• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, when it warms back up I plan on doing long fast walks again, that always helps a bit!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
My housemate stands up once an hour and walks in place for 5 minutes before going back to the computer. It helps. Not as much exercise as he needs, but it definitely helps. I stand up and walk in place frequently as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know Rowan, he might like getting one of those desk/chair sets that work when you're standing, and then can be adjusted for you to sit.

I personally don't like walking in place, so I take power walks around the neighborhood for a 1/2 hour at least 3 or 4 times a week. Then again, I also go to the gym once or twice a week as well.

The old saying is, if you want to keep moving, you have to keep moving. I always thought it a strange statement, but since doing it regularly the past few years, I've learned to appreciate it more than when I was younger.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
He only wants to stand up for the exact five minutes that's he's doing his official exercise, not likely to be a popular idea with him.
However, *I* would be interested in being able to stand to work. I'm the one who wants to move around for an hour straight sometimes....in between going for walks or doing the chores. I've thought of those desks, but they're a little out of my range right now.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have a standing desk and have a rowing machine I never use. I need to walk outdoors or in a gym on a treadmill. Left to my own devices and in my current environment I just don't exercise in the house! Sad but true!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I used to use the treadmill in my gym years ago but, especially in nice weather, I prefer to walk in the neighborhood, as staring at a TV screen that isn't showing something I'd like to watch, is booooooooring. It's either that or the back of the head of the gal on the treadmill in the row in front of the one I'm on. Nope, don't think so.

My gym has the rowing machines also, but I don't use them too often.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What's your secret? I eat healthy and have always been skinny but in the last couple of years I have shot up from 165/170 to 200. I've all but given up on trying to figure this out. I'm usually the guy that folks ask advice for this or that regarding health but when it comes to this belly of mine it's out of control! I feel pregnant! AND I look pregnant! LOL
If its just belly fat and not so much anywhere else it could be your diabetes as hormones usually effect just the belly fat area.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've heard of that as well. I don't personally know anyone with diabetes, so can't check on that, but I have heard folks talk about it.

My doctor told me 3 years ago this coming April she wanted me to lose 20 lbs. over the next couple years. I can't say I really went on a diet, but I did watch the amounts of certain foods, and I lost the weight, though it took a little over 2 years to do. She always told me it's not healthy to lose more than 10 lbs. a year, or at most, 1 lb. a month.

Needless to say, everyone's different, and at my age, my metabolism isn't what it used to be, so I couldn't have lost weight faster if I wanted to.

DanaTA

Distinguished
What's your secret? I eat healthy and have always been skinny but in the last couple of years I have shot up from 165/170 to 200. I've all but given up on trying to figure this out. I'm usually the guy that folks ask advice for this or that regarding health but when it comes to this belly of mine it's out of control! I feel pregnant! AND I look pregnant! LOL
I eat two meals a day...and a little snacking on Honey Nut Cheerios. I have cut down soda to just about 3 to 5 ounces, once a day (with supper). Can't quit my Dr. Pepper entirely! For firstmeal TM, I most often have a sandwich of Jif peanut butter and either Welch's Natural Strawberry spread (no high fructose corn syrup), or Polinar All Fruit (no corn syrup at all), on Dave's Killer Breads 21 Whole Grains and Seeds. This bread has 5 grams of fiber in one slice! It's well known that fiber in amounts greater than 4 to 5 grams has the effect of fighting or cancelling some of the sugars you take in. Now and then, I switch it up and have a sausage, egg and cheese on this same bread. I have a glass with about 3 to 5 ounces of a pure fruit juice with that. After than, I snack on a little (sometimes more than a little) Honey Nut Cheerios. They claim it helps lower cholesterol. I believe it. I have always had high numbers of cholesterol, until the most recent blood test, and I credit this cereal! No milk, just dump some into my hand and munch! At night, when I watch the news, I have a mug of hot tea...one of the Bigelow varieties. I really like the Cinnamon Stick, Lemon Lift, and Earl Grey. I don't use sugar, and I don't use those pink packets or the yellow ones. I get Stevia in the Raw. During the summer, I was making jugs of the Lemon Lift for iced tea. I enjoyed that a lot. Sometimes I'll have this new Quaker Oatmeal that I found: High Fiber Maple and Brown Sugar. It has 10 grams of fiber in one serving. I will sometimes have an apple or a pear. I like the Honey Crisp apples. I have cut out regular sweets. I'll have a little bit of a Zero bar very occassionally. I used to eat the entire thing in one sitting. These days, I'll take a few little bites, then put it in a freezer zip bag and have some more in a day or two. A Giant bar last me quite a few days. Before bed, I have one Grape Seed Extract with some water, and two dark chocolate Kisses. These are both purported to help lower blood pressure. I saw that it is suggested to take things for BP before bed. Sleeping in bed seems to be the time when it's the highest. I guess maybe because you're laying out flat, so more blood goes to your head. I am just guessing, though.

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have three dis-eases .... Diabetes II, Autonomic Nervous System Disorder (yea, it's real, Stanford has an entire UNIT for this, I've been to it) and HIV (30 years living with it) So I KNOW that the HIV and meds can cause body fat redistribution to the belly and upper back (causing a hump back sort of look, which thankfully I don't have) and yes, diabetes can do the same thing. I know there are drugs I could ask my doctor for to control that a bit more but I really don't want to be on more pills! :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have three dis-eases .... Diabetes II, Autonomic Nervous System Disorder (yea, it's real, Stanford has an entire UNIT for this, I've been to it) and HIV (30 years living with it) So I KNOW that the HIV and meds can cause body fat redistribution to the belly and upper back (causing a hump back sort of look, which thankfully I don't have) and yes, diabetes can do the same thing. I know there are drugs I could ask my doctor for to control that a bit more but I really don't want to be on more pills! :(
I try to avoid medicine as much as possible. I am only on one, for acid reflux, and a low dose aspirin daily. Sorry you have such ailments. You seem to be dealing with them quite well, though.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm only on 2 medications, plus low dose asprin. The rest are vitamins and nutrients.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Dana, As you and I are friends on Facebook I'm pretty open about my health struggles there. I'm sort of an open book when it comes to life and all it's ups and downs. I try not to be overly so as I don't want to turn folks off but it's my reality and honestly I do pretty good all things considered. The belly, if that's the only thing I have going on that I hate about my health and well being I can deal! LOL It's not like I'm young and horny! Back when I was in that state of mind and being I worked out 5 days a week at the gym to keep my body strong and muscular. With COVID my gym membership waned and I KNOW part of the issue is not exercising. Like I mentioned, when it warms up a bit more I'm getting out there and doing my long, fast walks again, that will help!

eclark1894

Visionary
So I was watching YouTube and I happened upon a video of Mythbusters TV show. They were trying to see how strong two phonebooks with interlocking pages were. One of the stars says' It one of those Myths that anybody can check at home because "EVERYBODY'S GOT A PHONE BOOK". I had thought about this the other day, and that was said back in 2009. Question does anyone have a phone book any more? Do you youngsters even KNOW what a phonebook is- um- was?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I try to avoid medicine as much as possible. I am only on one, for acid reflux, and a low dose aspirin daily. Sorry you have such ailments. You seem to be dealing with them quite well, though.

Dana
this may sound wacky!, you know pineapple will help with that, believe it or not.

I had to start taking Nexium maybe 2 months ago for that... so I tried my cooked concoction I take ( ginger, ACV, garlic, lemons ) with the addition of pineapple.. within days it fixed itself up and haven't taken Nexium since. :)

robert952

Brilliant
this may sound wacky!, you know pineapple will help with that, believe it or not.

I had to start taking Nexium maybe 2 months ago for that... so I tried my cooked concoction I take ( ginger, ACV, garlic, lemons ) with the addition of pineapple.. within days it fixed itself up and haven't taken Nexium since. :)
How much pineapple and what is the recipe for the other concoction? Asking for a friend.

robert952

Brilliant
So I was watching YouTube and I happened upon a video of Mythbusters TV show. They were trying to see how strong two phonebooks with interlocking pages were. One of the stars says' It one of those Myths that anybody can check at home because "EVERYBODY'S GOT A PHONE BOOK". I had thought about this the other day, and that was said back in 2009. Question does anyone have a phone book any more? Do you youngsters even KNOW what a phonebook is- um- was?
I haven't had or used a phone book since about 2009. Not sure when they stopped the annual delivery of them. Probably about the time I dropped my land line. But that's how we looked up addresses and phone numbers pre-WWW. (And used paper maps to figure how to get to the desired address. I actually got pretty good at refolding those maps, too. Now a lost art. ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'm just making a new batch right now...

5 lemons
3 garlics
2 lumps Ginger
500ml apple cider vinegar with mother
500ml water
1 full pineapple

Pure honey 250 - 500ml

cut all the ingredients up into a pot
add the ACV and the water not the honey!

bring to the boil then simmer for 40 -45 minutes ( mine is simmering now )

after that strain into another pot and when cooler add the honey
mix well
add the liquid to a container and put in the fridge. Mine lasts me a month.

every morning you can either

1. take two dessert spoons before brekky

2. add to a glass and mix some pure fruit juice ( I do this and add pineapple juice ) and drink it.

:inverted: ;)