• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
There was a song the bunny sang. Something like: "It's so rich and thick and chocolate, that you can't... drink it slowwww... if it's quick, oh baby, oh <sluuuuuuurps the straw until until sucking air.>. That's the saddest sound I know. <sniff>"

Here's the weirdest thing. 2 days ago, for reasons completely unknown, and before I read this part of the thread, I was humming this song then sang it out loud while I was making lunch.

<queue original Twilight Zone music>

ps: not the 80's new Twilight Zone theme, which was done by the Grateful Dead. One early episode of that series starred Jonathon Frakes. The original Twilight Zone starred William Shatner, twice. And Nimoy in a small part, once.

pps: uhg, the things I remember. Brain cells going to waste...
I remember the song. But I remember the ending better. N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestle's makes the very best.... Cho---co--late!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Chocolate milk cartons were for fancy schools. :D

We had to bring our daily "milk money" of 0.15 for a pint carton of plain white milk. Amd we had to take our own "bag lunch". PB&J or Bologna (Oscar Meyer, of course).

Ours was a tiny private (catholic) school in Lincoln. The nuns had normal names and dressed normally. Just "sister <whatever>". But in the early 70's, we had laser scanners in stores. Then we moved to the east coast in mid 70's. It was like stepping into the dark ages for me. Manual cash registers. No drive through tube's at banks; you had to go in or use the window. Nuns wore habits and had guy names (Apostles). On the other hand, inside some of the old trees around us were the remains of musket shells from the American revolution. Which is kind of cool for a kid who's interested in history :)

Nothing like playing kick-ball on the Princeton Battlefield. And it really was.
We got free lunch if you were underpriviliged, or you could elect to buy lunch I don't remember any laser scanners until the 80s and early 90s around here. Electronic cash registers were hit and miss. When you think about it, that was a little weird as there was a Cash register company and IBM in our area.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Chocolate milk cartons were for fancy schools. :D
Believe me, I didn't go to any fancy schools! But I graduated high school in 1971, so that stuff was far behind me by then. In the 60s, I think the milk was either five cents or ten cents. It probably went up in time. Back then, nun's names were Sister Mary this, Sister Mary that. No male names that I remember. Some odd ones, but I didn't think they were male names. But I only went to Catholic school for first grade and part of second grade. Then I started to skip school every day, got caught every day, and mom finally got the message that I was unhappy there and transferred me to a public school. No more pulling me by the ears or whacking my hand with rattan or rulers.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Believe me, I didn't go to any fancy schools! But I graduated high school in 1971, so that stuff was far behind me by then. In the 60s, I think the milk was either five cents or ten cents. It probably went up in time. Back then, nun's names were Sister Mary this, Sister Mary that. No male names that I remember. Some odd ones, but I didn't think they were male names. But I only went to Catholic school for first grade and part of second grade. Then I started to skip school every day, got caught every day, and mom finally got the message that I was unhappy there and transferred me to a public school. No more pulling me by the ears or whacking my hand with rattan or rulers.

Dana
I had one male teacher before reaching Jr. High, and that was in the 6th grade. His name was Mr. Stafford. I remember him so well because it seemed he found a reason to spank me. Back then, corporal punishment was standard operating procedure. I remember that Mr. Stafford had four ways to spank a student at the time. He would either hit you hand with a ruler, or with a yardstick (That was the case I believe with all the teachers). He also loved to spank with a wooden paddle with three holes drilled thru it. I think he said it improved the aerodynamics. And finally, the worse way was that he had a thick leather strap that he liked to hit your behind with.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh mighty Isis! :D
1625169069879.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Only two of them...Snidely Whiplash and Precious, and Quick Draw McGraw.

Power just went out. I'll be signing off so my UPS doesn't drain too low.

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Grape Ape and Beagle, Dick Dastardly and Muttley, Quick Draw McGraw, Speed Buggy, The Smoo, The Impossibles (Coil Man, Fluid Man, Multi Man), and Frankenstein Jr.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Good Going Kage. I didn't think anyone would get the Impossibles.
Yes, they are a bit on the more obscure side, especially for my generation - right up there with Drac Pac and few shows I vaguely remember but can't name.

eclark1894

Visionary
Between Marcia Brady and Isis back in the 70s, I realized that I wasn't gay. :sneaky:
1625190537184.png
1625190602655.png

Although Electro-Woman and Dyna-Girl didn't do anything for me.
1625190918709.png

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Only two of them...Snidely Whiplash and Precious, and Quick Draw McGraw.

Power just went out. I'll be signing off so my UPS doesn't drain too low.

Dana
Meant to get back to you earlier, Dana. You got Muttley wrong, and called him Precious. This is Precious.
1625231015957.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Okay, why? What's so creepy about a 13 to 15 year old boy finding a girl about his age attractive? Or a woman who was a few years older?
For me it was the pink haired girl from the Bugaloos, and I was closer to 10 when I saw it in reruns. Also the second Actress who Played Romana on Doctor Who during the Tom Baker era.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Okay, why? What's so creepy about a 13 to 15 year old boy finding a girl about his age attractive? Or a woman who was a few years older?
it was just creepy the way you said it the first time , you are not a 15 years old boy anymore

eclark1894

Visionary
it was just creepy the way you said it the first time , you are not a 15 years old boy anymore
Oh come on, I said it was back in the 70s, and I was talking past tense. How old do you think I was back in the 70s? I'm in my 60's now. Maureen McCormick is at loeast a year older than me, and Joanna Cameron, the woman who played Isis is at least six or seven years older than me.

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh come on, I said it was back in the 70s, and I was talking past tense. How old do you think I was back in the 70s? I'm in my 60's now. Maureen McCormick is at loeast a year older than me, and Joanna Cameron, the woman who played Isis is at least six or seven years older than me.
I got you, not need to explain , it is not the fact that you were attracted, as nothing wrong with that, only the way how you said that , so the other girls "did nothing to you" made you worry that you may be half gay ? :sneaky::p
BTW gays do find beautiful women attractive !