• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Back in the 50's I had a toy train that ran on a tin base with an indented area that was the track. There was a landscape painted on the tin. I put small model horses in the fields & as the train ran, the horses moved. LOL
kids have sometimes nice idea, our boy last Sunday attached pickup truck to the train with a wire on the side and simulated the Unstoppable Philadelphia Train rescue action he saw on Youtube .

eclark1894

Visionary
Just saw something interesting on tv. I was watching one of those nostalgia tv channels and they were showing an episode of CHPs. Guess who's guest starring? A teenage Christopher McKnight (Peter Brady) and a teenage Danny Bonaducci (Danny Partridge). They had just stolen a car.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Re: Electric football game. The 'field vibrated' and the men moved. Invariably, there was one piece which just moved in a tiny circle. Occasionally the quarterback would turn around and run in the wrong direction.
I had a baseball game that worked the same way. There was a sort of track for the diamond, so the players wouldn't wander off the path into the outfield or whatever. It didn't seem to work that well. Sometimes the runner would just spin in place, sometimes they'd go backwards. It was a disappointing thing, to me. In the closet it went, almost never to come back out. Board games were more fun. And card games.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just saw something interesting on tv. I was watching one of those nostalgia tv channels and they were showing an episode of CHPs. Guess who's guest starring? A teenage Christopher McKnight (Peter Brady) and a teenage Danny Bonaducci (Danny Partridge). They had just stolen a car.
I knew those kids were bad boys! :D

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Mec4d has beaten me to the last 2 sets. A lot of these were ryn extensively on U.S. television up into the early 80s to fill what many channels considered dead blocks that were hard sells for advertising. Even these might not stump anyone:
View attachment 70203View attachment 70204View attachment 70205
View attachment 70206View attachment 70207View attachment 70208
Okay, this one was and is still driving me mad. But I can name all but one of these now.
1. Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse. (I admit I cheated on this one. I saw one of their cartoons tonight.)
2. ??????? I know this guy, but can't name him! It's driving me batty!
3. Vincent Van Gopher
4. Savior Faire
5. The Aardvark
6. Ming's Robots

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Okay, this one was and is still driving me mad. But I can name all but one of these now.
1. Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse. (I admit I cheated on this one. I saw one of their cartoons tonight.)
2. ??????? I know this guy, but can't name him! It's driving me batty!
3. Vincent Van Gopher
4. Savior Faire
5. The Aardvark
6. Ming's Robots

Hint for #2:
R_____ R_____and his Eagles
Fighting for our freedom
Fly through in and outer space
Not to join 'em but to beat 'em.

R_____ R_____, he's our man,
Hero of our nation.
For his adventures, just be sure
To stay tuned to this station.

So come and join us, all you kids,
For lots of fun and laughter
As R_____ R_____and his men
Get all the crooks they're after.

R_____ R_____, he's our man,
Hero of our nation.
For his adventures, just be sure
To stay tuned to this station.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these?

1625868358346.png
1625868500816.png
1625868576381.png

1625868651259.png
1625868743444.png
1625868812441.png
1625868866191.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Getting Away from cartoons for a while... Remember these?

Walkie talkies? My brother and I used to get a set just about every other Christmas.
1625878408698.png

1625878542725.png
Never got this game or played it. But I remember it well.

When I was a kid, I had never heard of Lincoln Logs.
These were the toy I knew and my mom bought them for me at the local A&P.
1625878795134.png

eclark1894

Visionary
And as long as I brought it up...
I picked this picture for a reason. It reminds me of the store in our neighborhood when I was a kid. The store is gone now, but the building is still there. Housing another store. I curious to know now whether that cupola on top of the roof is still there. I'll have to check in the morning and let you know.
1625879102882.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember three Piggly Wiggly stores from my childhood. One was up the street from my Great Aunt's house. We used to go there all the time. The other I didn't find until I was in my teens. It was in a kinda racist neighborhood, so I steered clear of it. Well. actually, that's not totally true. The neighborhood wasn't racist as far as I know, but there was a pool near by that wouldn't let you swim there if you were black. I was just in my twenties when I felt comfortable enough to go into the Piggly Wiggly. The third Piggly Wiggle was one my aunt always stopped at when we went to the beach. Think it was in Kinston, NC. As far as I know, that store gone too.

1625879748627.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Did you ever have one of these when you were a kid? Kind of makes me wish I had a son.
1625916018201.png

In the 1970s, Manufacturers discovered plastic.

1625916364904.png

Last edited: