• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Thing was, when I was a little kid, I didn't like candy. Any candy. My parents kept trying to get me to eat it. Generally, I'd taste one and then get creative.
1609963108142.png
Alien! :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think my favorite candy when I was (much) younger, was Milky Way bars, especially at the local movie theaters, where they were extra large. ;)
And extra expensive! When I was a kid, we'd buy candy at a drug store across the street and take that in with us. These days they frown upon that. Those outrageous prices are how they really make their money! Come on. A cup of soda at a movie theater costs more than a 2 liter bottle at the market!

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
And extra expensive! When I was a kid, we'd buy candy at a drug store across the street and take that in with us. These days they frown upon that. Those outrageous prices are how they really make their money! Come on. A cup of soda at a movie theater costs more than a 2 liter bottle at the market!

Dana
I never bought movie candy. Regular candy at the store was like anywhere from a nickel to a dime. The sodas were a dime. I remember when they went up to fifteen cents!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
wow... never heard of 99% of all those items

for me though
can't go past the Weston's Wagon Wheels

as a matter of fact I still have them albeit mini sized ones :inverted: :balloon03:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
wow... never heard of 99% of all those items

for me though
can't go past the Weston's Wagon Wheels

as a matter of fact I still have them albeit mini sized ones :inverted: :balloon03:
I think its because they are mostly American sweets.

Love Wagon Wheels and yes, they're not as big as they used to be, maybe pony cart sized now? lol

DanaTA

Distinguished
I never bought movie candy. Regular candy at the store was like anywhere from a nickel to a dime. The sodas were a dime. I remember when they went up to fifteen cents!
I remember when they went up to twelve cents, then to fifteen. And they started deposits on the glass bottles. $.02 for the small bottles, $.05 for the quart bottles. Glass bottles were better. I think they kept the soda cold longer.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember when they went up to twelve cents, then to fifteen. And they started deposits on the glass bottles. $.02 for the small bottles, $.05 for the quart bottles. Glass bottles were better. I think they kept the soda cold longer.

Dana
oh, yeah, we used to collect glass bottles and take them to the store.

eclark1894

Visionary

Dana
I used to freeze my pepsi and coke sodas in glass bottles. They froze within thirty minutes or so. I never let them freeze all the way though. Just long enough to make them slushy. But yeah, I think glass made the sodas taste better too.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Penny candy really was a penny. And often you'd get more than one piece for the penny. Like the white chocolate cowboy themed candy. I'd get a bunch, then a pastry by Drake's or Hostess, or perhaps a small blueberry pie by TableTalk. And a bottle of soda, and a bag of chips...all for about a quarter or $.35.

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I remember buying an ice block for threepence, a paddle pop for sixpence and a cornetto for a shilling!

I would get the iceblock, my older siblings would get the paddlepops and mum & dad would get the Cornettos!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Penny candy really was a penny. And often you'd get more than one piece for the penny. Like the white chocolate cowboy themed candy. I'd get a bunch, then a pastry by Drake's or Hostess, or perhaps a small blueberry pie by TableTalk. And a bottle of soda, and a bag of chips...all for about a quarter or $.35.

Dana
All this talk reminds me of the 5 and 10 cent stores, where you could get everything for 5 or 10 cents.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yep.. I see no mention of musk sticks and pollywaffles :inverted:
they do still make musk sticks (one of my faves) and I heard a rumour that pollywaffles (another fave) are coming back

I remember buying an ice block for threepence, a paddle pop for sixpence and a cornetto for a shilling!

I would get the iceblock, my older siblings would get the paddlepops and mum & dad would get the Cornettos!
I was born 6 years after Australia changed currencies lol. But I remember you could get a bag of lollies for 20 cents (and depending on what lollies were in there you'd get between 15-to 25 lollies)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist

Dana
LOL. OMG. You sound like a sugar fiend like myself! LOL Even to this day with Diabetes II I'm too tempted so I just don't keep sweets in the house (yea right lol)

DanaTA

Distinguished
LOL. OMG. You sound like a sugar fiend like myself! LOL Even to this day with Diabetes II I'm too tempted so I just don't keep sweets in the house (yea right lol)
Yes...me, too. I've always had a wicked sweet tooth. Add to that, when I was working at COMDEX, I was making good money, and we dined out every Friday night. In 2001 I weighed around 215. I am down to 168. But at the beginning of the Summer, I was down to 153.

But I've gotten it under control very well. My last two quarterly blood tests showed my A1C at 5.4 and 5.5. No medication!

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
What's your secret? I eat healthy and have always been skinny but in the last couple of years I have shot up from 165/170 to 200. I've all but given up on trying to figure this out. I'm usually the guy that folks ask advice for this or that regarding health but when it comes to this belly of mine it's out of control! I feel pregnant! AND I look pregnant! LOL

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Spending more time sitting at the computer? Less exercise? That always does it for me for the weight going up.