1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Pugman?

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Doodle Designs

Doodle Designs Eager Contributing Artist

With the headdress he looks like the king of some undiscovered tropical island! :D

NapalmArsenal, Rae134, Miss B and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

I agree, and that's not a bad thing is it? Oohga Booga.

I could also see him in a top hat and tails. But keep him in the bikini bottom. Ha.

Rae134, Miss B, Mythocentric and 4 others like this.
  3. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Very cool character, Chris! I love his briefs and his spear and club!

Rae134 and Pendraia like this.
  4. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Very COOL!!

Give him some really big enlarged Canines and he can do for a Kobold!

5. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

He definitely rocks.

Rae134 likes this.
  6. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

loooking great

7. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Umvavu Pugsley Poon!*

* Translation from Pugsie: "Man! This Pugsley dude is fearsomely bathed in coolness to the max!" :applause::wow:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Rae134, Pendraia and Chris like this.
  8. Chris

I'll have to look that one up.

9. Chris

Nice translation.

Mythocentric likes this.
  10. Chris

Any grass huts out there in Poser/Studio land?

Either that, or perhaps we can scale him down and he can live in Ken's Kiwi Burrow.

Rae134 and Mythocentric like this.
  11. NapalmArsenal

Actually according to DND
    Kobolds are a fictional species featured in the D&D RPG game. Aggressive, xenophobic, yet industrious small humaniod creatures, kobolds are noted for their skill at building traps and preparing ambushes. In the original Dungeons & Dragons game, kobolds were goblinoids, but they have been depicted as reptilian with characteristics of humans and dogs in later editions of the game. They usually are depicted as dog-like with enlarged canines and green to yellow skin and orange eyes.

But, you might rather try a Troglodyte though if you are thinking of civilizing them and some of them do live underground, but always around a water source like underground caverns rivers and lakes they are primarily a fishing civilization and make incredible nets.

12. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

OMG, you just put a picture in my head I remember from years ago, either a movie or on TV, of a black man wearing whiteface makup to look like a skelton, a black top hat, a long necklace of bones, no shirt, and I can't remember what type of pants or shorts, but I think he was wearing sandals. It's been years, so I'm sure I'm not remembering the details correctly, but I thought of it immediately after I read your post. :D I do remember it was during N'Olreans Mardi Gras, and I think he was performing some sort of ritual.

13. NapalmArsenal

James Bond - Live and Let Die.......... Oh and that was the Rodger Moore one........ not James Bond unless it's Sean Connery !

14. Miss B

Ohhhhhhhh, I think you're right NA!! Now to go to IMDB to see if I can find an appropriate pic.

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  15. Miss B

Yes, yes, yes!! Geoffrey Holder was the actor. This isn't the exact "look" I was remembering, but you get the idea. The character he played was Baron Samedi.

[​IMG]

You can see him in this cover from the dvd (or book not sure which). This is more the look I was remembering.

[​IMG]

It amazes me I can't always remember what I had for dinner a couple of nights ago, but I remembered this from a 1973 movie????? My mind's definitely weird at times.

Oh and if anyone's wondering, Baron Samedi was a VooDoo Master. ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  16. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Hi Chris!
    There's a product called Tribal Huts which includes the Bana and Chaga peoples of Africa plus two Native American, Apache and Pima over at Rendo and I think that's just about it, but I should imagine that this guy would be inclined to hang around Ken's Safari Camp on the lookout for what he could get. Perhaps even taken a fancy for the erstwhile Editha! o_O

Rae134 and Chris like this.
  17. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

AM did an African village construction kit, several years ago. And there are the old tribal huts and tree house in the PC+ collection.

Rae134 likes this.
  18. Miss B

Oh yes, I remember the tribal huts. Hmmmm, I wonder if I ever picked those up.

19. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I did eventually buy the tribal huts, but I'm not sure I have ever used them in a render. I thought I remembered that they had been created by Stonemason (as well as the tree house, right?) So, I checked the ReadMe, and yes indeed, the DAZ tribal huts were were by Stonemason.

Pendraia likes this.
  20. NapalmArsenal

I have them in the Hearts of Africa wide open spaces series of backgrounds. I'm not sure what set Kage used in his render on the bottom though. Prop wise I don't see why you can't extract them as an object and run them in Poser either.
    [​IMG]

Rae134 likes this.