• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 SR3 and Content Update

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
Get ready for Poser SR3. It's has a huge number of fixes including a lot of updated content. "The Pad" a groovy apartment set has been totally reworked and re-textured for SuperFly. Grab this latest update from the Download Manager.

English Bob

Adventurous
Thanks - installed.

Although the Poser update installed correctly, the Download Manager froze afterwards and had to be restarted. There were no problems with the content update. It's no big deal, just adding a note in case anybody else experiences this and is concerned.

(Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
FYI The DLM now uses a more modern secure connection. (Certificate revocation and all that stuff I don't understand) any way there have been reports of it not getting along with some internet security, older versions of Bitdefender in particular.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
In case anyone else runs into this. After I installed the update my library window just showed as blank. I did find some tiny little reload arrows in the bottom right corner of blank window. Clicked those, and my library showed up again.

skylab

Esteemed
GG, me too...when it first happened, I thought...I don't believe this...something else to work through...haha. But it self-corrected :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone know if they've made Poser more stable yet? Since PP11 was released, I can't even count how many scenes I've lost to save file memory corruption--it's practically guaranteed to happen to any scene with more than one piece of dynamic cloth, it seems, and it's happened to several scenes without dynamic cloth. :(

skylab

Esteemed
Well, that's been my issue too...after running a dynamic cloth sim, when attempting to render the scene, the cloth reverts back to zero position on frame 30. I tried working around the bug by attempting to save the scene before rendering, but the sim ends up not saving either. I thought it was just me at first, but then others said they were having the same problem. I did everything I could think of to correct the problem, including re-installing Poser, and even restoring Windows to a previous state, just in case it was a Windows issue...which then lead me down the path of re-activation issues when you attempt to re-open Poser...I didn't know that a Windows restore would corrupt the activation. Sooooo...with the kindly input of others, I finally got it all back up again, eagerly applied the SR3 update, hoping it would perhaps make things work better, and lo and behold, no library was showing at first....by this time, it was starting to give me a twitch, know what I mean? I was so relieved when the library finally appeared o_O

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone know if they've made Poser more stable yet? Since PP11 was released, I can't even count how many scenes I've lost to save file memory corruption--it's practically guaranteed to happen to any scene with more than one piece of dynamic cloth, it seems, and it's happened to several scenes without dynamic cloth. :(

Well I updated this morning and I'm currently doing okay simulating a rope (as stand in for a noodle) on a kittens head. I didn't really expect the simulation to make it through the first pass but it did actually rather quickly. And it was the second cloth item I had (because of course there was a table cloth). Also once I found the refresh button for my library, it's been acting way better than it had been before the update.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Well I updated this morning and I'm currently doing okay simulating a rope (as stand in for a noodle) on a kittens head. I didn't really expect the simulation to make it through the first pass but it did actually rather quickly. And it was the second cloth item I had (because of course there was a table cloth). Also once I found the refresh button for my library, it's been acting way better than it had been before the update.
Have you tried saving a scene? What happens to me is I save the scene and it tells me I've run out of memory; if I try to open it later, it tells me the save file is invalid. :(

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Have you tried saving a scene? What happens to me is I save the scene and it tells me I've run out of memory; if I try to open it later, it tells me the save file is invalid. :(

Yes, I've been working on a file for a while now that I've saved several times. I think I have had that issue you are talking about before. I think I just had to restart to clear out my RAM. But I may be misremembering.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Get ready for Poser SR3. It's has a huge number of fixes including a lot of updated content. "The Pad" a groovy apartment set has been totally reworked and re-textured for SuperFly. Grab this latest update from the Download Manager.

By the way is there anyway to find out what all the updates and changes are? I'm one of those strange people who reads release notes. But I my search has brought up results for just about every version of Poser but 11, and I don't see anything over on RDNA. I did see a post on Renderosity, but it's unformatted and mostly unreadable.

English Bob

Adventurous
FYI The DLM now uses a more modern secure connection. (Certificate revocation and all that stuff I don't understand) any way there have been reports of it not getting along with some internet security, older versions of Bitdefender in particular.

Thanks, I was updating my work copy when I saw that, and we have some heavy-duty Internet defence. I haven't had time to update my home copy yet. I'll see how that goes.

By the way is there anyway to find out what all the updates and changes are?

You'll get the release notes when you run the installer. An information window pops up, and if you wish you can copy and paste the notes. (Edited to add: and if you don't like the changes you can back out at this stage. If you want a preview prior to downloading I don't suppose SM would object to my posting them.)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
You'll get the release notes when you run the installer. An information window pops up, and if you wish you can copy and paste the notes. (Edited to add: and if you don't like the changes you can back out at this stage. If you want a preview prior to downloading I don't suppose SM would object to my posting them.)

You know, I should have thought of that. I'm something of an upgrade freak, so I had quickly clicked through everything. Mostly I wanted to know if anything had been added. I also found a read me that had the updates notes once I had run the install. And I'm so excited. You can now use Queue manager for SuperFly!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Where does one go to put in a bug report? I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling, if possible, this update. Once having the library take forever to show up as more than a grey box is fine, but it is every time I load Poser 11, and after this reboot, it took well over a minute, more like 2 or 3 to appear!

I am also still having no luck setting my thumbnail size in the tree lay out and having it stay after I close Poser and reopen it.

If anyone is curious I'm on Windows 10.

skylab

Esteemed
My library lags each time I open Poser too...eventually it works, but there's a lengthy time in which it is a blank gray box. Once it loads, it performs "jumpy"...attempting to select a folder may cause you to jump to another category altogether, or it will select a random item on its own. I'm on Windows 7 Pro.