• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser on borrowed time?

Thing is the Library would have to be redesigned, and they have been moving the design more and more toward Internet Access.
Actually it wouldn't yield good ROI to change the Library again 'cause of grumps like me. So I wouldn't want them to. I'll just do my own little self defense moves. (claws flashing)

eclark1894

Visionary
I apologize for calling CP 'garbage'. That was careless. Aggressive advertising just makes me angry. Sometimes I get emails telling me that something is on sale 'Today Only' and so I won't buy from that company for 30 days. If they send me an add like that every month they'll never sell me anything. Anyway, I've got no grudge against Smith Micro but my contrary nature has put CP off limits. Good thing not everyone is onnrey as me.
I kind of know what you're talking about. Time Warner Cable was just recently acquired by Spectrum. I'm already a customer of theirs, and they keep sending me ad mail urging me to switch to what they call their "Triple play". All in all not really a bad deal. I called them last week intending to go ahead and switch. They put me on hold, then started playing commercials while making me wait . I hung up. Decided I'd acted rashly and contacted them online through chat. The operator asked me to hold on while they switched me over to some one in sales. I told them not to. He did anyway. and I left.

Hornet3d

Wise
Aw how sweet. Just popping in to let you know I'm OK.

This thread is a hard read. Other threads at the SM forum are even harder and sometimes even hurtful. I've been purposely not commenting publicly about this whole mess for reasons that I hope are understandable. Still trying to find out which direction my ship will be sailing at this point. And I can't even begin to express how much I miss all my SM buds.

I will say I share the same concerns as everyone else. Beyond that, I try to remain optimistic, but it's been a rough ride. I have 8 years of content creation practices to catch up on, so eh, let's go with that. I've been resisting DS so far (ack that interface!), but will confess that I'm forcing myself to at least open it once in a while. ;-)

Teyon is working for a game developer and is very happy. Chuck and I recently released Maisie, a toon figure for Poser 11 at Renderosity. We considered releasing it here also, but noticed that HW already has a very nice toon figure here already!

Change is always certain. Rolling with it isn't always easy, but you roll as best you can.

Hugs everyone.

It is great to hear from you and thank you for the update on the others. While it is an important part of my life Poser is just a hobby for me and I am only too well aware that for others it is their livelihood. Having been made redundant three times toward the end of my working career I know it is not nice thing to happen. I hope it all works out for you and, to keep this balanced, I also wish the same for Syyd.

I am not a toon person so I would not have purchased Maisie, good as she is, but I would make one comment you might like to keep in mind for any future work. I don't buy at present from Rendo due to security reasons, or lack of, and I know I am not alone. You might just get a few more sales if you did also release stuff here. Mind you I am biased, there are a lot of Rendo vendors I would like to see selling here.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think we all need a reminder that Chris, LisaB, Chuck (Nerd3D) all made a lot of decisions based on their belief that Poser and DAZ were always both better when they worked together, in concert.

And, I think they're right.

I have never forgotten the people behind Hivewire and luckily for me it all happened at the point when I was at my lowest , hobby wise. If it were not for Hivewire3d I am sure I would not be counting Poser/3D art as one of my hobbies at the moment and that would have been a real shame because I would have missed out on all the fun I have had since.

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
="I am not a toon person so I would not have purchased Maisie, good as she is, but I would make one comment you might like to keep in mind for any future work. I don't buy at present from Rendo due to security reasons, or lack of, and I know I am not alone. You might just get a few more sales if you did also release stuff here. Mind you I am biased, there are a lot of Rendo vendors I would like to see selling here."

One step ahead of you :cool:

Willowisp

Adventurous
I actually bought Maisie and some of her things, tho I'll probably never use her (I don't do toons), but I did it to support you guys. I think it is important to remember that if we want poser to survive, we have to support the vendors that make content for poser.

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I actually bought Maisie and some of her things, tho I'll probably never use her (I don't do toons), but I did it to support you guys. I think it is important to remember that if we want poser to survive, we have to support the vendors that make content for poser.

I try to do the same, but money has been real scarce lately. Heh.

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. HUGE hugs!

Hornet3d

Wise

In truth I would probably done the same thing as, even though I don't normally do toons, I could have found a use and Maisie was good. Real sticking point for me is my self imposed ban on buying from Rendo. Five occasions when my credit cards were hacked in slightly more than a year is a bit too much for me. Two were definitely their fault because they admitted to such. The other three occasions I had only every used it there but I can't prove it 100%, but given the history I don't think I can be blamed for being suspicious. Then there was the occasion when I had multiple charges for the same order. All of this was sorted but only after a lot of hassle and 3D art is meant to be fun.

It is not a situation I am really happy with as there are other vendors there that still make for Poser and I would like to support them as well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
In truth I would probably done the same thing as, even though I don't normally do toons, I could have found a use and Maisie was good. Real sticking point for me is my self imposed ban on buying from Rendo. Five occasions when my credit cards were hacked in slightly more than a year is a bit too much for me. Two were definitely their fault because they admitted to such. The other three occasions I had only every used it there but I can't prove it 100%, but given the history I don't think I can be blamed for being suspicious. Then there was the occasion when I had multiple charges for the same order. All of this was sorted but only after a lot of hassle and 3D art is meant to be fun.

It is not a situation I am really happy with as there are other vendors there that still make for Poser and I would like to support them as well.

Same here, Hornet. I'm just tired of having my CC hacked and, therefore, Rendo is on a complete ban for me. 4 times in one years is quite enough.

Hornet3d

Wise
Same here, Hornet. I'm just tired of having my CC hacked and, therefore, Rendo is on a complete ban for me. 4 times in one years is quite enough.

Sorry to hear you were another victim. After the first occasion and they stated they had improved their security I continued but on the second occasion the statement was identical. If you keep saying you are going to do something and the same thing happens again people loose trust.

The real said fact I I know we are not alone.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've tried supporting Poser by creating some textures and characters for their models.
Those are sold on CP only now.
Somewhere on my DVDs I have a character set for Jessi that I never put there.
The morph changed her enough that most people who saw the image I made did not know it was her.
Hmmm, maybe I'll find it and put it there. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I've tried supporting Poser by creating some textures and characters for their models.
Those are sold on CP only now.
Somewhere on my DVDs I have a character set for Jessi that I never put there.
The morph changed her enough that most people who saw the image I made did not know it was her.
Hmmm, maybe I'll find it and put it there. :)

I keep forgetting CP, I will have to go hunting.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm Faery_Light there too. :)
I may do some more one day.
This was my favorite...

MeiLi Main Pg.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Many Many Many years ago I got Poser with a Mag I bought (most likely something photoshop related) I loaded it had a play couldn't work out what I was supposed to do unloaded it and never looked a 3D again. Well, until a couple of years ago.
I got Daz Studio because it was free, loaded it up had a play, even rendered my first render and it wasn't that bad so grabbed a heap of freebies (THANK YOU to all the freebie creators out there!), played some more. Found HiveWire and fell in love with Harry (after buying everything horse related I could) and the rest is history.

If it wasn't for the Hive, I probably wouldn't have tried Poser again, and while I still find DS more intuitive for me, I'm slowly finding my way around Poser (it helped I got a new P10 Pro CD off of ebay for $20, then there was was a sale and I got the upgrade to 11 for $50, I don't think I would have bought it if it was anything like full price).

I won't buy off of CP because I don't like that you have to pay for the extended download when every other big company allows unlimited downloads for free (or at least a maximum download limit of 10 times). I've been caught out before.

I :love: HiveWire3D and everyone here!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, I don't care for that extended download pay out either.
I try to backup to DVD and my external so that I won't need to.