• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
I got you, not need to explain , it is not the fact that you were attracted, as nothing wrong with that, only the way how you said that , so the other girls "did nothing to you" made you worry that you may be half gay ? :sneaky::p
BTW gays do find beautiful women attractive !
And I was only joking. In fact, one of the guys who drew Wonder Woman back in the 90's was gay.His name was Phil Jimenez. He loved Wonder Woman. I used to talk to him in AOL chats. He loved to do that Wonder Woman Spin where she changed into her costume.

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
And I was only joking. In fact, one of the guys who drew Wonder Woman back in the 90's was gay.His name was Phil Jimenez. He loved Wonder Woman. I used to talk to him in AOL chats. He loved to do that Wonder Woman Spin where she changed into her costume.
and so am I .. I know you already and your humor ;)
sadly I did not find any super hero attractive with their swimming wear on top their spandex pants , I find it always so awkward looking .

eclark1894

Visionary
and so am I .. I know you already and your humor ;)
sadly I did not find any super hero attractive with their swimming wear on top their spandex pants , I find it always so awkward looking .
That's because both Superman and Batman, the two main culprits, were created in the 1930s. Superman was modeled after the Circus Strongman. In fact, when he first appeared, even his boots looked more like a circus strongman's. When Batman came along a year later, his design was more refined. But the trunks were still on the outside.

Terre

Renowned
So that's why they wore them that way. Makes sense. I'd never really looked into the reasons for the costumes being how they were.

eclark1894

Visionary
So that's why they wore them that way. Makes sense. I'd never really looked into the reasons for the costumes being how they were.
Something I did NOT know, but just found out was why both Superman and Batman wear capes. Originally it was simply to show movement. Remember Both Superman and Batman are Action heroes. Running and jumping around. Superman couldn't fly when he first appeared, but he could leap over great distances. The cape helped show the movement.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Something I did NOT know, but just found out was why both Superman and Batman wear capes. Originally it was simply to show movement. Remember Both Superman and Batman are Action heroes. Running and jumping around. Superman couldn't fly when he first appeared, but he could leap over great distances. The cape helped show the movement.
I just wear capes because they're cool myself.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That is true about the capes , it is also historical symbol of status that separate the superheroes from the rest of the people .

eclark1894

Visionary
That is true about the capes , it is also historical symbol of status that separate the superheroes from the rest of the people .
Another thing is that Superman and Batman both invented and defined the look of a "superhero". Except for "The Phantom", all the heroes before then were detectives and wearing trenchcoats. And before someone mentions Zorro, technically, Zorro was an anti-hero. He did wear a cape, but he was considered a vigilante rather than a hero. And the bad guys he fought were the "good guys".

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Zorro was a vigilante that defends the poor and victimized against the forces of injustice same as The Arrow or Robin Hood , so he was a hero to some ;) depends of what side you standing on ..

eclark1894

Visionary
Zorro was a vigilante that defends the poor and victimized against the forces of injustice same as The Arrow or Robin Hood , so he was a hero to some ;) depends of what side you standing on ..
So's the mafia. :sneaky: The reason I put "good guys" in quotes was because they weren't really the good guys. They were soldiers, following orders and following procedures even if they're in the wrong. Kind of like a lot of police today.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So's the mafia. :sneaky: The reason I put "good guys" in quotes was because they weren't really the good guys. They were soldiers, following orders and following procedures even if they're in the wrong. Kind of like a lot of police today.

A big difference between a mafia and a vigilante, in the eye of a law both criminals , but in the eye of people vigilante is a hero because he or she stand on the side of the people against corrupted people in power.
Mafia is based on a corrupted people stealing from the poor people first.

And I would like to stay in the comic universe and not going into politics of today about crazy individuals that taking power in their own hands just because they wearing a badge.
My father was a Police Chef and my family members are policeman and military members. A good people !

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
More can you name these characters?

1625361626686.png
1625361768841.png
1625361904284.png
1625361983274.png

1625362116983.png
1625362208100.png
1625362319077.png
1625362611047.png

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
1.Atom Ant
2.Peter Potamus
3.Space Ghost

4.Touché Turtle
5.Gloop and Gleep
6.Baba Looey
7.Woody Woodpecker
8.Apache Chief

:whistling:

eclark1894

Visionary
1.Atom Ant
2.Peter Potamus
3.Space Ghost

4.Touché Turtle
5.Gloop and Gleep
6.Baba Looey
7.Woody Woodpecker
8.Apache Chief

I have to admit surprise. I didn't think anyone would get Touche Turtle or Apache Chief from SuperFriends. Space Ghost and Woody Woodpecker were Gimmes though.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
1.Dino Boy
2. Jonny Quest
3. Sabrina
4. Underdog
5. Hong Kong Phooey
6. Penelope Pitstop

I am gonna skip the next one .. let someone else have some fun ;)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Mec4d has beaten me to the last 2 sets. A lot of these were ryn extensively on U.S. television up into the early 80s to fill what many channels considered dead blocks that were hard sells for advertising. Even these might not stump anyone:
Courageous_cat_and_minute_mouse.jpg
image_thumb[1].png
Vince_Van_Gopher_300.gif

savoir-faire.jpg
Aardvark.gif
mings robots.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Mec4d has beaten me to the last 2 sets. A lot of these were ryn extensively on U.S. television up into the early 80s to fill what many channels considered dead blocks that were hard sells for advertising. Even these might not stump anyone:
View attachment 70203View attachment 70204View attachment 70205
View attachment 70206View attachment 70207View attachment 70208
Sad thing is, I know all of these characters, but except for Savoir Fare and the Arrdvark I can't name them.