? I can't really see DAZ continuing to support those creators easily.

Makes me want to cry.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I haven't received that email, and until I do, I'm not believing it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep. NOT impressed.

I just don't see this as anything other than a Corporate buy-out to bury what they see as a competitor. I see it as nothing less than Daz being greedy SOB's who want a total monopoly on the hobby and just like Walmart and Microsoft, they will buy out and swallow up anything that they can to get there. They'll keep RDNA's DS content, double the price, and then mothball all the Poser content and Poser-only vendors.

RDNA did a fair amount of Poser support, and still supported the Gen4's. I expect to see all of that disappear pretty soon. Merging with RDNA does not benefit Daz in any way at all, other than to push out the Poser and Gen4 content support in order to try and force people to move over to DS and their content.

Yes. I'm cynical. I've watched Daz's behavior change over the years, and I have no mistaken impressions about Daz's business ethics being good for any consumer.

I bloody detest the idea of monopolies and big business buyouts used as a method to ensure there is as little competition as possible.

On the other hand, maybe this will help sites like HiveWire here and Dana's site to blossom a bit more, as the Poser-only vendors and hobbyists will no doubt be looking for a place where they can do their thing.

That's all I will say on the matter for now. I'll sit by and watch to see how it pans out, but I am SO not holding my breath.

This pisses me off.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I am so bummed about this. I'll have to go buy everything in my RDNA wishlist so I'm sure I can get them before they disappear into the ether.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yep totally agree Seliah...Daz are greedy SOB's and nothing will ever change that...