• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 SR3 and Content Update

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a screen cap of the lag in the library load.

ERROR.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My PP11 library doesn't lag that much initially, but I do see some lag when I try to select/open a folder to drill down to what it is I'm trying to reach. I don't have that at all with P9, so it's not my older laptop, but PP11.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not sure, but I have a habit of clicking the refresh button in the library before I go looking for anything in either of my Poser runtimes.

OK, I just checked, and no I didn't have it checked. I'll do that now and restart.

Miss B

CV-BEE
General preferences - Library - Refresh on Launch is checked or unchecked?
Well, thank you for that tidbit, because I just reopened PP11, and the subfolders show up immediately when I click on any of the main folders. Nice. ;)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Honestly, I think it will be just the opposite - lag with checked new option - but good thing that it works :)

skylab

Esteemed
That's what I was thinking too...logically...but there's no denying, it stopped being jumpy, and that's what I needed. It was getting miserable trying to build a scene...thanks :)

English Bob

Adventurous
Although the Poser update installed correctly, the Download Manager froze afterwards and had to be restarted.

FYI The DLM now uses a more modern secure connection. (Certificate revocation and all that stuff I don't understand) any way there have been reports of it not getting along with some internet security, older versions of Bitdefender in particular.

Thanks, I was updating my work copy when I saw that, and we have some heavy-duty Internet defence. I haven't had time to update my home copy yet. I'll see how that goes.

No problems with the home update. Looks like a security clash, then, but no big deal. The update still worked in both situations.

jan19

Enthusiast
I don't have problems with the Library, if I just Refresh a time or two. And thanks for the Material Guides for SuperFly.

But -- are you guys ever gonna give us a real in-house HDRI dome for SuperFly?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
But -- are you guys ever gonna give us a real in-house HDRI dome for SuperFly?
Speaking of that - do anybody have positive experience with backgroung casting light in progressive refine mode? When I'm trying it render not starts properly (no matter CPU or GPU).
But in tiling mode - yes, dome is here :) Without shadow-catching ground :( And transparent on export without options :( (Like transparent film in Cycles.)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Honestly, I think it will be just the opposite - lag with checked new option - but good thing that it works :)
I would've thought so too, but it's fine, and I don't have to hit Refresh when I first open PP11 any more. Unfortunately, P9 doesn't have that option, so either it's a Pro version option, or brand new to PP11.

jan19

Enthusiast
But in tiling mode - yes, dome is here :) Without shadow-catching ground :( And transparent on export without options :( (Like transparent film in Cycles.)

You and I must've gotten different SRs. I don't see a dome option anywhere -- even in the manual. Just Bkg/Ground, as usual.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Speaking of that - do anybody have positive experience with backgroung casting light in progressive refine mode? When I'm trying it render not starts properly (no matter CPU or GPU).

I'm not sure my answer here is on target, but here goes anyway. Poser11 Superfly render using some old and some new stuff in the render. The decades old Galopagos Tortise with a normal map conversion, LisaB grasses, the Poser 11 Construct with P11 textures and Morphing Ocean from RO, Ken Gilliland's Songbird Flock Formations Seagulls. The only textures I changed were the normal map addition, all others are original. Lights are Vince Banga's Sunlight for Poser, CPU render.
TortiseSuperfly.jpg

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
You and I must've gotten different SRs. I don't see a dome option anywhere -- even in the manual. Just Bkg/Ground, as usual.
Added Cast_Light option to Background shader node. Use in conjunction with EnvironmentTexture for Image Based Lighting effects in SuperFly renders.
Will make a post with configuration in Poser Forum.

jan19

Enthusiast