• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Prayers for Lisa

manekiNeko

I heard back from Lisa's husband today. Apparently her condition is still progressing slowly, and she is becoming more stable. She had a couple more procedures done today. She's trying to talk but can't quite do that yet, so the nurses are trying to read her lips.

Hoping to know more in a day or so. Whew, but I think this is good news after not hearing anything for a while there.
it is good news! poor Lisa tho, it must be so hard for her to want to communicate, move.. and be a prisoner in her own body :cry:. still, she's back ^^

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I heard back from Lisa's husband today. Apparently her condition is still progressing slowly, and she is becoming more stable. She had a couple more procedures done today. She's trying to talk but can't quite do that yet, so the nurses are trying to read her lips.

Hoping to know more in a day or so. Whew, but I think this is good news after not hearing anything for a while there.

Yes! Thank you!! Thank you for posting when you have updated to give. And I am so glad there are still improvements happening. I'll take any improvement as a good thing. Thank you, Chris. I miss her voice here, too. I hope she continues to heal and recover.

McGyver

Energetic
Thanks for the update, any steps are good steps as long as they are forward.
I’ll keep checking back... I’m not much of a praying person, but I am working on a way of sending out good vibes... preliminary experiments have involved a paint shaker (a 1967 “Hula-Girl” pneumatic unit) and an old air compressor with the vibration damper blocks removed... I dunno if it’s helping but it’s definitely annoying the hell out of everyone around here.
Please continue recovering Lisa, we are all counting on you!

karibou

New-Bee
This is wonderful news! She has been on my prayer list for months. I have been regularly checking here for news -- so happy that she's progressing. Still praying!!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the wonderful updates Chris, I am happy to hear that there is some progress and Lisa continue to recover slowly but steady .
Sending my healing prayers

praying she regains the ability to communicate, I am guessing a stroke occurred and it must be frustrating as I have had so many family members experience that too and not being able to talk yet understand everything.

McGyver

Energetic
That’s the opposite of my problem... I can’t stop talking and I understand nothing.

Sorry, Lisa... I‘m still holding back humor until I know you are better... that one kinda slipped by my filter...
Really, it’s not much of a filter it’s kinda just some of that aquarium filter fluff I stuffed in my ears... and it’s really not helping.

Feel better soon... Pleeeeeeeeeze?!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
praying she regains the ability to communicate, I am guessing a stroke occurred and it must be frustrating as I have had so many family members experience that too and not being able to talk yet understand everything.
Hi Wendy, they performed Tracheostomy, so she can't speak for now , the long use of ventilator is one of the reason, so her voice box can't perform now to make any sound as she breathing directly through a tube and not mouth that need time for healing after the use of ventilator.

Hi Wendy, they performed Tracheostomy, so she can't speak for now , the long use of ventilator is one of the reason, so her voice box can't perform now to make any sound as she breathing directly through a tube and not mouth that need time for healing after the use of ventilator.
well that is better news, sending healing vibes :love:

McGyver

Energetic
I get the reason for that procedure, but that’s rough... Sorry to hear about that, but hopefully the healing process will be given a boost... Well, please continue to heal Lisa... We are all looking forward to your recover.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is a direct quote from Lisa's husband to me in email.

"Lisa is making more baby steps forward this week. She has had several procedures done and is doing ok with them.

Today they changed her ventilator to allow her to breathe on her own and will provide assistance if she needs any. She is tolerating it well

and her O2 saturation is in the mid to upper 90s. She is also off of most of the heart medicine."

This is amazing to hear. Loving progress even if it's very small and slow going. I'm hoping she'll be talking soon. I don't know how cognizant she is. There are still a lot of unknowns. I have a bunch of questions as to her condition, but need to be satisfied with what little we are getting I suppose.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is a direct quote from Lisa's husband to me in email.

"Lisa is making more baby steps forward this week. She has had several procedures done and is doing ok with them.

Today they changed her ventilator to allow her to breathe on her own and will provide assistance if she needs any. She is tolerating it well

and her O2 saturation is in the mid to upper 90s. She is also off of most of the heart medicine."

This is amazing to hear. Loving progress even if it's very small and slow going. I'm hoping she'll be talking soon. I don't know how cognizant she is. There are still a lot of unknowns. I have a bunch of questions as to her condition, but need to be satisfied with what little we are getting I suppose.

Oh, gosh, that is SUCH good news to hear, Chris! Thank you so much for letting us know.