• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser on borrowed time?

quietrob

Extraordinary
That's very cool of you, Earl. I had a hard drive failure and lost only one file. It was called runtime. I was able to restore some from backups but some files were so poorly named I couldn't locate them on any of my backup drives. I contacted CP and they said they would let me download the FREE ONE's. Something I could do without their permission. I went through the process of contacting vendor after vendor that were still in business such as Karth, and they were very understanding and resupplied the lost files. I made certain to visit their stores again and bought something else. Every other large distributor like the now defunct RDNA, DAZ and Renderosity stores the files just in case. I haven't checked but I'm sure the Hive does as well. Consequently when the deals for PP11 came out, I bought my upgrade at somewhere else besides CP. Yes it still urks to me this day.

If they do have something I want, I make sure to make triple copies. I'm not paying that extra. Like my sister said when we were kids....SO THERE!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If anyone loses anything they purchased of mine just shoot me a pm with the receipt and I will supply a link for you to get it back.
You shouldn't have to pay to replace a lost file.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, Hivewire does keep track of the things you buy and will let you re download. Already been there. I keep a duplicate file of all the things I buy. I keep them in a folder named after the store I bought them from so I know where i got them from. Sadly, those iles are on my Mac and I'm mostly using a PC these days. But I needed a reason to get a new hard drive anyway.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, too bad CP doesn't but I think most vendors will replace lost files if you show a receipt.

I love it here at HiveWire and I hope to be here for a lonnnnng time. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not crazy about having to pay for extended downloads at Content Paradise. It's one reason I rarely shop there.

As for Applications, including Poser, if there is a box copy, I buy that over the download. Of course, the Service Releases are a different matter altogether since they are only available as downloads. But, at least you only ever really need to redownload the last SR.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's been years since I had a birthday coupon from CP. Then again, I'm there so infrequently, it's possible it's there every year, and I'm just not aware of it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, haven't checked mine lately.

I do hope Poser keeps going but do wish they would update CP so it is more user friendly and do away with that download fee.
Ever since my first copy of Poser (Poser 4) I've tried to support them but "it ain't easy" as the saying goes.

Not hard to work on HiveWire 3D and I like the way it is set up.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmmm, haven't checked mine lately.

I do hope Poser keeps going but do wish they would update CP so it is more user friendly and do away with that download fee.
Ever since my first copy of Poser (Poser 4) I've tried to support them but "it ain't easy" as the saying goes.

Not hard to work on HiveWire 3D and I like the way it is set up.
I'd settle for larger product renders... as a start anyway. I like to see clearly what it is I'm buying. I'm not as young as I used to be,nor can I see as well. Just to see if I could make anything out on my smartphone, I opened a link to Content Paradise. Needless to say, no I can't.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
@Faery_Light Well, you don't HAVE to pay the download fee. You can click it off...but if you need to download it again. You are out of luck. Which is of course ridiculous when you compare it to the big sites. I refuse to pay the fee and get my Poser upgrades elsewhere.

Earl, they haven't changed that site for probably the last seven or eight years. It's well overdue for an overhaul. DAZ isn't enthused with my love of Poser but one thing I do like about their site is their presentation of sales and new products is the best in the business. Rendo and the Hive are both very good, but DAZ looks exciting. Even if, for me, it's look but don't touch, I have to give them their due. Their search could be better but Content Paradise (CP) should know larger product renders are a must! As we say in the USA...C'mon Man!

Just curious. Is there someone with experience who could say how much a revamp of the CP website would cost?

Miss B

CV-BEE
IIRC Earl, someone had started a thread on the SM Poser forum quite some time ago about it, but with the changes in staff, who knows what, or when, anything will be done about it, if at all.

eclark1894

Visionary
IIRC Earl, someone had started a thread on the SM Poser forum quite some time ago about it, but with the changes in staff, who knows what, or when, anything will be done about it, if at all.
I remember that Charles Taylor said that he was planning to supervise a revamping or retooling of CP, but that was him and he's no longer there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Riiiight, I didn't remember if it was Chuck, or someone else who's no longer at SM.

Considering SM's site is modern and fairly well designed, you'd think they'd get whomever designed their site, to design CP's site. ~shrugs~