• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rowan54's Products on Hivewire3D

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm near there now. Moved about 3 years ago. But when I lived out of state and visited my son in Tacoma I would always go to Snoqualmie.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Probably to look at the falls? I stop there frequently. It's quite the sight! I have walked to the base of the falls from home several times (mile or so away). On quiet mornings, or when it's in flood, can hear it from here.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I found out about the falls because of Twin Peaks. I went once and went every time I visited the area after that. They are gorgeous. There's an antique train car that I took photographs of and they are some of the best photos I've ever taken. Isn't it quite snowy in that area?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Well, the mountains are snowy, and hopefully hold the snow pack until spring. (When it doesn't, we have a flood.) Where I am, it snows once or twice a winter, but I'm at about 220 feet of elevation.

Home
They have rides on trains in Snoqualmie, and currently are repairing some of the old cars and engines. Link goes to what I think is one of several websites about those trains.

And that is a really nice texture photo you posted. I've taken photos of the old trains a few times. But didn't get in that close!

Twin Peaks was quite the phenomenon. First show, I saw people I recognized as extras (called them up and teased them about "next stop Hollywood, eh?"), and once ran into one of the show's stars in the Snoqualmie post office. ("Donna Hayward", Lara Flynn Boyle). (I nodded in greeting and, since she had an armload of boxes, left her to mailing stuff.)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
My friend and were at the "Cow Pasture" (newly in store Cow Pasture Backgrounds - A Rowan54 Creation at HiveWire 3D) to cut wood and get it out of the way of motley collection of bovines (and other hooved beings) in that pasture. My job was to see that the gate was opened and closed quickly so there would be no escapes, and to keep the overly friendly critters from nudging my friend while he was using the chainsaw. (Well, I helped load wood, too.)
However, since I was new there, everyone was curious. Ever have a water buffalo come up within 3 feet to see what you are? Thing weighed more than our vehicle, and I'm not familiar enough with these know how skittish they are.
Then the young longhorn (only about 6-7 feet spread on the horns) came in really close and was trying to lick my forehead, or something. It also weighed as much as the truck, and I couldn't back up any further. WAY too close.
At least this wasn't quite as close as encounter as the previous time we'd been there, where I was inside the truck (with canopy on) trying to stack wood so we'd get more in, and one of the goats jumped into the truck. "Wow! Let's go for a ride!" and I'm like, "out...out...come on, shoo". At least goats weigh less than I do, usually.
The water buffalo, especially one of them, kept trying to come up behind my friend while he was running the chainsaw on trees and I kept having to stand there and go "Shoo!". (It weighs about a ton and I'm flapping my hands and going "Shoo!"? Seriously? What amazed me is that it worked. At least it kept backing up ten feet or so.)

long horn.jpg

This one is the overly friendly long horn.

water buffalo.jpg

This is WAY too close to the water buffalo.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The owners of this particular pasture had quite a number of different animals in there because they make exotic cheese in their small scale cheese factory, and occasionally rent the pasture to someone else who needs space for a critter or two.
Besides the water buffalo, the long horns, sheep, and goats which I saw up close and personal, I've seen quite the variety while we were driving by. Including horses, a yak, donkeys, and several hooved creatures we couldn't identify. At least not from a glimpse caught while cruising by at 50 mph.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
If anyone has any renders using my backgrounds, please, do post them here! I'd like to see them.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I thought I'd found all of the pictures I'd done with my own backgrounds, but I missed at least one. This one is from Foggy Walk....which isn't obvious unless you look at the distant background behind the arch.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Wild Trail Backgrounds - A Rowan54 Creation at HiveWire 3D is in the store.

These photos came from three different places on or near the Snoqualmie Valley Trail in the Snoqualmie Valley. Some are side trails. Some are from an abandoned section of the trail. And some are from a side trail, formerly part of a logging road, that zig-zags down a hillside.

This is a BRAND NEW background set that has never been anywhere else before. The last of the photos were taken only a few days before this was submitted here.