• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Do you know these cartoon Characters?
1619383156248.png
1619383198624.png
1619383245202.png
1619383361122.png
1619383421526.png
1619383717630.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Maguilla Guerilla, Atom Ant, Quickdraw Mcgraw, Popeye, Heckle and Jeckle ... don't know the last one.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I know all of them, but the last I'm not positive about. I'm thinking Wendy the good witch, or friendly witch, or something like that.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
It's Wendy, the Good Little Witch. Friend of Casper, the Friendly Ghost. I really thought it would be harder to get Heckle and Jeckle, but KageRyu got them right away. Also, he named Popeye, but not Bluto or Olive Oyl. And he mispelled Magilla Gorilla.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's Wendy, the Good Little Witch. Friend of Casper, the Friendly Ghost. I really thought it would be harder to get Heckle and Jeckle, but KageRyu got them right away. Also, he named Popeye, but not Bluto or Olive Oyl. And he mispelled Magilla Gorilla.
Ah, so I was right about Wendy! I knew Bluto and Olive Oyl, though I would have spelled that Oil...never saw it spelled out before.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Ah, so I was right about Wendy! I knew Bluto and Olive Oyl, though I would have spelled that Oil...never saw it spelled out before.

Dana
This might interest you then. She actually predates Popeye by ten years! And she's got a brother named Castor Oyl.
Olive Oyl .
And something I just found out today, she is NOT Swee' Pea's mother! Swee'Pea is a foundling.

1619456898328.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you really want to watch a fun movie that was panned by some critics, watch Popeye with Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall. All the characters are there, including Castor and Nana and Cole (the Oye parents), Swee'pea, Poopdeck Pappy, Bluto, Wimpy, and soo many others. The best part really is when Popeye finds Swee'pea in a basket.

The scenery (water) is amazing, but that's a given considering it was filmed on Malta.

eclark1894

Visionary
If you really want to watch a fun movie that was panned by some critics, watch Popeye with Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall. All the characters are there, including Castor and Nana and Cole (the Oye parents), Swee'pea, Poopdeck Pappy, Bluto, Wimpy, and soo many others. The best part really is when Popeye finds Swee'pea in a basket.

The scenery (water) is amazing, but that's a given considering it was filmed on Malta.
I saw the movie when it first came out. I have to admit Miss Duvall did sound like Olive Oyl. And Robin Williams nailed Popeye.

1619460976393.png
I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach, I'm Popeye, the sailor man! :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I never said I could spell.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I remember Foghorn Leghorn, Johnny Quest, Top Cat, Deputy Dawg (I think)...can't remember the name of that dog that was always laughing with a kind of wheez. I think the name ends with "ly". None of the others are familiar to me.

Wait, is that a cartoon version of My Mother the Car? I seem to remember they made a cartoon of that.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, you got Foghorn Leghorn. Jonny Quest and Top Cat. The Car's name is Speed Buggy, and the Dog was Muttley. He was Dick Dastardly's dog.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Squidley Diddley, Jabber Jaws, Chilly Willy, I don't know the girl, and the rest have been named.

eclark1894

Visionary
Good show! Got everybody but the girl who is Little Audrey. When i was a kid, I used to go to church on Sunday mornings for Sunday school. Around 11 o'clock or so, Sunday would let out and we'd go to what we called Junior church for kids and young teens. If you didn't want to go, you could walk around downtown for awhile. Which a lot of us kids did. Well, there used to be a Greyhound bus station near the church, and I'd go there and buy some comics, candy or maybe a shake. Little Audrey, Casper, Richie Rich, Little Dot, Archie, Superman and Spider,man were all comics that I'd buy. Sometimes, I spend my own money, bu sometimes, I'd spend the money I was supposed to put in the church plate. :devil" I know, I'm going to hell for that!

1619914671610.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Writing this thread has stirred up memories of my childhood. I'd always thought about writing a novel about growing up here in NC. Got any ideas for a title? I was thinking on something like, "When I Was a Kid, Things Weren't Like That." I don't have any kids of my own, but I wouldn't might writing the novel and then giving it to my Great nieces and nephews. Who knows, I might even use Dawn and Dusk if I could figure out how to make children out of the figures.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well Dawn has Diva, but noone every made a child for Dusk. At least not that I remember.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Mech4D will be all over that...she said as much in her thread! She is making great kids from Baby Luna, too!

Dana