• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Pugman?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Actually according to DND
Very COOL!!

Give him some really big enlarged Canines and he can do for a Kobold!

Kobolds are a fictional species featured in the D&D RPG game. Aggressive, xenophobic, yet industrious small humaniod creatures, kobolds are noted for their skill at building traps and preparing ambushes. In the original Dungeons & Dragons game, kobolds were goblinoids, but they have been depicted as reptilian with characteristics of humans and dogs in later editions of the game. They usually are depicted as dog-like with enlarged canines and green to yellow skin and orange eyes.

But, you might rather try a Troglodyte though if you are thinking of civilizing them and some of them do live underground, but always around a water source like underground caverns rivers and lakes they are primarily a fishing civilization and make incredible nets.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I could also see him in a top hat and tails. But keep him in the bikini bottom. Ha.
OMG, you just put a picture in my head I remember from years ago, either a movie or on TV, of a black man wearing whiteface makup to look like a skelton, a black top hat, a long necklace of bones, no shirt, and I can't remember what type of pants or shorts, but I think he was wearing sandals. It's been years, so I'm sure I'm not remembering the details correctly, but I thought of it immediately after I read your post. :D I do remember it was during N'Olreans Mardi Gras, and I think he was performing some sort of ritual.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
OMG, you just put a picture in my head I remember from years ago, either a movie or on the TV, of a black man wearing whiteface makup to look like a skelton, a black top hat, a long necklace of bones, no shirt, and I can't remember what type of pants or shorts, but I think he was wearing sandals. It's been years, so I'm sure I'm not remembering the details correctly, but I thought of it immediately after I read your post. :D I do remember it was during N'Olreans Mardi Gras.
James Bond - Live and Let Die.......... Oh and that was the Rodger Moore one........ not James Bond unless it's Sean Connery !

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, yes, yes!! Geoffrey Holder was the actor. This isn't the exact "look" I was remembering, but you get the idea. The character he played was Baron Samedi.

You can see him in this cover from the dvd (or book not sure which). This is more the look I was remembering.

It amazes me I can't always remember what I had for dinner a couple of nights ago, but I remembered this from a 1973 movie????? My mind's definitely weird at times.

Oh and if anyone's wondering, Baron Samedi was a VooDoo Master. ;)

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Any grass huts out there in Poser/Studio land?

Either that, or perhaps we can scale him down and he can live in Ken's Kiwi Burrow.

Hi Chris!
There's a product called Tribal Huts which includes the Bana and Chaga peoples of Africa plus two Native American, Apache and Pima over at Rendo and I think that's just about it, but I should imagine that this guy would be inclined to hang around Ken's Safari Camp on the lookout for what he could get. Perhaps even taken a fancy for the erstwhile Editha! o_O

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
AM did an African village construction kit, several years ago. And there are the old tribal huts and tree house in the PC+ collection.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I remember the tribal huts. Hmmmm, I wonder if I ever picked those up.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I did eventually buy the tribal huts, but I'm not sure I have ever used them in a render. I thought I remembered that they had been created by Stonemason (as well as the tree house, right?) So, I checked the ReadMe, and yes indeed, the DAZ tribal huts were were by Stonemason.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I have them in the Hearts of Africa wide open spaces series of backgrounds. I'm not sure what set Kage used in his render on the bottom though. Prop wise I don't see why you can't extract them as an object and run them in Poser either.