Rowan54's Products on Hivewire3D

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Rowan54, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I was wondering how you guys were doing up there. Glad to hear you guys are surviving all the snow.

2. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

We didn't lose power, so just are staying home. Hopefully it's going to melt in the next few days!

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Good idea. It's always good to stay home when the weather is icky. :confused:

4. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Our power keeps blinking. Which is annoying. And a little scary. This is NOT the type of weather you want the power off during. Well, it's annoying ANY time, but subfreezing to barely above and deep snow is particularly nasty. We did without power for 8 days once during freezing weather in winter, and its survivable, but a major problem. And it's only survivable with enough fuel on hand, and right now, we're low due to having already had more than a week of cold weather. (When the snow goes, I'll be out in the woods dragging in fallen branches to cut up for the next batch of firewood.)

Janet likes this.
  5. Alisa

Yikes - yeah, that's been my worry thru this cold spell - we're all electric. We do have a generator, but we would have to shove a cord thru a slightly open window and hope it would work with a space heater. Miss the woodstove we had in our last place.

Janet likes this.
  6. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Waded to the mailbox. The snow is a foot deep out there, except for where the driveway makes a corner at the bottom. That was two feet deep, which is knee deep on me. In normal weather I can go down and back in 10-15 minutes (at a leisurely pace), today it took more than an hour and was extremely hard work. Fell three times. One sitz mark, two knee-drops. The knee drops were in the knee deep snow, because it's very hard to move forwards when it's that deep. I was dragging a sled as well because I was expecting a sizeable package (which wasn't there yet).

Meanwhile, have seen two huge branches go down. Both in places I'd just been working.

And someone harassed the skunk that lives in my house. (No, not my choice to have it here. But you can't trap, shoot, shoo, chase, scare or harass them...because the consequences are horrendous. This leaves almost no way to get it to leave until it wants to.) Fortunately the incident happened in the basement, which we can avoid until the smell thins out a little.
    Meanwhile, my neighbor found out that he had a skunk in his closet when he saw the fluffy tail. It was hiding in behind a pile of stuff and coming out to eat the cat food. (Older houses, they have interesting little holes here and there. Stuff gets in.) What makes that skunk even more entertaining, is that he's heard babies squeaking. His indoor cat is ignoring the creature, fortunately.
    Both would be little striped skunks. I think the one at my house is the one I've seen occasionally over several years. I call it "Stinky".

7. Alisa

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!