• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm... I saw them, and yeah i might get them, and Luna, but I hate to mention it, but they're white kids, and I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'm not white. Using them for a story of MY life might not be ...politically correct. ;) I need to check out some of the morphs available. They also appear a little older than I would like. Of course, I didn't sit still for a lot of pictures when I was a kid, but maybe I could find some to go on.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Earl, Mec4D has done several items lately...in development..., not just for Baby Luna, and I'm sure they're not all white characters. Mention it in her thread and I know she'll answer you, and you'll probably be impressed and pleased.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
It seems like my life is flashing before my eyes. Problem is, it's going one day at a time! :sneaky: That's why I've been sharing so many memories with you guys. Today's memory: water beds. I've never owned one myself, my brother did though. Sucker was huge and heavy. Frankly, looking back, I don't know how anyone could ever sleep on them. But I found myself putting a down payment on one at a store for them to hold it for me. I changed my mind though, but never went back to get my deposit back. A few months later the store was gone. Ironically, that's where I used to go to Circuit City to by some of my computer stuff.

1621974781190.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Filled properly, they were great. But all that water could suck the heat right out of your body. For those who ran hot, like my ex, it wasn't a problem. But unless I put padding between the water mattress and the sheet, I'd freeze.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think they had heaters for just that reason. Probably an extra cost, though...not included.

Dana

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Had one for 10 years when I was younger. I loved it, but then I spent a lot of time at sea in those days and I kind of liked the waves. My wife didn't like the waves so I bought a "motionless" one. Hated that one and never had water bed again. The advantage of the motionless ones is that they were multiple tubes instead of the single bag and were less likely to drive your home insurance through the roof when (not if) they got punctured.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember when you were a kid, and you used to get roller skates for Christmas? But two or three months later, you couldn't wear them anymore because, the straps broke or you lost the skate key, or a screw fell out and you lost it? Remember what you did next? You'd find a nice piece of wood and grab a hammer and some nails and head for the meanest and most dangerous curve in the neighborhood! We nicknamed ours, the "Killer Diller". Killer Diller was aptly named. No one died, but I damn showed tried! TWICE! on a skateboard and when I finally got a two wheeler bike. I went out of the parking lot I was learning in, but my brother hadn't shown me how to steer yet or turn. It's amazing how many brushes with death I had as a kid. I once even narrowly escaped getting hit by a train while walking the tracks! I miss those days! :D

1622035279651.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't tell you how many kids I see on skateboards these days. If I don't watch in every direction as I walk in this neighborhood, I would get run into (or over) by someone on a skateboard.

They now even have motorized versions, and those which don't have a steering handles are totally dangerous, but those with the steering handles are at least a bit controllable. I don't like either one, and the "kids" I see on them aren't all that young, so should be better adept at handling them, but I often wonder about that. Why do people invent these things??? ~shakes head~

eclark1894

Visionary
Had another memory tonight. This one is of a framed picture of Martin Luther King that used to hang by the door in my house when I was a kid. It was a couple of years after his death that my mother put it up, and it used to scare the living crap out of me. I wasn't afraid of King, but that picture was spooky as hell because the eyes would follow you around the room. No matter where you went, those eyes were always looking at you. Anyway, I went looking for it on YouTube, but couldn't find one like it. Did find a framed portrait of MLK though. It was a gold frame with an electric light. And I think it was one of those holographic ones that changed if you stood at the right angle. I know my mother used to have one of Jesus knocking at the door that was hanging before the MLK one.

1622176493067.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Found the Jesus one though. Ours looked just like this. I remember thinking about this picture during an episode of Good Times. They did an episode about a Black Jesus painting that J.J. did. James and Michael wanted to put it up until J.J. told him it was Ned the Wino in the painting. :)

1622177060782.png

Terre

Renowned
i've never seen either painting but I do see what you mean about the eyes. That would have spooked me as well.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I was driving earlier, flipping channels on the radio, and I come across Iron Maiden's 2 Minutes to Midnight... I was headbanging along as I drive, having fun, remembering good times. Then the song ended abruptly, and was replaced by this extremely soft spoken, soft, golf announcer type voice saying "thank you for tuning in to WOLD* 95.5, playing the classic hits of our grandparents".
In that moment... suddenly... I knew how my parents must have felt.

*Station Identification and frequency have been changed to protect the extremely uncool.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was driving earlier, flipping channels on the radio, and I come across Iron Maiden's 2 Minutes to Midnight... I was headbanging along as I drive, having fun, remembering good times. Then the song ended abruptly, and was replaced by this extremely soft spoken, soft, golf announcer type voice saying "thank you for tuning in to WOLD* 95.5, playing the classic hits of our grandparents".
In that moment... suddenly... I knew how my parents must have felt.

*Station Identification and frequency have been changed to protect the extremely uncool.
Must be "Classic Rock" station. The one that only plays songs from the 80's and early 90's. I used to be in radio. Even worked at my college station for awhile, which was a mix of everything from R&B, heavy metal, rock, and even jazz. At one point they even played classical, but eventually our GM tossed that. I played all the formats except the classical, but usually only sitting in briefly if someone were late for a shift. I remember Iron Maiden, but not the 2Minutes to Midnight.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember this show called "Starsky and Hutch" from the 70s? Well, since this is a memory thread, I saw this image online and saw the "sweater". I remember this sweater was really popular for a while back in the 70s. In fact, I had a similar one. It was gray, not white. I THINK, but I'm not sure that I have a picture of me or my best friend wearing this style of sweater back then. My best friend, James Robert had a Michael Jackson style Afro that you wouldn't believe. I tried to grow an afro and I did, but it wasn't as big. I think there's an image of me sporting a from in my year book. Speaking of fro's you should have seen the one his little sister had. That sucker was HUGE! :) Sadly, you don't see many fros anymore and you practically don't see any in Poser.
1622314547836.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Must be "Classic Rock" station. The one that only plays songs from the 80's and early 90's. I used to be in radio. Even worked at my college station for awhile, which was a mix of everything from R&B, heavy metal, rock, and even jazz. At one point they even played classical, but eventually our GM tossed that. I played all the formats except the classical, but usually only sitting in briefly if someone were late for a shift. I remember Iron Maiden, but not the 2Minutes to Midnight.
No it was an Oldies station. Though to me hearing Iron Maiden or Twisted Sister on an oldies station just feels wrong.

DanaTA

Distinguished
60s and 70s is Classic Rock. 80s...Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls...not classic rock at all. I did like Duran Duran a bit. Of course, there were Scorpions and Def Leppard, they were good. And I liked Michael Jackson, though he wasn't rock at all. But that New Wave stuff was mostly ugh! 90s...almost no rock left. Now, there's a few good rock bands out there today, and even some good blues. But, some of the best blues you don't hear on the radio, like Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayned Shepard, Johhny Lang, Eric Gayles. I listen to a classic rock station. Every now and then they play one of Kenny Wayne's tunes, but usually an older one. Like Deja VooDoo. First one I heard by him. I thought it was a lost track by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Turns out, Kenny was sort of his protege, so not surprising he sounded like Stevie Ray.

Dana