• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Coolest looking car I've ever driven. Lord knows, I couldn't afford it! I used to work in a radio station, and my program Director's "boyfriend" used to loan it to her. I drove it a few times to go out and get us some lunch. All I know is that it was a Corvette Stingray. I don't know what year it was, but it was back in the 90's, and damn, it was low to the ground!

1614715791907.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh, I used to use the treadmill in my gym years ago but, especially in nice weather, I prefer to walk in the neighborhood, as staring at a TV screen that isn't showing something I'd like to watch, is booooooooring. It's either that or the back of the head of the gal on the treadmill in the row in front of the one I'm on. Nope, don't think so.

My gym has the rowing machines also, but I don't use them too often.
I love rowing machines, but can never find them when I want. Anyway, you can get a exercise bike or barring the whole bike, just the pedals so you can sit down and peddle. I have both. If I only used them...:sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever play with a really large empty box when you were a child? I'm curious to know if I'm the only one. When I was a kid an empty box could become a race car or even a space ship for me to play in. Ironicvally, I never imagined a submarine although as I grew older, I believe they finally got around to giving out those cardboard submarines in the back of comics.

1617047586804.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't own one of these, but my girlfriend's son did. I used to go to New York sometimes on the train, so I would borrow it and play Ninja Turtles to pass the time during the thirteen hour train ride.

1617117938094.png

Bwldrd

Admirable
Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever play with a really large empty box when you were a child? I'm curious to know if I'm the only one. When I was a kid an empty box could become a race car or even a space ship for me to play in. Ironicvally, I never imagined a submarine although as I grew older, I believe they finally got around to giving out those cardboard submarines in the back of comics.

View attachment 68123
Large empty box??? NEVER, that was also my spaceship/time machine/secret dungeon.. etc. Empty box... the nerve!!! (TIC).

Leana

Enthusiast
I didn't own one of these, but my girlfriend's son did. I used to go to New York sometimes on the train, so I would borrow it and play Ninja Turtles to pass the time during the thirteen hour train ride.

View attachment 68143
Got one like that when I was a kid, and it still works :)
I still play Super Marioland from tie to time (usually on my GBA, though, backlit screen is much easier on the eyes)

robert952

Brilliant
Large empty box??? NEVER, that was also my spaceship/time machine/secret dungeon.. etc. Empty box... the nerve!!! (TIC).
Me neither. You would have to have a strange imagination to pretend you were in a tank firing at enemy soldiers. Just boggles the mind! (It would have been nice if it had an 'electrically lit instrument panel' though. I mean, if I HAD done something like that.)

@eclark: I think it safe to say you were the ONLY ONE who did anything like this. :cool: <<<me being incognito.

eclark1894

Visionary
I bought these today. My friend has a 6 year old little girl that she adopted and made me the "uncle". So I bought her some jacks and an etch a sketch and sent them to her for her birthday. I didn't even know they still made etch a sketch. Never owned one myself, but I remember them well.

1619063030908.png
1619063086413.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Serious question: If you remember Saturday morning cartoons, does that make you old? Or perhaps which cartoons you remember?
I remember a lot of child hood cartoons, some of which I'm sad to say are considered politically incorrect now.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Serious question: If you remember Saturday morning cartoons, does that make you old? Or perhaps which cartoons you remember?
I remember a lot of child hood cartoons, some of which I'm sad to say are considered politically incorrect now.
I would say it depends which cartoons, but by the late 90's Saturday Morning Cartoons were almost dead - replaced by Saturday Morning Sitcoms, Nature/explorer shows, and paid programs... and while a few of the independent stations held out and still ran cartoons into the mid 2000s they were really just recycling low grade anime from the 90's like Pokemon, DBZ, Yugioh, and such. Long gone by then were the glorious politically incorrect animated 30 minute toy commercials of yesteryear - or psychotic Rabbits and speech impaired hunters.

eclark1894

Visionary
I would say it depends which cartoons, but by the late 90's Saturday Morning Cartoons were almost dead - replaced by Saturday Morning Sitcoms, Nature/explorer shows, and paid programs... and while a few of the independent stations held out and still ran cartoons into the mid 2000s they were really just recycling low grade anime from the 90's like Pokemon, DBZ, Yugioh, and such. Long gone by then were the glorious politically incorrect animated 30 minute toy commercials of yesteryear - or psychotic Rabbits and speech impaired hunters.
It's funny you should say that. I've mentioned before that I'm black and as a child growing up in the 60s and 70s, truthfully, the only cartoons that ever really offended me was a few Tom and Jerry cartoons with the character known as Mammy two shoes. Ironically, I don't blame the actress who voiced her. She had to work and those were the only kind of roles they were giving out back then to black people.
1619313239900.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It's funny you should say that. I've mentioned before that I'm black and as a child growing up in the 60s and 70s, truthfully, the only cartoons that ever really offended me was a few Tom and Jerry cartoons with the character known as Mammy two shoes. Ironically, I don't blame the actress who voiced her. She had to work and those were the only kind of roles they were giving out back then to black people.
View attachment 68798
I disliked most of the human characters introduced into Tom and Jerry. Among my favorite episodes were the two that were set on a space station, the one where the dining hall get's frozen over, and the one with the fireworks and American Indian costumes that will likely never see the light of day again. Personally I have always shared Carlin's belief that censorship is wrong (especially in a nation which is allegedly built on free speach and expression) and those who dislike content have the option to not view or listen. It also irks me that censorship of television and movies is applied so inconsistently. But, that's a topic for a whole other thread.

One of my favorite Saturday Cartoons was...

DanaTA

Distinguished
I liked Tom and Jerry, but my favorites were the Warner Bros. toons...Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Taz, and the Martian that wanted to blow up Earth. Can't forget Tweety Bird and Sylvester!

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
Well, it depends on the cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck... yes. Ninja turtles and He-Man, only because that's my sons' era of toons. Both make me old.

I remember some oldies to the point that I know what parts got cut to make them meet today's "safety standards." It is almost sad to watch them today.

BTW, I watched a collection of cartoons that had a warning. The cartoons were presented in their original, unedited form. The warning advised that some viewers may find them offensive. The final point was that these need to be viewed in the context of their historical time periods and as a reflection of their respective eras. I see them as a way to show where we were and how far we have come.