• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's what I have. They haven't upgraded it since very early this morning then.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, with a new owner there had to be some kind of update, even if it's not a major one. I'm just glad it went smoothly, and my External Library is still working as it should. I just had to change the URI for my browser link.

Tomorrow I'm going to explore the zip files I downloaded to see what, if anything, I want to install. Meanwhile, all the files have been backed up on my external hard drive. ;)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm downloading the extra content now. It's good to see the old animals again! The lion looks like a stuffed animal.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just realized all of my Dimension3D scripts that were working fine in 11.1 have stopped working in 11.2. My Netherworks and Shaderworks scripts still work, so it seems to be particular to D3D. And since Ralf has passed away, I wonder how they will handle this.

skylab

Esteemed
Thank you Snarly for your efforts to repair D3D's script. I'm hoping to see your Snow script back in action too...I used to enjoy using it :)

mailbox-snarly-snow.gif

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I can do that. My machines are all Win7Pro and Win7Ult, 64bit. It would be good to check it on a Win10 system; what does Ken have?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
After yesterdays download (and sorting out those tiddly little thumbnails thanks to Satira!) I have been playing around with a couple of new images. Pleased to report everything is running as should be. Finished downloading the Premium content last night (i.e. the early hours of this morning :sleep: !) and unpacked them into temporary runtimes while I go through them and sort out what I want to keep and what I want to store. I love the new download system for the simple reason that that is the way I've always installed content. So far, so good and I must admit that I'm very impressed with the new included content and that's quite aside from Hivewires well-deserved presence. Rendo really have to be congratulated for the way they have handled the introduction of their new download system and new content bundles. There's a lot in there for regular users and newcomers alike and I'm looking forward to a much brighter future for my favourite 3D app!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree Mytho. I've gone through all but the Props and Transportation zips, and have already made a list of what I'll be installing, so should be rather easy. Turns out I already have 4 or so of the items included, as I purchased them years ago, but found 2 that I've had my eye on for a while now also included, so I'm pretty pleased. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
After yesterdays download (and sorting out those tiddly little thumbnails thanks to Satira!) I have been playing around with a couple of new images. Pleased to report everything is running as should be. Finished downloading the Premium content last night (i.e. the early hours of this morning :sleep: !) and unpacked them into temporary runtimes while I go through them and sort out what I want to keep and what I want to store. I love the new download system for the simple reason that that is the way I've always installed content. So far, so good and I must admit that I'm very impressed with the new included content and that's quite aside from Hivewires well-deserved presence. Rendo really have to be congratulated for the way they have handled the introduction of their new download system and new content bundles. There's a lot in there for regular users and newcomers alike and I'm looking forward to a much brighter future for my favourite 3D app!

I second every word of that, or, I guess after Miss B's post that should be I third it.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
By the way - I've not updated yet (everything is downloaded) and Poser 11 is working just fine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's very possible SM hasn't closed down that server yet. I wouldn't wait too long to at least update the software. The content zips can wait. I haven't done those yet, though looked through them to see what I'm actually going to install.