• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

DanaTA

Distinguished
So I was watching YouTube and I happened upon a video of Mythbusters TV show. They were trying to see how strong two phonebooks with interlocking pages were. One of the stars says' It one of those Myths that anybody can check at home because "EVERYBODY'S GOT A PHONE BOOK". I had thought about this the other day, and that was said back in 2009. Question does anyone have a phone book any more? Do you youngsters even KNOW what a phonebook is- um- was?

Actually, we get a phone book delivered every year. I think it's only Yellow pages. I don't use it, but my wife likes to have it around. I think they're not very useful anymore, really. White pages would still be useful sometimes. Try to look up someone online. The results are full, but it seems every one of them wants you to pay to see the number.

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
I'm just making a new batch right now...

5 lemons
3 garlics
2 lumps Ginger
500ml apple cider vinegar with mother
500ml water
1 full pineapple

Pure honey 250 - 500ml

cut all the ingredients up into a pot
add the ACV and the water not the honey!

bring to the boil then simmer for 40 -45 minutes ( mine is simmering now )

after that strain into another pot and when cooler add the honey
mix well
add the liquid to a container and put in the fridge. Mine lasts me a month.

every morning you can either

1. take two dessert spoons before brekky

2. add to a glass and mix some pure fruit juice ( I do this and add pineapple juice ) and drink it.

:inverted: ;)
Thanks. May have to give it a try. (Nexium doesn't seem to control it as well as it used to. Not sure if you there's a diminishing effect with Nexium.)

Terre

Renowned
Part of the problem with Suzy Qs was Hostess went under and the name and products got purchased by another company which then started making the same products. Sounds like they changed at least one recipe a bit. Likely more. Hostess Brands - Wikipedia

DanaTA

Distinguished
I switched away from Hostess products, mostly, years ago. I found they were getting cheap, and the Donettes were dry. I found Entenman's were much better. And I found a brand, I think it's Grandma's, that makes better snowballs. I don't eat much of that stuff anymore, sadly. Can't.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
We didn't actually get a car until I was about 17, and I bought it myself, used from my best friend's father. It was a 1963 Chevy Impala, brown.

1614600524335.png

eclark1894

Visionary
This was my 2nd car. Also bought and paid for by me. When I saw this one, for a moment there I thought someone had taken a picture of me from when I had it, and posted it on the internet. ;)

Here's a 1967 Galaxie 500.

1614619583245.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
My first vehicle was one of these: Ford Econoline Van. Ran OK for a little while, then started to overheat going across the city on a cool, rainy, night. Standard shift...and now and then I had to get out, in the middle of the street in traffic, and whack the linkage under the front end...transmission got stuck. Such fun! :cautious: Never, ever, bought a Ford again!

Ford Econoline Van - early 60s.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Next was a 1966 Chrysler Newport. It was beige with a red interior. That thing moved! Got it in 1972. Had it until 1974. Was driving to an overnight to start our honeymoon, thunderstorm, heavy rain, heard a pop and suddenly the steering got really stiff. Went to New Hampshire for the week. Parking was easy, no parallel parking. But when we got home, I traded it for another car. Parking in the city was difficult with no power steering. Especially with that monster.

1966 Chrysler Newport.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
So, I bought a 1969 Chrysler Newport. Same color as the photo. Same engine as the '66 - 383, positraction rear end. Back when Chrysler made good cars.

1969 Chrysler Newport.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
My fourth car. Again, used, I bought this from some guy for about $100 bucks. Drove it for at least 3 years. 197X Green AMC Hornet. She literally ran until the transmission fell out. :D

1614626895735.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
My fourth car. Again, used, I bought this from some guy for about $100 bucks. Drove it for at least 3 years. 197X Green AMC Hornet. She literally ran until the transmission fell out. :D

View attachment 67524
Oh, each of those vehicles were purchased used, as well. Also, after the '69 Newport, I was without for a while. Then we got a '73 Corolla Wagon automatic transmission. It had been used to two a boat. Bought it in 1979 or 1980. Had it for a couple of years, until my sister borrowed it and crashed it. Didn't have the money to fix it. But until that, I drove it out of town to work every day. Served me well. So well, that I decided to get a Toyota when we came into some money. A 1981 Toyota Starlet, 5-speed manual transmission. Rated at 54mpg, I got 51mpg with it. On December 1, didn't even have it a year, and a girl ran into me. I was going about 30mph. She came out from a side street. Stopped at the stop sign, but didn't look both ways, and came right out at me. Hit my rear driver's side quarter, my right rear wheel hit the corner stone kitty-corner, and the car tipped over onto it's side. I heard all this noise and was trying to regain control when I realized I was sitting on the passenger door. Had to climb out of it like out of a tank or submarine. Bent rear axle. But...no glass was broken, the door wasn't even pushed in, just gouged from sliding on the street. I decided right there that Toyota was the car for me. That car was the least expensive model they made. It lasted me 9 years, and had 110,000 miles on it. I only did oil changes and tire stuff. Replace the alternator. Paid $5,600 for it. At 119,000 miles, it needed a full brake job...front right caliper was shot and frozen. It was going to cost $1,000 for the brake job. I traded it in and got $1,000 for trade! So that car really was a great value!

The Corolla wagon was navy. The Starlet was Peacock Blue, just like in the photo.

1973 Corolla Wagon.jpg
1981 Toyota Starlet.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My first vehicle a 1985 Honda CBX 250S (not my pic but it looked just like it). I left home when I was 16 so didn't have anyone to teach me to drive (in Australia we have to have a licensed person next to us while we are on our L's), on a motorbike you didn't need a licensed person so that's what I got.

1614636259267.png

eclark1894

Visionary
My first vehicle a 1985 Honda CBX 250S (not my pic but it looked just like it). I left home when I was 16 so didn't have anyone to teach me to drive (in Australia we have to have a licensed person next to us while we are on our L's), on a motorbike you didn't need a licensed person so that's what I got.

View attachment 67528
I always wanted a bike but was too afraid to get one. Not because I was afraid to ride, but because I was black and it was the 70's. The US was a whole lot more openly racist back then.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
So, I bought a 1969 Chrysler Newport. Same color as the photo. Same engine as the '66 - 383, positraction rear end. Back when Chrysler made good cars.

View attachment 67523
Had the same thing as a 2 door. Pale turquoise-green with a green interior. 383 4bbl. Used to vapor lock if I ran at over 110 mph for more than a few miles. Let it sit on the side of the road for 10 minutes and away you went yet again. At 109 you could drive the thing till the fuel ran out.