• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Hornet3d

Wise
Installed 11.2.272, and it has suggested uninstalling Poser 11, I said no, and it continued the installation. Here again, everything was preserved by simply installing over the existing Poser 11. Uninstall only if you really want to.

I am not too bothered, there are only a few hours between the updates and even this might not be the final release. We already know what that there no new features as Bondware has said so describing this as a bridge release. As I have a working version with Bondware branding then I have a fairly good chance of surviving the SM server shutdown, which was my major concern. I have never updated Poser on a regular basis generally sticking when I found I had a stable versions. So I will stick with this unless it is deactivated. I do however look forward to what Bondware are doing for Poser 12 as this has been a very good start to their Poser ownership and it should keep the soothsayers predicting the imminent death of Poser quiet for a while. They will of course be right some point but I have now been on the winning side of the prediction of doom for close to twenty years now.

Before I upset anyone here I will quickly add I have not seen the doom merchants here at Hivewire as there is a genuine interest in 3D art no matter what software is used but Poser doom mongers are not hard to find elsewhere.

RobZhena

Adventurous
Will you be able to do that Rob? The reason I ask is, usually you can have more than one "version" of software installed, such as PP11 and PP12, but in this case, it's just an update of PP11, not a brand new version like PP12. I'm not sure you'll be able to keep PP11.1, unless you have it on a separate computer from the one where you'll be installing PP11.2. Then you might be able to do so.
Yes, Miss B. It has worked all along, probably because 11.1 is tied to the SM license server and 11,2 to the Bondware server. If I hadn’t converted 11.1 to a permanent license, I imagine it would have stopped working when the SM servers go off line.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! Poser Pro 11.2 downloaded and installed with no problems. On startup, my licence number was present, (you have to input this to download the content at PoserSoftware.com/downloads which come as zip files for Legacy and the new Premium content), otherwise, you will receive a trial version (20 days I think) requiring you to purchase a licence. I haven't explored it yet other than start the program but it is strange to be met with LaFemme rather than poor old Andy (enjoy your retirement chap!) I like that the new Premium content and Legacy content are separate and can be downloaded individually so no more complaints about outdated, poor quality content for the simple reason that you only download what you want. Myself included! I downloaded the 3D Scenery content from the new content and am delighted to see a number of familiar and respected names including Hivewire 3D. The only problem so far is that the upgrade didn't recognise Reality which I had installed but that should be an easy matter to sort out. Overall, I'm very impressed with Renderosity's handling of the upgrade and I'm looking forward to a bright future for Poser in spite of all the doomsayers. :happydance:

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK! Poser Pro 11.2 downloaded and installed with no problems. On startup, my licence number was present, (you have to input this to download the content at PoserSoftware.com/downloads which come as zip files for Legacy and the new Premium content), otherwise, you will receive a trial version (20 days I think) requiring you to purchase a licence. I haven't explored it yet other than start the program but it is strange to be met with LaFemme rather than poor old Andy (enjoy your retirement chap!) I like that the new Premium content and Legacy content are separate and can be downloaded individually so no more complaints about outdated, poor quality content for the simple reason that you only download what you want. Myself included! I downloaded the 3D Scenery content from the new content and am delighted to see a number of familiar and respected names including Hivewire 3D. The only problem so far is that the upgrade didn't recognise Reality which I had installed but that should be an easy matter to sort out. Overall, I'm very impressed with Renderosity's handling of the upgrade and I'm looking forward to a bright future for Poser in spite of all the doomsayers. :happydance:

Yeah, Reality is one of those 3rd party addons I was referring to. A simple reinstall should sort out any problems for you.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Way back when I first installed Poser 11, it put the Poser 11 Content Runtime in Users / Me / Documents. However, I put all my Runtimes in a 3D Content folder which is also under Users / Me / Documents. Consequently, I've had duplicate Poser 11 Content Runtimes in both locations for years now. As well as duplicate Poser Pro 2014 Content Runtimes. If I remember right, Poser couldn't find some content (like the Heads ... which I never use anyway) if the Poser Content Runtime isn't where it was installed.

Before installing the PoserSupport files, I moved both Poser Content Runtimes into my 3D Content folder and merged those Runtimes with the existing 3D Content Runtimes.

Imagine my surprise when after installing the PoserSupport files, there was no Poser 11 Content in Users / Me / Documents. I eventually discovered it in Users / Public / Public Documents. Where I also found yet another Poser Pro 2014 Content Runtime. Seriously?!? While I do have a rather large hard drive, that's a lot of hard drive space being used by files that aren't used. Not to mention ... taking up backup storage space. How very annoying.

I have no idea when Smith Micro started putting the Poser Content under the Public "user," but that's sure annoying. I may be wrong, but isn't the only other option to install the Poser Content Runtime in the Poser application folder? Or does the other option allow you to direct the install exactly where you want the Poser Content to be installed?

Oh. Seems I now have two La Femmes. One with a "bikini" and a thumbnail, and one naked with no thumbnail. The bikini isn't purple though :wink: I also have duplicate store links everywhere. One with a thumbnail, one without.

1568892017735.png

Hornet3d

Wise
The new files are online. I grabbed the files at 4AM and got good download speeds then.

The Hivewire figures are also in the Premium Content downloads.

Welcome everyone, to the Bondware version of Poser!!!!!!! Poser's future is much brighter today than it has ever been.

Thank you for the update and I am sure you are right that Poser future is much brighter today than it has been for years. One thing to note so far is that there has been no complaints from those downloading or those actually running the install. It has been a very smooth process and the downloads are set up in such a way that you can largely chose the content you want and, I suspect, this reduces the demand on the server. I try to be fair and complain if I think I have a genuine complaint and give praise when it is due. So far I have nothing but praise for the choices Bondware have made and the way the update has been implemented.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have no idea when Smith Micro started putting the Poser Content under the Public "user," but that's sure annoying. I may be wrong, but isn't the only other option to install the Poser Content Runtime in the Poser application folder? Or does the other option allow you to direct the install exactly where you want the Poser Content to be installed?

Oh. Seems I now have two La Femmes. One with a "bikini" and a thumbnail, and one naked with no thumbnail. The bikini isn't purple though :wink: I also have duplicate store links everywhere. One with a thumbnail, one without.

View attachment 51383

Yes, Satira, you can install your Poser content where you want it. Mine is in c:\Poser 11 Content, separate from my Poser 11 program installation.

You do have to "insist" during the installation process on the location of the content files as Poser chooses a default it prefers, but you can change it.

And, yeah, with La Femme, no one can complain there isn't a "safe for work" model now, can they? LOL!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Downloaded and installed. Didn't ask me to remove previous version and serial number was already in there. Still no HiveWire figures but it's nice to see something other than Andy when I open it up.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Mk but where is the download? I mean it says nothing about 11.2 on the link provided in the newsletter. I already have Poser Pro 11.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Just so you know. You might just have to re-download all the files again since these are not the final ones. Poser will have a new install after this one. Just might save you some time. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I can't exactly download right now probably Friday or Saturday.......we are experiencing bad weather due to the tropical storm so ........... I'm sure there will be updates.

Thanks for the link info!!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! I've been working on a new image in the new download for a couple of hours with no problems. Only the Poser and Download folders showing in the library but no worries loading my Runtimes which I keep on a separate hard drive (plus a backup on a third hard drive) using the add library button. Two niggles though both concerning the library. First is that I like to use the navigation buttons on my PC to scroll through the library. No problems on PP 11.1 but on the update it gets as far as the last item showing on the page then, other than jumping a bit, it refuses to scroll any further. That's a minor niggle overcome by using the slider. More annoying, especially if you have less than perfect eyesight (like me!) is the library thumbnails. They are miniscule which makes life difficult even compared to the thumbnails on PP 11.1. Definitely a retrograde step and one which will hopefully be addressed sooner rather than later!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Myth, did you try changing the thumbnail sizes? My install retained the large thumbnails.

Click on the three dots at the bottom of the library to expand the library properties. Then depending whether you use Tree or List, adjust the thumbnail sizes.

1568905387764.png