• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

DanaTA

Distinguished
Rock'em Sock'em Robots was not 70s, it was 60s. One of my cousins got it for Christmas one year and we had a blast playing with it. Definitely not 70s, it was several years before I graduated from high school, and that was '71. It was introduced in 1964!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
do you have any sense of humor ?
not everything need to be always taking so literally :rolleyes:
Why are you attacking me like this? There was no smiley, no "lol", after his remark, no indication that it was humor! I was simply responding to his comment.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
now now lol

I bet no-one knows or remembers what this was from, back in the 60's ... <hint> an aussie has the best chance

1625638744146.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Why are you attacking me like this? There was no smiley, no "lol", after his remark, no indication that it was humor! I was simply responding to his comment.
Look there's no need to get upset. The 70's was just the time I remember the game. I looked it up and if we want to be persnickety about it, the game was first introduced in 1961, not 1964. So look, 1964 was only 3 years off. I was only 6. Either way, not that big a deal. This is supposed to be a fun thread. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Rock'em Sock'em Robots was not 70s, it was 60s. One of my cousins got it for Christmas one year and we had a blast playing with it. Definitely not 70s, it was several years before I graduated from high school, and that was '71. It was introduced in 1964!

Dana
You gradumucated in 1971? I gradumucated in 1976! No wonder you're able to get all this stuff! :D

robert952

Brilliant
Re: Wringer type washing machine - yes, mother had one in the basement, the water dumped into a sump. Then the sump got pumped out of the sump to the septic drain field. (as a 4-5 years old, I thought that concept facinating. The one she had used a motorized wringer, but you could only put in a couple of things at a time. The wringers could put a world of hurt on you if you weren't careful. I was taught to feed with one hand and have the other near the off switch.

Yes, I learned to wash clothes, iron, make sewing repairs, cook and clean the house. Mom said it was so I would know how when I grew up. I think it was just household labor.

Re: Electric football game. The 'field vibrated' and the men moved. Invariably, there was one piece which just moved in a tiny circle. Occasionally the quarterback would turn around and run in the wrong direction.

We also had a race car game based on the same principle. (I was 7 or 8 at that time.) A vacuum formed race track had paths for the cars to follow. (I think this was the one - or at least similar.) The tracks crossed each other so occasionally there were crashes. I learned that betting was not always a good thing as it was always anybody's race. My Dad and I actually kept stats for a while to see if you could determine which car was most likely to win and which track. (Fun times learning statistics and math in a game format. Only I didn't realize I was learning.)

Re: Other games, my kids had hungry hippos. I had a friend with the Rock 'em Sockem 'em robots. Never had or played on the mini pool table.

Love this thread. Thanks for all who share.

Edited to correct link.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
his remark ? I am confused now , why you thinking I am attacking you Dana ? it was related to my post and your reply to it , sorry next time I will put indication so you know I am not serious .

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
the game was first introduced in 1961, not 1964. So look, 1964 was only 3 years off. I was only 6. Either way, not that big a deal. This is supposed to be a fun thread. :)
LOL I just checked the Wikipedia it says the toy was first introduced in 1964 , Dana talking about the Robots , and you about the game lol
and I was joking about the washmachine , what a mess :laugh:

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Back in the 50's I had a toy train that ran on a tin base with an indented area that was the track. There was a landscape painted on the tin. I put small model horses in the fields & as the train ran, the horses moved. LOL