• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Good ol' George, George, George of the Jungle, friend to you and me...
along with Super Chicken, Bulwinkle, and Riff Raff

Maybe I should sit these out?

unreal

Noteworthy
Look out for that tree!

Dana
I was just paging through movies on my plex and noticed Inkheart. Which led me to The Mummy. And Journey to the Center of the Earth, Which brought "George of the Jungle" to mind. Who can guess the connection?

unreal

Noteworthy
Believe me, I didn't go to any fancy schools! But I graduated high school in 1971, so that stuff was far behind me by then. In the 60s, I think the milk was either five cents or ten cents. It probably went up in time. Back then, nun's names were Sister Mary this, Sister Mary that. No male names that I remember. Some odd ones, but I didn't think they were male names. But I only went to Catholic school for first grade and part of second grade. Then I started to skip school every day, got caught every day, and mom finally got the message that I was unhappy there and transferred me to a public school. No more pulling me by the ears or whacking my hand with rattan or rulers.

Dana
They always got me by the sideburns. Talk about lifting out of your seat. It was always funny when they slapped the yardstick down the side of the girl's skirts. While all the other girls tugged their skirts down. Or it was a visit to the Dean of Discipline.

unreal

Noteworthy
Grape Ape and Beagle, Dick Dastardly and Muttley, Quick Draw McGraw, Speed Buggy, The Smoo, The Impossibles (Coil Man, Fluid Man, Multi Man), and Frankenstein Jr.
Hong Kong Fooey. The Groovy Googlies.

But my fave humourous as a kid (and still is) the amazingly old (even in the 70's) Looney Tunes. Chuck Jones was a master of the medium. His book Chuck Amok is a fun read.

My favorite cartoon has always been the Jetson's. Which predates me by a few years, but I loved them in reruns. Still do. I want that world!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I was just paging through movies on my plex and noticed Inkheart. Which led me to The Mummy. And Journey to the Center of the Earth, Which brought "George of the Jungle" to mind. Who can guess the connection?
Brendan Fraser ?

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember These? You'll shoot your eye out kid. :sneaky:
1625525839005.png
1625525986458.png

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Not with a water pistol! Or a cap gun. A BB gun, yes.

Dana
we had the plastic one with a dart and for water , once the rubber was gone from the dart it was painful on the skin and dangerous for the eyes, my brother was obsessed with it and I was the game.
We had also pistols like in the second picture but you put inside Percussion cap, one for a big one and other for continuous shots on a roll , can you imagine it was for kids ? it was actually a single-use percussion ignition device aka " Kapiszon "

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The roll caps could catch fire. I burned my fingers.
my brother removed the ignition material from the big caps and throwing it on the street or used shoes to stamp on it , the roll caps cached sometimes fire and once it did, it was unstoppable like the little red fireworks .

eclark1894

Visionary
My brother and I used to play this all the time. Especially when it was storming outside and we couldn't go outdoors.
B-4!
You sank my Battleship!:D
1625543525692.png