Rowan54's Products on Hivewire3D

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Rowan54, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

This could be Rowan54, except she needs to be in her morning robe. Certainly looks like her background and all the critters.

Deeridea.jpg

2. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

I'm slightly older (couph, couph) as well. But otherwise looks pretty much like.
    Lovely picture!

3. Rowan54

My latest package is now live in the store!
    Rivers Backgrounds - A Rowan54 Creation at HiveWire 3D

These photos have been taken a few at a time of three different rivers, and over a number of years. Several cameras were involved as well.
    Several were taken next to the Mountain Loop highway in the Cascade mountains. Those would be Stillaguamish River and Sauk River. (These photos are near some of the locations I used for the Campsites set of photos.)
    Others were taken at various locations near the Snoqualmie River in the Snoqualmie Valley, including right next to Fall City. (There are glints of color between the trees on the left side of some of the Fall City photos that are the buildings on main street.)
    Several were actually taken on the Mill Pond in Snoqualmie, which is one of those "oxbow lakes" in a spot where the river USED to be.

Rae134 likes this.
  4. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Beautiful images :)

5. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I looked through them Rowan, and they're a really nice set. I especially liked the photos with the mountains across the river. Very nice indeed.

6. Rowan54

That's Mount Si, across the Mill Pond in Snoqualmie. (The Mill Pond USED to be part of the river.) It's a favorite scenic view. Usually the weather isn't quite that perfect for a photo, though.
    That's the pond for what used to be the lumber mill there -- the same mill that was in the opening credits of "Twin Peaks" before the mill burned down one night. Used to be that'd be full of logs, instead of a wide clear area of water like it is now. Still metal and bits of stuff sunken along the edges.

mininessie and Chris like this.
  7. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Beautiful product imagery for sure. Makes me homesick for my homeland of Washington state.

Rowan54 and Alisa like this.
  8. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Heading for my shopping cart in the next few minutes, lovely set.

Rowan54 likes this.
  9. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

and Oregon!

10. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

I second that!

11. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Got my set! :)

love how you always have ground/water that's ideal for placing poser figures!

12. Rowan54

Thanks!

I have a story I've been doing for years (not posted anywhere right now), which uses Bryce renders, photo backgrounds, whatever backgrounds with the figures pasted in in Photoshop. After working on that for a while, I got a really good idea what worked and what didn't for inserting figures. At least as far as what was needed for a clear area for them to stand.

As a result, I try to take the photos so that there is a clear area for putting a figure in in the front, at least. And if possible, a space for putting someone in the middle distance or the background. Sometimes, those aren't possible with natural scenery, not without a lot of work. But I do always only use the photos that would actually work for inserting rendered figures SOMEWHERE in the picture. That plus trying to get the photos as clear as I can, to work as a set, and have as little in the way of man-made items as possible, is why creating these sets takes so much time.

(Yes, I'm working on more of them. Sorting through collected photos, seeing what would work...several almost-sets in progress.)