• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
That's one of the first things i've always changed when starting a new poser. LOL I like BIG thumbs. hehe

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just so you know. You might just have to re-download all the files again since these are not the final ones. Poser will have a new install after this one. Just might save you some time. ;)

Could you clarify please? The files put up today are supposed to be the correct ones. Where are you hearing they're not?

Hornet3d

Wise
I would imagine, just like before, there will continue to be poser updates, perhaps more with Bondware so the word final is a bit misleading. The important point here is that the update needs to take away the 'phone home' feature that points at SM servers that will be shut down soon. I suspect that any version of Poser 11.2.xxx will meet that need, for me everything else is secondary.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Ghostman. Yeah, i'm sure there will be more updates at some point, just thought what's there today would be "the one" for awhile :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
er...anyone else getting a 404 not found at the download site? Wondering if the server crashed...

eta - never mind - it's back :)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, changing that when I first got PP11 was suuuuuch an improvement. The old 90px by 90px thumbnails were always hard to see, even when my eyesight was better years ago.

Miss B

CV-BEE
er...anyone else getting a 404 not found at the download site? Wondering if the server crashed...

eta - never mind - it's back :)
Not sure about that, as it's taking a long time to open the page, and when it finally settles in, it's blank, with no page at all, or 404 notice.

Then again, this has got to be a very busy time of day for the server, so I'm going to wait until tonight to check again to see if there's been another update since I downloaded a second time not long before I logged off last night.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hehe I've downloaded [very] early in the morning, and got full speed. But by now the servers might be chocking a bit - that's rather expected. I remember getting the "error 404: page not found" from SMS servers when Poser 11 was first released.

So how do we update Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev?

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, the Poser Software download page is back in action, and again it only took 3 minutes to download Installer, and 1 minute to download the Poser Support file.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looks like only 4, maybe 5 downloads from the content page for me. I already have Dawn, Dusk, Luna, Horse and Gorilla, as well as the full version of LaFemme, so I think I'll only download the 3 zips of 3DScenery content, and the Props and Transportation zip. The questionable one for me is the Figures content, as I don't use the old Poser Figures, so I think I'll hold off on that one for now.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Looks like only 4, maybe 5 downloads from the content page for me. I already have Dawn, Dusk, Luna, Horse and Gorilla, as well as the full version of LaFemme, so I think I'll only download the 3 zips of 3DScenery content, and the Props and Transportation zip. The questionable one for me is the Figures content, as I don't use the old Poser Figures, so I think I'll hold off on that one for now.

The LaFemme files are contents. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, looks like the Poser Software server is getting quite a workout. I was able to download the 1st 3DScenery content zip, but it just went to a blank page again when I tried downloading the 2nd one.

The LaFemme files are contents. ;)
Ohhhhh, OK. Then I'll put them on the list to download as well, even though I have quite a few things for her already.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, the download server's back up, and very quick right now. I just downloaded 7 files in less than 10 minutes. It's working faster than it was a little while ago, so if folks are waiting for a good time to download, now is you're chance. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK folks, I'm off here for a while to update and install content. Here's hoping all goes well without any hiccups!
FingersCrossed.png

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
These are the ReadMes from the La Femme and Premium Content files. You can find these in the Renderosity store if you want to see what kind of quality, commercial content is included in these packages. This is not your normal Poser content folder.

!P11.2PremiumContent.jpg

And, this list doesn't include the Hivewire content.

LeeMoon

Inspired
My head's spinning from trying out so much new, high quality content in 11.2. I played with Dusk SE for a while and have been trying out different scenes, textures, props, etc. all afternoon. Those awesome vendors really graced us all by allowing their products to be part of this update. Thank you to all the wonderful vendors for doing that!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I logged off, went out for a while, and when I got back I rebooted up my computer and did the two installations. I did NOT have to uninstall and reinstall, and it allowed me to install PP 11.2 where I had it installed, AND it allowed me to choose the Runtime folder I always use. The only time I didn't have a choice was with the Poser Support installer, so I wound up with a Runtime folder within my Runtime folder. I just dragged it to my Desktop, and will manually move whatever's in there to where it belongs. Then I'll see about the zip files, but first I need to boot up PP 11.2 and check it out. ;)

These are the ReadMes from the La Femme and Premium Content files. You can find these in the Renderosity store if you want to see what kind of quality, commercial content is included in these packages. This is not your normal Poser content folder.
Aha, thanks for that screenshot, as it gives me an idea of what I'll want to install, and what I won't.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I got everything from that extra Runtime folder installed where I wanted it installed, and just FINALLY got to boot it up. First thing I noticed was a notification, which I had to chuckle at, because that's what I would assume I would've seen if I hadn't done the upgrade yet.

PoserPro11Notification.jpg

Pretty funny since it was sitting in my PoserPro 11.2. :D