• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

DanaTA

Distinguished
we had the plastic one with a dart and for water , once the rubber was gone from the dart it was painful on the skin and dangerous for the eyes, my brother was obsessed with it and I was the game.
We had also pistols like in the second picture but you put inside Percussion cap, one for a big one and other for continuous shots on a roll , can you imagine it was for kids ? it was actually a single-use percussion ignition device aka " Kapiszon "
Well, the ones in that picture were water pistols. Unless you put vinegar or worse in it, it was just water and it didn't come out with much force. The second, yes...caps. No projectiles. A little smoke from the small explosion. I had one of those. Sometimes kids would take the roll of caps and pound them with a boulder to get a larger bang. That could be dangerous. But...just about anything could be dangerous in the hands of a child. The fallen branch from a tree. Rocks. A jump rope!

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Still coming across rolls and wheels of caps from the myriad of cap guns my brother and I had as kids. We had a lot that looked very real. That all ended in the 80's.

eclark1894

Visionary
It's the 50th anniversary of The Big Wheel! I was too old to have one. Never could understand what the thrill was. I had the tradition tricycle when I was a kid. To me a Big Wheel was just a plastic tricycle. I didn't get it. But I remember the commercials.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
When we were kids not only weren't we encouraged to wear helmets or padding, but at least half the toys were designed to test our survival skills - that's how you prepare kids for adulthood.
"Here son, take these weighted, pointy metal darts, throw them as high as you can and watch them come down... now remember to try to wait until the last moment to jump out of the way."

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember these? Now to be honest, all my slingshots were homemade and not really made of wood. We'd make them in school, usually with a rubberband and a wad of paper. if the wad was "damp" so much the better.
1625567771805.png

eclark1894

Visionary
When we were kids not only weren't we encouraged to wear helmets or padding, but at least half the toys were designed to test our survival skills - that's how you prepare kids for adulthood.
"Here son, take these weighted, pointy metal darts, throw them as high as you can and watch them come down... now remember to try to wait until the last moment to jump out of the way."
You were allowed to jump out of the way??!! Wuss! :sneaky:

robert952

Brilliant
I play Battleship with my 7-year-old grandson. They re-released the older version of the game and box. We have played on line, too. A great game for that if both parties have a game board. The re-released game doesn't have the fancy stickers on the lid as shown in the above image. Guess Who is the same way.

Agent-0013

Inspired
I started a thread like this over at Rendo a couple of weeks ago. Apparently eerybody didn't appreciate it, so I thought I see what the reaction was over her at Hivewire.
Remember these? Speak out if you do!!!

View attachment 66543
Indeed I do! They were called Sugar Daddy, and there was a chocolate coated version called Sugar Mama. They were hard to chew caramel candies. Another one produced by the same company was called Sugar Babies, also a caramel candy.

Of the Sugar Daddy candy, can you remember the really big ones? I'm talking about the version that was about 20 or more times the size of the small ones. They were special promotional ones given out to any student that made a certain amount of door to door sales in a fund raiser for some upcoming school event. I earned four, but never ate any of them. I gave them to my brothers and sisters, as I am not that fond of caramel.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember my mother owned one of these back when I was about four or five. My hand got caught in the rollers once and after that I was scared to go near the damn thing. In case you're wondering, it was a washing machine. Like I said, I was only about 4 or 5, so I have no idea if this was state of the art back then.
1625588384296.png

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Still coming across rolls and wheels of caps from the myriad of cap guns my brother and I had as kids. We had a lot that looked very real. That all ended in the 80's.
Funny it ended everything in the 80's for us as well , and was no more sold due to restrictions of the political situation we go through

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I remember my mother owned one of these back when I was about four or five. My hand got caught in the rollers once and after that I was scared to go near the damn thing. In case you're wondering, it was a washing machine. Like I said, I was only about 4 or 5, so I have no idea if this was state of the art back then.
View attachment 70245
My mother owned this one , it was a brand new model Frania 1969 .. the best woman can get to enjoy her Saturday's big laundry day! :rolleyes:
seriously you needed some muscle to work the rollers , especially with bed sheets and blankets.

Attachments

• z23278623V,Pralka-Frania.jpg
    z23278623V,Pralka-Frania.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 90

DanaTA

Distinguished
My wife's mother had one with the rollers in her basement, but it was retired. In the early 60s, my mom had a Maytag fully automatic washer, so, no, that one with the rollers was not state of the art in the 60s. She had to hang the clothes on the outside clothes line, operated on two pulleys, to dry the clothes.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
My wife's mother had one with the rollers in her basement, but it was retired. In the early 60s, my mom had a Maytag fully automatic washer, so, no, that one with the rollers was not state of the art in the 60s. She had to hang the clothes on the outside clothes line, operated on two pulleys, to dry the clothes.

Dana
Well, we've always had outdoor clothes lines. Even when my sister bought my mother a dryer back in the 70s.

eclark1894

Visionary
Games from the seventies... I had the pool table and the Football game. Never had the Hungry Hungry Hippos or Rock'em Sock'em Robots.
1625615007874.png
1625615051733.png

1625615137793.png
1625615272735.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Just curious if anyone will get this one. Name the show, character and Actor in this picture. An additional hint, show is from the 70s.
1625622041609.png