• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember These? I think I've had them a grand total of two times when I was much younger. Now, it's like trying to find the Golden Ticket in Willy Wonka!
1626260281973.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody ever have one of these? My very first electric organ! I remember playing Mary had a Little Lamb and Silent Night on it. I almost learned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and a couple of church songs on it. I have a much more sophisticated one now, a Casio, in our storage shed out back. Haven't turned it on in literally decades.

1626261085703.png

eclark1894

Visionary
The very first Christmas tree I ever remembered was an aluminum Christmas tree like this one. We had it up until I was around 15 or 16 years old. By then, it was so worn out that we had to get a new one. I've never had a real tree before. They've all been artificial ones. I'd like to get a silver aluminum one again, but the price for one is ridiculous! We never had the color wheel either, although my sister had one. Personally, I didn't like them. Ironically, to me, it made the tree look fake. :D
1626269967609.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh do I ever remember those Hydrox cookies. I lived on them for a long time. I liked them because I could dunk them in my glass of milk which, of course, my mother didn't like, as it always left crumbs in the bottom of the glass when I was finished.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Graham Crackers were and still are my favorite to dunk into a glass of milk. The best Graham Crackers I've ever had are those made by Fresh Direct.

eclark1894

Visionary
I am not now, nor ever have been, a milk drinker. Chocolate milk being the exception to that rule. But never understood the idea of dunking cookies in milk or coffee.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember These...? Oh, those long hot summer days! But wait! What's that noise?! IIIII-c--e Cream! Ice Cream Man! :D
I haven't seen an old fashion Ice Cream truck in decades, but we do have Mister Softee trucks come around most days during the summer months. In fact (looks at watch) he should be here in about 1/2 hour. He usually shows up around the same time every day.

eclark1894

Visionary
I haven't seen an old fashion Ice Cream truck in decades, but we do have Mister Softee trucks come around most days during the summer months. In fact (looks at watch) he should be here in about 1/2 hour. He usually shows up around the same time every day.
Oh, I miss the ice cream man!:cry:

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
The overly loud, cracked, speakers on the top of ice cream trucks plays annoyingly at least twice a day outside my building. Ice cream trucks are everywhere in this City.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The overly loud, cracked, speakers on the top of ice cream trucks plays annoyingly at least twice a day outside my building. Ice cream trucks are everywhere in this City.
I hear once a man screaming out of his window to the ice cream man to " Shut the fxxk " the annoying music lol

Last edited:

pigfish9

Inspired
LOL. OMG. You sound like a sugar fiend like myself! LOL Even to this day with Diabetes II I'm too tempted so I just don't keep sweets in the house (yea right lol)
I’m glad they make no sugar Reese cups. They are my second favorite candy. But boy are they expensive. Wish they made sugar free M&Ms.

pigfish9

Inspired
Oh Henry was pretty good. I think they're still made. Not sure about the Tang, though. I have a can of Hershey Special Dark Cocoa, they still make the regular one, too.

Dana
I have sugar free Tang. They come in the tubes you add to bottled water like Kool-Aid. Speaking of Kool-Aid, did anyone really add a full cup of sugar to the pitcher? We only used 1/2 cup and it was plenty sweet enough.

pigfish9

Inspired
I just realized something. I've heard the expression "older than dirt." Looking at the CDN products posted from my youth I've come to the realization that "I'm older than Metric." Forgot that I graduated from Public School before the change in 1970.
I graduated in 1982 and they still didn’t really teach the metric system much. All I remember is that a paperclip weighs about a gram, a meter is a little more than a yard, and a liter is a little more than a quart. I still have to go to the internet to convert between English Standard and Metric systems.

eclark1894

Visionary
I have sugar free Tang. They come in the tubes you add to bottled water like Kool-Aid. Speaking of Kool-Aid, did anyone really add a full cup of sugar to the pitcher? We only used 1/2 cup and it was plenty sweet enough.
Kool Aid, Tang, and Sweet Tea, were a matter of taste when it came to sweetening, but in the early days, (when I was a kid) we generally bought the pre-sweetened stuff.

eclark1894

Visionary
When I was growing up in the 1960s, my father had died when I was only two years old. So, we had to go on government assistance. So every month we would get surplus food items from Welfare. This continued until I was about 16 or so. I was so happy to stop getting that food. It was embarrassing to have to need it. But in most cases, it was all we had. Anyway, I got pretty good in learning to make do with what we had, including learning how to cook and bake. I first learn how to make a cake using Welfare food. Of course, we didn't have real eggs so...
1626372023562.png
That wasn't all. We had...
1626372108804.png
1626372137104.png
1626372178503.png
1626372205665.png
1626372269504.png

We had some good stuff too.
1626372513075.png
1626372587640.png
1626372617678.png

Although, I'm pretty sure this is the reason I can't stand milk.

1626372820593.png

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I just found out that Squirrel Nut Zippers were supposed to be made of caramel and chocolate. I couldn't taste anything but the nuts, and I hated it.
1626397541816.png