• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 SR3 and Content Update

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
bot.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
It is? A dome, not the old Construct? How'd you activate it?

Not sure if this is quite what you mean, but the GROUND in P11 is not just a flat ground plane. It does have a dome built in. It also has morphing tools so you can make the ground rocky and such. There's also a couple materials for it for a beach scene and such. So in the Library it's called the Construct, but it shows as the GROUND prop in your scene.

jan19

Enthusiast
Not sure if this is quite what you mean, but the GROUND in P11 is not just a flat ground plane. It does have a dome built in. It also has morphing tools so you can make the ground rocky and such. There's also a couple materials for it for a beach scene and such. So in the Library it's called the Construct, but it shows as the GROUND prop in your scene.

Thanks. :) Me and the Ground/Construct are firm adversaries. Most of the time, I really dislike that thing. But thank you. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thanks again. :) How do you manage to hide the ground, but still get the bkg to show? When I hid the ground, my HDRI went away, too.
Background here is global background object, not part of the ground. Not actor. Can be selected only in Advanced Material Room via object selector.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Can someone tell me if clothing rigged in p11p doesn't work in lower versions of poser...especially if a morph has been made with the morph brush?

jan19

Enthusiast
Background here is global background object, not part of the ground. Not actor. Can be selected only in Advanced Material Room via object selector.

Thank you. :) OK -- advanced material room and object selector. I'll give her a try.

Edit: that does work. I can see the HDRI, but the figure renders black unless I put lights in the scene. Also, no shadows on the ground, as you said.

Last edited:

jan19

Enthusiast
Can someone tell me if clothing rigged in p11p doesn't work in lower versions of poser...especially if a morph has been made with the morph brush?

I'm thinking probably -- especially in PP 2014. I don't know how low you can go, version-wise, to do weight mapped clothing though.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh I know it can only go as low as 9 Jan....It's just that clothing I rigged using p11p...do not work the same in lower versions (down to version 9) of poser...I was just wondering how many others are finding this?

jan19

Enthusiast
Oh I know it can only go as low as 9 Jan....It's just that clothing I rigged using p11p...do not work the same in lower versions (down to version 9) of poser...I was just wondering how many others are finding this?

That's more than I knew. :) I couldn't remember exactly which version introduced weight mapping.

This is just a thought...but did you change the version # in the cr2? Down to 9 (or 6) or whatever would be suitable for your clothing?

I'm not sure if that will help. Just throwing out an idea. I haven't tried P11 clothing in the lower versions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That sounds like a good idea actually Jan...I seem to remember something about needing to do that.

jan19

Enthusiast
That sounds like a good idea actually Jan...I seem to remember something about needing to do that.

Thank you, Pen. :) Conveniently, the Version # is located at the beginning of the cr2. You can use a text editor to change it, or Poser File Editor -- which I love. :)

Is cast_light checked?

Ahh...I don't remember doing that. :geek: I will refer back to your screenshot. Thank you!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Good morning all...Sorry about not replying sooner Jan...and no the cr2 number is right...and besides that would only make it pop and say it was made for a newer version...
What I am talking about is the shaping...I do the weight mapping in p11p...use the morph brush...it poses perfectly in all sorts of poses...But when taken into a poser version lower than p11p...but higher than 9...the amount of poke through is like I haven't even done the weight mapping!

jan19

Enthusiast
Good morning all...Sorry about not replying sooner Jan...and no the cr2 number is right...and besides that would only make it pop and say it was made for a newer version...
What I am talking about is the shaping...I do the weight mapping in p11p...use the morph brush...it poses perfectly in all sorts of poses...But when taken into a poser version lower than p11p...but higher than 9...the amount of poke through is like I haven't even done the weight mapping!

I'm sorry. That's got to be miserable, having to do all that over again.

Is cast_light checked?

That did it, as far as the lighting goes. :) Thanks! I get no HDRI preview, though, and no shadow on the HDRI bkg. But at least it's a step!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds like it is very different to how it's done in the previous versions Sanbie which may be why it doesn't work as well in them.